How do i fix this

how do i fix this

i know you guys won't believe me, but i stretch all the time

You know how you stand when you want to be taller? hold that posture while you squat. even if you can get down as low, dont fuck your back. work on hamstring flexibility and ankle mobility.

pic is literally the straightest i can get my back

the weird thing is that i actually have a straighter spine when i squat with weight though

You may have tight quads, hip flexors and ankles. Or you might have an unstable/weak core and lower back. Make sure you have a tight core, tight glutes. Squeeze those abs and glutes on your way down; you have a buttwink. Looks like you need to work on your ankle mobility as well. Keep your chest up as you go down.

Your form is totally different when you actually squat and hold a barbell on your upper back dipshit.

It's normal that you can't get a straight back when you're squatting like this.

this

Wear heels
Wider stance
Knees forward and out more
Lower bar position to keep mid foot
Follow Chris Duffin's squat queues

third world squats nigga

that is a 3rd world squat

you look like me when I am in a squat. I can't tell from pic but you may have longer legs and a shorter torso. that ratio on a body makes it difficult for squating as the long femur throws off your bodies levers and forces me to have to lean forward more so as not to tip back. or you jjust need to strech your hip flexors

push your knees apart in the bottom. spend at least 10m a day that way. That's what I did, and I am one bendy fucker now. Took a few weeks.It was primarily ankles holding me back, but just hanging out in the position a lot helped.

Barely anyone on Veeky Forums is smart enough to know how torque works fro squatting. This guy -> knows what he's talking about. Follow this advice.

Your ankles clearly arent flexible at all. Work on pushing your knees forward more. Don't go that low if your flexibility doesnt allow it

This. It's all to do with your centre of gravity and maintaing balance. Having a heavy ass weight on your back means you don't need to lean forward as much to keep CoG over your mid foot.

You can train yourself to have a straight back without a barbell but I don't really see the point. That curve in your spine is something a spine is designed to be able to do and because it's not supporting a weight on your shoulders it doesn't need to be neutral. Don't worry about it OP.

Pull the floor apart with your toes, break at your hips and sit back into it while maintaining correct bracing your weight should be distributed evenly across your feet. Do it now.

Nigger his hips arent breaking correctly. You can do that without a weight.

>static image
>hips aren't breaking correctly

What a strange comment.

Agreed.

Because his hips dont rotate correctly and he goes buttwink mode.

Overhead barbell squat using a broom until youre comfortable doing it with a empty barbell (if you want to bb squat)

They are right actually, look at his pelvis tilt (no homo).

OP needs to stretch properly (IE ankles, knees, hips, lumbars) and take it slow.

Also, practice squatting without any weight and your arms crossed behind your back to prevent yourself from arching so much. Stop and hold when you hit parallel, and let your bodyweight work for you.

>Implying butt wink is bad
>Implying Lord Riptits doesn't have butt wink

Try to go slightly below parallel rather than sitting down like that.

Squat plugs

>manlet detected

kek

ankle flexibility looks good
hip flexibility looks ok, maybe do some light stretching or walking lunges to warm up
back flexion not bad, might be tight piriformis

as most anons are saying, your form is probably decent on loaded squat type exercises. Just focus on keeping your back straight, rather than in extension or flexion, and you're gold.

If you're really insecure, post a pic or video of you squatting with weight

>hip flexibility looks ok

No, it doesn't, you useless tripfag. His hips dont roll properly, you can clearly see it in the picture.

I didn't say it was good, I said it was OK, hence why I suggested he do some light hip stretching. People turn up on here with way worse

What's your height?

Ankle mobility

Widen your stance.

yeah if I try to hold a straight back without a barbell I fall on my ass
when I want to just practice mobility without weights I have to hold my hands all the way forward and lean my back forward too

This. If you're not a manlet / > 6'0 and have long femurs, it is the only way

What are some stretches for better squat form?

hip flexor stretch with posterior pelvic tilt
ankle dorsiflexion stretch
piriformis stretch
cossack stretch (pic related)

those are usually what I need

squatting
just squat (without weight) for as long as you comfortably can a few times per day

hamstring and inner thigh mobility

Your stance may be slightly narrow, hard to tell from that pic.

Also are you of Celtic descent? You may have deep hip sockets.

>Also are you of Celtic descent? You may have deep hip sockets.

tell me more

So I don't just look like a jackass when I do a Cossack stretch, duly noted

over head squats m8
you cant do them without having an upright torso. works wonder for warming up if you squat high bar

front squats and constant reposturing.

You need to strengthen your core while increasing upper back strength, remember to squeeze back towards your shoulder blades when posturing up , people get butthurt and think you're puffing your chest out dont pay attention to them.

Tl;dr do front squats at a low weight and focus on form

man I wanna walk like taht all the time but when you're dyel it's kinda stupid-looking, you know, people look at you and think you're trying to look big when really all you're trying to do is have good posture, fug. Might just maintain my shitty posture until I make some gains over this winter bulk then slowly adapt from there, atleast then I'll have actual mass and won't look like an idiot flaunting nothing. I know it sounds stoopid as fuk but it's hard to change.

just fucking do it faggot. good posture is much more important than the looks someone might give you

Wait, what's exactly wrong with his form? How then you should squat?

His back is folding over and causing rounding, opening up your hips usually helps with this (i.e wider stance) you need to be more upright

How's this brehs?

I don't believe you did this without holding on to something

where are you

Widen your stance and push your knees out

approved squat form comrade

m8 why are your feet straight out of a legend of zelda game?

I've been like this for 5 years, i'm about to give up on squats entirely and just do leg presses or smthin

is that one of those portable pull up bars you're holding onto?

One of these.