How much heavier are hard rubber plates than iron plates?

how much heavier are hard rubber plates than iron plates?

(You)

About tree fiddy per

10lb plates = 10lb plates
Rubber just takes up more space cause it's not as dense, like you OP

Same with the 45lbs mong

tree fiddy

Memeing aside, why does iron feel heavier than rubber plates?

because it is heavier in most cases

Depends on the age of the iron plates. They lose weight over time due to corrosion, but rubber plates do not.

The amount lost due to corrosion is negligible

Really? Why fhough? I would think that the Olympic plates I use would be better calibrated, but they feel easier than iron ones.
Probably just psychological

Iron oxide would actually add weights to the plates, extreme microloading

>Take weights to scale
>weigh plates
>no more asking people on the internet why some plates feel heavier than others

c'mon user, it's not this hard. But unless you bought actual calibrated plates, it's a bit of a crapshoot.

The weights are in the gym and I'm not going to carry them to the scale in the locker rooms like a total autist.
I don't really believe they could actually be different, it's probably just in my head. Logically the iron should actually feel lighter as they are narrower,

Well rubber denies gravities forces so it makes the weight lighter. Thats why they are used as bumper pl8s

sorry, I read that as "my olympic plates" so thought they were yours at a home gym.
Yea don't carry them to the locker room.

It's possible that any of the weights are off by a couple of pounds either way, so just try and be consistent with the set you use and you'll be fine.

for some reason when I lift with bumper plates they feel heavier than standard from plates
maybe because they look bigger

Because rubber plates are much easier to grip.

If you drop both from the same height the iron plate will always land first since it weighs more.

That sounds plausible to e

That only works in a vacuum idiot.

Cause the weight is more centered towards you, when its a thick rubber plate its spread over the bar a bit more.

I don't get it

Isn't iron heavier?

Wouldn't OP be dense since he fails to understand that?

and you fell for the b8

seriously though, if rubber is more compressible wouldnt it weigh less?