/plg/ Powerlifting General

Powerlifting General

No talent Chads allowed.
If you lift on easy mode get the FUCK out.
That means you Alex, Phil and Virtus.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dx3pxip0kAI
fb.com/gregory.nuckols/posts/10152033129378779
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for deadlift anxiety

Second for it. I think my deadlift ight have spontaneously fixed itself after todays session (which contained no actual deadlifts) but I won't know until later this week.

>spontaneously fixed itself after todays session (which contained no actual deadlifts)

How would you know it's fixed itself if you did no deadlifts?

>tfw you said you would cut when you hit X but you hit X+5kg after months of grinding and you see theres more potential
>tfw i will never be

Because skipping deadlifts makes you better at deadlifts.

Because I blundered in to understanding why it's fucked now when it never used to be.

Im cutting to about 12% atm. What are some good signs that you're at 12%? I dont think CBT is that reliable and i dont wanna get a DEXA scan so what are some good indicators?

Visible abs?
not being able to pinch skin?

Deadlift date cancelled, just gonna do it on my own. Might go for some heavy singles after working sets.

The bf reading scales are actually pretty accurate for fit individual's between 8 and 25% bf.

I lurked and seen many anons talk about the surprisingly similar results from the 2.

But for me, when i am

GIB NOW I WANT IT

inspired by dreams of lifting heavy weights I put a scoop of protein powder in my whey this morning

who 70g protein breakfast here

>I put a scoop of protein powder in my whey

fuck its supposed to be "in my quark"

I put a scoop of whey in my quark

Damn,I wish we had quark over here

you have up and down quarks already

it is the BEST man

it's basically yoghurt with 22g protein per 100g

tastes like shit in itself but just mix it with some artificial flavouring and it's perfectly fine

wasn't that good with whey in it tho

Just deadlifted 5 plates lad, was literally just on a whim before sheiko sets. A 15 kg stiff bar pb

Sounds like a good practice desu senpai.
I had a dream I killed my brother. Was no so good.
Good job Lad!

its rest day and its raining and windy af

shame because I wanted to go for a hike

Being out in the rain is awesome, unless it's cold enough that you'll just get sick.

Considering i missed this lift at my last meet while using a deadlift bar. To hit it this easily with a stiff bar feels great.

yeah I was out in the rain a couple of weeks back and lesson learned is that I need something more water proof than jeans on my legs for it to be worth it

might swing around the sporting goods store and pick some rain pants up tho

good thing to have

who here has done 5/3/1

is it a meme routine or what

my lifts if it helps
bench 130k
diddly 200k
squart 160k
ohp 80k

24th for leaving humanity behind

It works, but the base routine isn't super great for powerlifting. If you were going to run it I'd say get a copy of Beyond 5/3/1, use a few of things from that (Jokers and something to add more volume) and put together an offseason routine rather than using it for meet prep.

Completely unrelated and probably the wrong place to ask, but does anyone have an idea of how to train for a hummer deadlift with just the basic gym equipment? Beyond just rack pulls.

>crowd cheering everybody on
>all they wanna see is someone blow out their spine or explode their knees

Rack pulls and deadlifts :^)

You could potentially use two landmine things

Tyre deadlift, not car deadlift. The landmine thing doesn't really work for that (and it's a total pain in the arse to work with regardless).

Block pulls with a deadlift bar would probably be as close as you'd reasonably get.

Block pulls with lots of bands

Block pulls with lots of bands attached to the ceiling and chains on the end of the bar

Simply changing my sumo setup made it go up by 30kg for me.

This is interesting.

Fuarking Candytoe

ded thred

No the fucking site is just broken. 0 posts on Veeky Forums in the last few hours.

No idea how such a simple site manages to break so often.

What did you change?

Has anyone tried microloading? 2.5kg jumps seem to be a bit too much (kek) for my bench. Is it just a meme or does it actually help?

I properly hinged at the hips instead of trying hard to pull my hip towards to bar.

Made a huge difference in both how it feels and how strong it is.

lol belt
sumo
sperg looking
lel

thanks friendo

You ever try running a super popular site that no one wants to advertise on?

It's not easy.

It can help eke out linear progression for a while longer but if you get to the point where the only way to add weight with your current training style is to microload, it's time to up the volume and periodize.

Is it because you read my shitposts on r/powerlifting?

Can someone tell me just how good DB Bench is for my chest and gaining strength?

I made the mistake of not benching for a very long time since I can only DB bench at gym but I avoided it and only OHPd.

I realize my mistake after I have almost no chest.

I'll try to LP this twice a week or would 3x be better?

Any tips for best way to rotate my hands?
>hi clifford

No. Some user told me he hinges down before grabbing the bar.
So i tried it and figured out that I have a way better idea setting up this way than setting up while already being bent over and grabbing the bar.

From what I have seen, it must be because when I am bent over grabbing the bar, my hips is already pulled underneath my butt, causing buttwink. When I then pull myself in, I get some external rotation, but the butt keeps being tucked underneath my hips.

Right now I reset after every rep, but I guess I'll eventually have to learn how to hinge from a bent over position.

>lift on easy mode
OK Joe

I microload bench for most women I coach and some men who are deep in the twink bench-hole. For people with lower bench presses a 2.5kg jump can be pretty extreme proportionally.

Nothing wrong with it if you have the fractional plates.

>and some men who are deep in the twink bench-hole
I microloaded my most successful wilks intensity bench cycle. 1.5kg/week

Isley
How's it going dude
What u up to atm

builds mass, but you don't get the form improvement you would get from just regular old bb bench that makes you more efficient

LP on dumbbells is hard, you'll probably need to periodize

rotate to whatever feels comfortable, but I externally rotate a little to protect shoulders (personal choice)

I am so disconnected from Wilks and his current trainees that I completely forgot about the microloading he uses for the intensity cycle. Some people really respond well to that.

Isley how much do you think i could pull in my skills test in a month considering i pulled this on a whim and still did 5x3 at 80% afterwards.

General question, why don't people like deadlifts? They're my favorite thing to do followed by clean & jerks and squat.
Is it just a meme?

They're tough and sometimes they feel inconsistent to the point that 80% feels like 90%..

It's the hardest, I suck at it and I'm a little bitch so I'm constantly scared of a lifelong back injury

Well, if we honest, there are not needed at all when you are trying to bodybuild / becoming aesthetic.

Hey isley next time you go to a powerlifting meet,take a close up shoot of your face while deadlifting.
Then I can die in peace.

is it possible to go too low when foam rolling your lower back?

Well, if we honest that is a moot point since this is plg

Almost No one in PLG dislikes deadlifts.
Just some are good at them and some are not.

I thought you are talking about entire fit.

Speak for yourself. IDGAF about my total, I just want to look awesome wearing a singlet and high socks.

>I just want to look awesome wearing a singlet and high socks.
in a meet or just your bedroom lol
for the former a deadlift is needed regardless of weight lifted

>If you lift on easy mode get the FUCK out.
>That means you Alex, Phil and Virtus.
easy mode?

how about you try actually working hard? phil talks about having to superset already hard sheiko sets because his gym closes, and he cant get to the gym more than 2 hours before closing

i train with phil and can tell you that everyone in his proximity calls him an extremely hard worker who keeps working when it looks like he is about to die. you can see him scream from pain and then execute the next set with good technique

its not genetics, its focus, will and hard work

Obviously in a meet. You need an audience when you strut your stuff.

did my volume work for deadlifts today. felt pretty good, there's this one really jacked russian guy who sometimes workouts at the same time as me and he told me how good my traps looked when i was hitting my deads.

Problem with Veeky Forums is that idiots start to think that they're in good company when in reality, the originators were just making jokes and pretending to be stupid.

You really think that people believe that a certain set of people in this general have it significantly easier than the rest of us? That in reality, we're just lazy in one aspect or another and not dedicated enough/haven't been lifting long enough?

Fuck off.

No one is denying he works hard, but that doesn't mean he isn't talented as well.

Grammar whoops

obviously worthlessbro wrote that op and he whines about it all the time

I can't even tell if people are memeing half the time with all the self-deprecation and blaming genetics.

>who keeps working when it looks like he is about to die.
dont think ive ever seen him like that Tbh

>Problem with Veeky Forums is that idiots start to think that they're in good company when in reality, the originators were just making jokes and pretending to be stupid.
Huge agree on this.

It explains most of /pol/ tBh.

who?

Not me, I think ure lazy xddddd

i can assure you all my self deprecation is heart felt Tbh

pfffttt
i look like that carrying the plates over to the bar

doesnt count

>that op
>genetics memeing
Shit thread

if you dont find 4-5 inch block pulls any easier, and actually may feel harder, than full deads indicating an issue with your deadlift?

I'm 99% sure thats Joe.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dx3pxip0kAI

>tfw you couldnt troll as old man because you cant do any impressive looking oly lifts or backflips

But you're a dead end too
you'll never reach say Bryce or Bodorio's levels of strength with even decades of training and had nothing to do but eat sleep and train every day, soon you'll realize this
You think Bryce squatted 200kg with ZERO programming at 80kg BW after 5 months in the gym because he tried really hard?
You think lotus deadlifted 5 plates the first time he ever deadlifted because he tried really hard?
You think isley hasn't gained any wilks in 2 years after running the most difficult, fatiguing programming for a whole year because he's lazy?
You think Alex got a 240kg squat @ 87kg after running c6w for a few cycles cause he put in more effort?
What's worse than your retardation is that people like Bodorio think they work harder than everybody else and that's why they're stronger lmao
Like dude nobody's denying you work hard, but we do too and we'll never see the numbers you do in our dreams
All of you KYS

Why does Sheiko prescribe dumbell flies literally every day?

because its good for bench

>You think isley hasn't gained any wilks in 2 years after running the most difficult, fatiguing programming for a whole year because he's lazy?
Me and avon tell isley twice a week to stop inflating his maxes and actually do the program. I dont think hes done an ACTUAL sheiko cycle to this day.

No bully intended tho.

Also hes gained a pissening amount on his bench.

It's good both for progression and injury prevention.

any opinions on this lad

>Like dude nobody's denying you work hard but we do too

but I don't, like, at all. I'm not a deadend because of my genetics, im a deadend because I don't care enough. If I actually trained hard and put in actual effort, I'd be way further ahead.

Genetic freaks exist, but you wont find them till you hit the top level of lifting. Anyone can hit a 5 plate squat (bar serious illnesses)

wat
I cant find anywhere on my spreadsheet where it says to do flies

hike was nice even though it rained a lot at the end

some school kids had a field day there, too so I had to go off trail

discovered the biggest deforestation area I've ever seen

Because your not under the under 80kg program.

Yes, surely if isley just didn't inflate his maxes on sheiko he too would be national champion
Thing is if he did follow the program to the T, you people would just blame his lack of progression on something else
Every time isley does something 'correctly' yet still has shit all progress to show for it you guys just find something else to blame it on because you guys can't handle the most important variable in powerlifting, and most sports, is innate ability that you cannot change
If you don't believe some random user like me, take it from this guy
fb.com/gregory.nuckols/posts/10152033129378779

But why not switch it up with incline bench or dumbbell press, why flies every day?

should i add them in?
has made me interested

>If you don't believe some random user like me, take it from this guy
>fb.com/gregory.nuckols/posts/10152033129378779
you are grossly twisting what hes saying

>tfw all I've accomplished this year is becoming Swedish national champion and putting 50kg on my already elite 480 wilks total
>tfw I'm just a weak dead end like all of you

>Anyone can hit a 5 plate squat
[citation needed]

There's a friend of isley's who has been lifting for many years with very good form and good technical knowledge of programming who is stuck around 180kg. Our sample is biased because most sane people would have given up powerlifting by then.

I agree with this. There's a lot of backward reasoning going on here: people start from the conclusion that everyone has a similar level of talent and then fill in any other explanation, no matter how trivial.

Don't you people train in clubs or gyms with other powerlifters? Don't you notice how there are a lot of people who basically do things right but just aren't that good?

t. a talent chad

When I say anyone I really mean males of bodyweight >70kg

I don't believe someone could train /seriously/ for a 5-10 years and not have a 500lb squat

No I'm not
He literally says in one of his articles that if you're not responding well to training the best thing you can do is go back in time and get different parents
>However, once you've tapped out those gains and muscle size becomes the factor bottlenecking progress, low responders start lagging behind. The most effective thing they could do is go back in time and pick better parents.

Do em after bench.

First off, I think they are the reason why my pec tendinitis disappeared when I started with sheiko.
Second, I noticed a surge of progress in my bench this spring when I started adding some weight to them. Keep in mind I had been doing them lightly as rehab my entire first cycle. This cycle I learned the hard way that doing them heavy from the start can lead to some bad times later on.

>But why not switch it up with incline bench or dumbbell press
Incline bench, sure. But when I do incline bench I'd still add flies afterwards.

>DB bench
eh. Thing is, they load the tendon in the same angle as bench, so they have no good purpose.

Nah, its just faux inertia because you are not used to the movement.

Eventually the block pulls will become easier.

Shoulda seen the difference between my first 100% block pulls on sheiko and my latest.

The gains he's referring to are 'noob gains' by the way