I feel nervous/afraid/self-conscious about going to the gym. What do I do?

I feel nervous/afraid/self-conscious about going to the gym. What do I do?

Suck it up and go anyway, faggot.

your not worthy

This.

I promise you literally nobody gives a shit about you or what you are doing at the gym. Everyone is focused on their own shit so don't sweat it famalam.

Literally no one the fuck cares. Trust me. I'm the biggest socially maladjusted autismo around who can't hold a conversation with a wall and I've been hitting the gym for years with absolutely no issues. It's not a social activity and there will always be people with worse form than you. Just do it.

Nah i judge ppl who lift and have no idea what they are doing.

and you dont do that elsewhere?

I put off going to the gym for years cause of this. My friend dragged me along once and I found out it's fine. Been going for years and never been concerned once.

i am afraid of gym too OP but i figured way to make it ok. i go to gym and take huge shit in toilet - sometimes i have to wait and hold it in before i go - but i take a massive shit in the toilet. then i wipe but do not put it in toilet. i wait until it is quite and then leave and do not flush it. i put the dirty toilet paper in the trash can. i then workout in gym because i know it is like a false target for others to focus on the huge unflushed shit and smell of shitty tissue in trash. it may not be best but it makes me feel safe and that they willn't pay attention to me because of shit in there. hope it helps.

Nobody cares about you. People are too focused on their own lifts to pay attention to you.

Unless you're a hot woman in yoga pants doing good mornings.

wat.exe

There are all kinds of people at the gym. Skeletons, roiders, obese people. But most people are slightly chubby. If you're too afraid, just hop on the treadmill the first few days while you get used to it. I used to feel that everyone was looking at me but they just focus on their own exercises

Why self conscious? Out of shape I assume? Not sure about what to do? Don't sweat it. I'm a "regular" and personally... if I see a fatty at the gym consistently making a real effort... I give that DYEL a mental high-five. You're in there improving yourself and starting new habits? Fuck yeah. Do it. It's harder for you to get in there and do it, than it is for me. Ask questions. Watch. It's all good.

Youtube proper form, don't swing the dumbell around using momentum and you'll be fine.

For real the only time I've ever paid attention to anyone else in the gym was because they were wildly flying dumbells around and I found it hilarious.

get a PT session. ask him to teach you form on the major lifts. thats what I did. I saw about 5 other people getting shown about and learning the excercises. nobody looked twice at us

>inb4 PTs are shit

Why is everyone standing around talking and not lifting? Why are there balloons and are they serving cake too?

What the fuck

get over yourself faggot, nobody is there to judge you, they are there to lift like you should be.

Congratulations, you've won the retarded world prize, not even me can compete with this
Son you have a great talent, continue this, you go far in life

I recently started going to the gym, I have to say I don't know why I didn't start earlier.. I guess I felt like you OP.

I'm not the most confident of skeletons but I feel extremely proud in how well I have adjusted, I also don't think I'm the weakest there either!

I had to take like 7 25kg plates off the leg press when there was 2 real hotties my age next to me and then I racked 10kg and 5kg either side.. I thought it was a by embarrassing but fuck it, i done my sets with nice form and will add more next time.

Weird thing was I caught one if them looking at me in the eyes later on and she smiled a little!! What a cutie too.. damn.. even with all them ripped guys walking around and then there's me doing 30kg leg press I still get the girl.

Maybe it's because I have a good face, frame (shoulders esp) and good hair style.

So happy going to the gym nowadays bros!

Forgot to mention I dress well too, yes even in the gym.

dafuq mate

This.

Huge shredded good-looking people are going to stare and laugh at you have fun being judged bro.

keep going, i was the same way. now i just walk in and lift. no one cares that you're there. everyone is doing their own thing, get out of your head

This is one of the most well articulated and subtle baits ive seen

Bump

haha

>Huge shredded good-looking "people" are going to stare and laugh at you have fun being judged bro.

Oh cool you go to usf too?

been going to gym for 20+ years now. i dont give a fuck about you or what you're doing in the gym as long as you aren't bothering me.

100% of everyone else in the gym feels this way too.

yes

oh man i am laffin

I have shit lifts and I mentally judge and laugh at people with shittier lifts, and I fully expect people with better lifts to do so for mine.
It's natural. Ain't no shame in that. Just embrace it.

err...

I was afraid but said fuck it give it a go and the anons are right

Sometimes people will even offer you gentle advice

Top fucking kek

kek

someone screen cap this gem

no

Go to the gym.

yes

save this plz

that made my night, thanks.

USF GYM

I GO THERE

IM AN ASSHOLE AND I GO WITH A RUSSIAN KID

Add me in the screen cap

>Work front desk at shitty local gym
>See a lot of hambests, hightest qts, few prettybigguys and the occasional autist
>A autist in particular has caught my eye
>For some strange reason as soon he enters he runs off into the bathroom like a Japanese cartoon
>Decide to time him one day
>Holy fuck 30min in the restroom
>Have to see whats up
>Open the door and stench of 1000 Auschwitz victims hits my face
>eyebrows literally vaporized
>Try not to gag
>NoGasMask.webm
>Instantly triggered to see shit covered toilet paper over stuffing bathroom trashcan
>What the fuck
>Move in on the origin of the stench
>Massive shit just floating there giving me a cheeky wink
>Oi m8 u cheuky fookn basstard you.
>Pissed and storm out of bathroom to confront autist about his shitscapade
>See him quarter squatting in smith machine with clips on
>Ehh maybe next time

Holy fucking kek

Nobodys autistic enough to use clips on a Smith machine

I look at everybody and judge their form and routine. I watch peoples sets through the many mirrors but only because I have nothing else to do between sets. Don't be that guy that goes to the water fountain after every set.

Grow a sack

Oh hey, that's the campus rec center at the university of South Florida. I went there. Are you a student there, user? The rec center opens at 5 AM I think. If you're really that shy about going, why don't you go early in the day, like before 9 AM? I've lifted at 5:30 before and it's D E A D in there, just a few bleary-eyed dudes starting their shift. You will be almost entirely alone.

20 pullups 70 pushups in a row without stopping

be stronger than 90% of the people at da gym

p-pajeet? is that you my son?

This. I squat lmao sub1pl8 and people stare at me on the squat rack all the time. I know it's not my form because I've spent hours watching and copying squat form videos. I just keep going. Only way I'm gunna make it