>2016
>not doing Crossfit
>not being a superior Veeky Forumsizen in stamina, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, power, speed, agility, balance, coordination, and accuracy.

What is your excuse, Veeky Forums?

crossfit stunts your muscle growth

the fuck are they doing

calf-raises

snatches you retard

>What is your excuse Veeky Forums?

CrossFit is absurdly expensive

>Being retarded unironically

Those doctor appointments adding up?

Because crossfit is strongman for bitch niggas who don't wanna lift no heavy ass weight

>What is your excuse, Veeky Forums?

My 'excuse' is that I like bodybuilding, not fitness. Why does this trigger CrossFit people so much? It's two entirely different things.

Why do CrossFit folks somehow assume someone that enjoys the introverted, solo, inward-looking, meditative, disciplined, quasi-artistic-mindset (sculpting), 'sport' (or whatever you want to call it) of bodybuilding would have any interest whatsoever in CrossFit? It is an entirely different thing; they couldn't be more different in my opinion.

It's like they assume we just don't know it exists and they are evangelizing some amazing thing to us.

I don't mind Crossfit because they are exposing the public to olympic lifting. Seems like a good thing to me.

I think the bad programming will start to disappear as unskilled coaches get sued into oblivion.

I'm not saying I hate it or love it or anything; just that it's crazy that they often assume they are introducing some magical new thing to people that automatically they should switch to; especially in the case of bodybuilding enthusiasts.

To be fair though I assume it's a lot of the newcomers to CrossFit that are like this; they are just super amped about finding something they enjoy and want to spread the love so I get it I think.

It is cool introducing weightlifting to a large part of the world that would never know about it though, you're right.

This kek

The bad programming is endemic. The whole model is complex movements at high repetition for time. It is set up to induce fatigue rapidly and make optimal performance of the complex movements difficult and potentially (inevitably) dangerous. Though individual boxes have some independence in their programming ability, they are still brand franchises, and so have to meet a certain centrally-defined measure of 'quality' in their 'product' to keep their brand license, which usually means following the WODs posted to the master site.

Crossfit is cool! I'm just not THAT gay.

Every time someone posts this it's a testiment to the fact the Veeky Forums knows literally nothing. This is a strongman exercise you stupid fucks

>it's not a gym it's a box
>it's not a programme it's a WOD
>kipping isn't cheating
>correct form only slows you down
>'functional'

mark pls go