Proton

I just received my bag of unflavored whey isolate and another bag of regular whey. Is there any real difference between these 2 types, other than price? I'm cutting btw.

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-macro-manager-what-are-the-best-bcaa-food-sources.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have you ever taken protein before? Do you know what you're doing? I have a damn good guess that you don't, and you're just shitting money down the toilet.

taste

I do, guy.

Raw whey for cooking or when you already add other flavouring to your shake.

Regular whey if you just wanna add some milk/water and drink

was about to buy some whey isolate, that brand is one of the cheapest unflavoured whey bags without sucralose or sugar or anything

I don't usually take supplements but I'm trying to limit the budget a little

how about BCAA? 500g unflavoured & unsweetened is for 22 € (it costs twice as much as whey but still it's a lot cheaper than, say, low-fat greek yoghurt)

there's also the unflavoured impact whey protein (vs whey isolate), it costs way less (less than 15 € for 1 kg) and it includes 4.5g BCAA per dose - it only has 10 kcal more than whey isolate and 2g of fats and 1g of carbs (sugar naturally occurring in milk I guess)
If I am not cutting and I'm not scared about 1g of carbs and 2g of fats, isn't it superior because of that 4.5g BCAA?

>inb4 you don't need BCAA
k but since it's an extra

I just switched to this brand (natural chocolate) from Optimum Nutrition.
I'm not used to a powder that has sucralose in it, so its sweeter than i'm used to.

still good though, amazing bang for your buck

>Whey Isolate
I think it has like 95% protein
>Whey Concentrate
80% protein

WPC also got some carbs and fats.
WPI is usually safe for lactose intolerant people

I'm Unflavoured and unsweetened Whey Protein has 412 kcal, 7.5g Fats, 4.0g Carbs (Sugar) and 82g of proteins for 100g of product

Unflavoured and unsweetened Whey Isolate has 373 kcal, 0.3 g Fats, 2.5g Carbs (Sugar) and 90g of proteins for 100g of product

The difference in carbs is negligible imho, and the difference in fats is pretty irrelevant per dose unless you're seriously cutting or something

If 1kg of whey protein is 15€, that means 0.183€ per gram of protein
If 1kg of whey isolate is 22€, that means 0.244€ per gram of protein

And there's the 4.5g of BCAA in whey protein that's not sponsored in isolate too

pls respond

Effectively no, apart from price

I'm masturbating, btw

Dude

I have impact whey isolate (unflavored) as well. Difference is more protein per scoop in isolated than regular whey.

BCAA Branched Chained Amino Acids. You should buy it if you exercise fasted or exercise same musclegroups twice a week.

>If 1kg of whey protein is 15€
there's a promotion code, you can get 2.5k for 21.7 €
that's, like, 0.0105€ per gram of protein (...)

Anyway,
>If 1kg of whey protein is 15€, that means
0.0182 (not 0.182)
>If 1kg of whey isolate is 22€, that means 0.244€ per gram of protein
0.0244 (not 0.244)

>BCAA
how about >it includes 4.5g BCAA

here you go, senpai

BCAA is basicly protein buildingblocks. It should have a 2:1:1 ratio. Containing valine, the main ingredient for muscle protein synthesis, and L-leucine and L-isoleucine.

You can get it from some proteinpowders and food as well. such as red meat and egg

Also quinoa masterfood race

well, I don't eat red meat (like, at all) or eggs (unless they are used in some recipe); I eat some chicken, turkey, some local fish and some fage plus tons of legumes
to quinoa I prefer way cheaper and local grains, like farro and bulgur

about BCAA I've read mixed opinions, some saying that it's overpriced and if you don't care about an immediate spike of aminoacids you could as well take your broteins normally with a normal timing

also, it happens that in this case the cheaper, not-isolate whey cost less and it advertises a certain amount of BCAA while isolate whey does not, and since BCAA are supposed to cost more it's a little confusing

You should search for bcaa food. I just mentioned a few.

The thing about BCAA itself is it is sold as a concentrated powder, meaning it is fast absorbing.

This is what myprotein stated:
"Many people have argued that you can get the same benefits the BCAAs offer from other sources, such as whey proteiWhey protein BCAAn. Whilst whey is an excellent source of fast absorbing protein, it doesn’t have the same effects as a concentrated source of BCAAs.

The amino acids in whey have to be broken down, therefore it is not as efficient as taking BCAAs alone. This isn’t to say that whey protein is bad – not by any means – but if you’re specifically seeking the properties of BCAAs directly, it will be worthwhile to have a higher dosage."

well
>bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-macro-manager-what-are-the-best-bcaa-food-sources.html
chicken breast seems to be the winner, and turkey and fish seem on par with beef

BACK TO MY POINT: I recommend BCAA only when you exercise fasted or exercise same musclegroups more than twice a week.

>there's a promotion code, you can get 2.5k for 21.7 €
got 5k ( 200 doses ) for 38€+5€ delivery, a steal

pls explain, I'm actually unaware of what you mean