Is it possible to make gains on a tight buget Veeky Forums? Do you really need to eat chicken etc everyday?

Is it possible to make gains on a tight buget Veeky Forums? Do you really need to eat chicken etc everyday?

I have 60 dollars left after rent and utilities for food and I live in ontario so food like chicken and beef is expensive

Other urls found in this thread:

myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10530943.html
labdoor.com/rankings/protein
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

60 a month isn't going to get you much in Ontario brah

>tfw spent 67$ yesterday and got milk, 4 chicken breast and 2 frozen pizzas and a carton of eggs

You don't get fuck all here for 60 bucks

Ramen tuna peanut butter oats peanut butter

BEANS

Gross

>myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10530943.html
that's the best price you can get for high quality proteins, it's excellent if you're on a budget

and you're not sacrificing gains at all, all those products are of excellent quality
>labdoor.com/rankings/protein

that's the lowest price you can get per gram of protein

tip: always pic unflavoured

t. myprotein shill

Dude what? Really? Beans are a god-tier food. Lots of fiber, good iron, decent protein plus hella cheap.

My dad grows green and yellow beans and they taste like crap

I've never had yellow beans, but green beans are great. What I'm talking about is:

Black beans
Pinto beans
Navy beans
Kidney beans
Garbanzo beans
Ect.

60 a week is plenty for food

i don't know where do you fuckers live but here it's cheaper to buy chicken and mackerel than buying protein powder

here protein powder is 100 USD, has 40 scoops and you need to eat 3 scoops per day to barely make 60 g of protein

beans are god-tier and excellent sources of fibres and whatnot, but if you're really THAT strict, I'd just follow the whey route >a week
OP implied "a month"...

>it's cheaper to buy chicken and mackerel than buying protein powder
no, it's not
>40
you mean 400

i just searched for the most efficient costly wise and it has 74 scoops and every scoop is 24g of protein

$90 usd

you didn't search well enough and if you're in the US there are even cheaper resellers (for US)

I have 60 for the month

(You)

1 scoop = 120 cents = 24g

1 can of mackerel 300g = 150 cents = 70g of protein

100g of pork chops = 75 cents = 24g of protein

Aye, beans are actual food though and maybe a lot easier to successfully work into a diet than Whey protein purely because of the variety of dishes beans can be cooked into. Not saying you can't cook with Whey, but it might be a lot harder to pull off and stick to than a chicken/bean/rice/veggie heavy diet.

Idk though I've cooked with beans, never with Whey so I could be wrong.

i live in chile btw

>1 scoop = 120 cents
actually, 1 scoop = 0.012 €
>300g of mackerel = 150 cents
what? that's at least 2 €
AT LEAST (for 300g of net product, I'd bet it's 4 €)

(checked)
>chile
well I don't know how's your mackerel market but it's really weird if you can get 300g net mackerel for 150 cents
and even weirder if whey costs x10

Why is there some cunt in Ontario making a thread EVERY FUCKING DAY about how they live in housing they can't afford, they refuse to work more, and need to subsist on one sleeve of saltines a week to avoid crushing debt. Is it a meme? If you literally only have 60 dollars, you need to worry about making some goddamn budget gains first.

Probably because it's so expensive there

>tfw moved to Nebraska because Ontario is so expensive

I have found 300g canned mackerel even for 100 cents

tuna is more costly than mackerel here

but it's really common to see that third worlds countries have cheaper food than first world countries, i have spoken to some colombians and peruvians saying that they could buy food even cheaper than here

and yes, protein powder is costly here, maybe because the gym culture isn't that developed anyway

To live here you have to be wealthy

btw i'm speaking about us cents here

Then you need to live somewhere else. You cannot afford to live in that location.

That 60 dollars left over is after extreme budgeting like stealing napkins and soap etc

also it's 300g net, 450g with the filling liquid

It's the cheapest one I could find

Then get a roommate. Or get another roommate. Live with your parents. Live in shitty part of town. Work more hours. Get a different job. Get a second job. Live in another city.

You have to do something. You can't just scrape by on 15 dollars a week on food while praying that you don't ever have a single unexpected expense for eternity. This is unsustainable.

Ontario is the cheapest place you can find to live?

Iktf OP, I've been literally living off peanut butter sandwiches for 10 days and starting to feel sick

I did that the first week I lived on my own

>tfw I've lost 35 lbs in the 4 months I've lived on my own and not on purpose
>tfw 6'1" 130 lbs because foods too expensive

>1 scoop = 0.012 €
correction, that's the per-gram-of-net-protein
>82 g of proteons each 100 g of product
>(49.49)/(5000/100*82)
one scoop =25 g = 20.5g proteons = 0.2460 €

I've bought some mackerel (there even was an offer on mackerel) and it did cost 1.5 € for each pack, each pack has 90g of net product. Each 100g there are 23.1 g of proteins, so it's ~20.8 g proteons FOR 1.5 €
That's OVER 60 times the price of one scoop

>100 cents
that shouldn't be... $ 1?

I live off of eggs and rice OP it's cheap

Eggs, milk.

Milk is expensive

yes, 100 cents is $ 1 usd lol

mackerels m8

>mackerels

Kek

man the best non-whey food you can get as per protein/price ratio here is greek yogurt
there was this offer on FAGE yogurt today, 0% and 2% fat at 2.3 € for 500 g
for each 100g of product there are 10g of proteons
so that's 50 g proteons ( ~2 scoops, actually a little more than 2 scoops since we're talking of 25g of net broteins) = 1.15 €

chicken tendies? that's at least 5.5 € / kg ( at least 8.4 € / kg if you want some decent product) and it should have like 16g of proteins for 100g of product
So it's at least 0.75 € for ~22g of proteons, but if you don't want shitty products it's more like on-par with greek yogurt (~1.15 €)

>yes, 100 cents
oh ok , so it's pretty much the same price tbqh
1.5 € =~ 150 cent
so the mackerel price is the same, except you get 300g net product and I get 90g
nice

I've just googled quickly and I've found some gold standard whey for $ 49 , 2.2 kg in chile
that's like ~88 scoops
0.556 per scoop
that's twice the price you get here (but hey maybe there are some other sites, I'm not chilean so I can't get most of those pages) but still it seem on par with your mackerel

wisest post yet

greek yogurth is actually pricey as fuck here

like 1 dollar for 10g protein tier

Some people aren't rich and can't get better jobs