Are deadlifts a meme exercise?

Are deadlifts a meme exercise?

I mean, they do fuck all for hypertrophy

go away

Yep

Bump

>being such a sad loser that you spam this same bait thread over and over and bump it from page 10 when you don't get enough replies

here's a (you). i know you desperately crave it

please kill yourself

kill yourself

>tfw too dead to alivelift

Autism

>i have no real response to why i'm such a massive faggot that spams bait threads, so i'll just say ''autism''. that'll show him

again, kill yourself

Autism

What health benefits does deadlifting provide over bent over or pendlay rows?

In future, consider thinking about your questions for five seconds before asking them. You'll look like less of an idiot.

I meant like which will strengthen my back more.

Do trapbar deadlifts

MUCH better

most normies throw their back out picking up boxes and shoveling snow. which movement replicates this the most?

Unless your goals involve the things deadlifts are actually good for, in which case changing them to a partial squat isn't particularly useful.

It's a more back friendly alternative and if you do back extensions it makes up for it.

Trapbar deads are GOAT

It's not an alternative, unless you're also going to consider squatting and leg pressing alternatives. You're not going to make up the difference with back extensions.

trapbar deadlifts are one step above the leg press family. they should be used as a squat accessory if anything

>Leg press

>The weight is held by your hands, goes through your spine and ends with you fully erect

How on EARTH is that a leg press?

>tfw too intelligent to deadlift

The movement itself is basically identical to that of a leg press. The whole point of the bar was to remove as much back and core stress as possible and put it on the legs (which ends up being mostly quads, because of the aforementioned removal of back and core stress means lots of knee flexion and relatively little hip extension). End result is something, grip strength aside, that' s very similar to a standing leg press and not at all effective as a deadlift substitute.

He went full retard, first he says trapbar dl = partial squat, now it's leg press. Next post he will say bench.

NIGGA you're literally using only legs and grip strength.

it's a leg exercise, you are barely using your back if you're doing right. even sumo deadlifts use more back than that shit

>Are deadlifts a meme exercise?
No. Tho deadlifts are not very effective for hypertrophy, but important for weightlifting. Also, lifting heavy shit is fun and useful you have a labor job/hobby.

That first is the deadlift a meme exercise? Of the day

You're using more quads yes but it's still a back exercise.

Literally look up the purpose of why the trapbar was invented you fucking faggots.

It's a great exercise that's much friendlier on your back for most people.

Conventional Deadlifts are obsolete unless you're a powerlifter

After its probably overhead press

Idiots these days senpai

The purpose of the trap bar, when it was first brought in, was to allow people too fucked up to conventional deadlift to at least do some pulling off the floor. That came at the cost of a lot of the stuff the deadlift was primarily useful for because that back friendliness was achieved by removing as much back angle as practical (which had the side effect of removing a lot of glute and hamstring usage alongside the back usage, because the more upright back angle means more knee flexion and less hip flexion). If the trap bar deadlift is a back exercise, so is the fucking squat.

Enjoy your crippling backpain when your deadlift goes wrong dude.

Ill enjoy being healthy

Totally missing out on training hip extension, you don't need anywhere near as much with the trap bar. If you don't train flexibility you don't gain flexibility. Have fun fucking a girl with those sawdust hips OP

Good luck fucking a girl from your wheelchair LOL

Ill do isolations for what I'm missing, fag. Good luck with your paraplegia goals of 2017 fag

>TFW can't keep proper form on diddlies
>TFW do bent over rows instead

I want to get better at them but my back just arches immediately as I bend over and try to pull it up.

Also
>TFW knee cricks as you descend on squats
>TFW collarbone hurts after benching

The fit gods don't want me doing compounds, it seems

Try trapbar deads

Much easier to have form

Deadlifts are a nightmare to program. I do shot put and the thought of doing power cleans or back squats within three days of a moderately heavy deadlifting session is scary.

I think the proper way to look at deadlifts is as a great lift for a person who can only go to the gym 3 or 4 times per month. If you have to pack everything into one workout, the deadlift is the most intense fucking lift you could do. But just because it's intense doesn't mean it's generally that good. I can build an amazing amount of strength doing an RDL focused day and a squat/clean focused day. I'll also do a heavy set of rack pulls 1-2x per month. Despite almost never directly training deadlift, the carry over from RDL, squat, clean, and rack pulls is so amazing that I can still usually keep pace with the power lifters at my gym who have been toiling away at the deadlift all year.

squat will put you in a wheelchair before DLs ever will though

if you can keep up with the powerlifters in your gym by doing stuff like that your gym doesn't have powerlifters

this

Powerlifters always say crap like this but it's almost always false. I was a mid-tier D1 track and field guy back in college but I bet even the worst throwers I knew could walk into 90% of the powerlifting gyms in America and outlift the guys in their same weightclass. This isn't because training for throwers is so good. It's because there is a lot of truth to the meme that powerlifters do powerlifting because they couldn't do football or any other scholarship tier sports.

how is this an argument to what I said exactly?

prove it

invite any thrower friend you have and have him outlift any powerlifter. i'd take you myself at 195 lbs but i'm in brazil.

Kek. Not him btw
>generations of lifers deadlifting for years
>proven time and time again as one of the most effective all around movements for any lifter
Please neck yourself mate.

Trapbar deadlifts are better in every single way

Kys

from my own anecdotal experience this is completely true. Back in highschool I could do 3pl8 on trap bar, could leg press that much, but couldn't squat or actually deadlift nearly that much.

Box squats are better than trap bar dead lifts but you should still do regular dead lifts anyways

It's closer to a hack squat than an actual deadlift that's why

>be dyel
>make completely unfounded claim
>posts zero evidence or even rationale

That ...that ... iznt a leg press

Since when did leg press train grip strength, traps?

Because it's literally a quad dominant movement, like the leg press, but hits grip and traps, like the hack squat

I don't know

I always hurt my back a bit with deads, even with perfect form(checked by competing powerlifter at my gym and formchecks). I think I'm just not made for it or it's just a previous injury

I just do back extensions and TPDLs now, so far so good...

I know this feel

I love these threads where weak manlets argue against doing one of the big 3. Have fun being weak and small your whole lives.

This nigger has wrong starting position, having shoulder over the bar. Never do this shit unless you want snap city visit

The difference of the spinae erectors and the latimus dorsi (spelled from memory do not hate me Veeky Forums)

>TPDL
??? wat this

lol might as well just do dumbel shrugs in the leg press machine, awesome workout matey totally don't need to do deadlifts now.

I'm a bit of a deadlift dodger myself, but at least I don't make spastic excuses... oh yeah so I don't deadlift but it's OK because I do weighted chins, totally hit my back and forearms kek

just because your back angle looks good/your form looks perfect doesn't necessarily mean that you're getting proper muscle activation.

You could easily be compensating with other muscles, which will eventually end up hurting you when you start going too heavy

Trap bar dead lift...tbdl my bad lol

Yeah maybe, just saying it never really sat well with me for some reason