Are planks and stomach vaccums, in addition to most big compounds, enough to get good abs?

Are planks and stomach vaccums, in addition to most big compounds, enough to get good abs?

I don't want to do anything that shortens the hip flexors.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N9msEniBkbU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how the fuck do you stomach vacuum? is it just sucking your gut in?

I think he means hollow holds but who knows.

No. It's different than just sucking it in.

> Stand up, and place hands on hips.
> Exhale all air from your lungs.
> Stick your chest out (expand it).
> Push gut in as much as you can
> Hold this position and try not to suffocate

I like cable crunches.

That sounds fucking retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=N9msEniBkbU

If you get your bf % low enough stomach vacuums could be all you need for aesthetic abs. It's all I do for them anymore since I got below 10% bf.

no he means stomach vacuums. Notice how hollow holds are called hollow holds and stomach vacuums and called stomach vacuums.

That's how we know he meant stomach vacuums.

Weighted crunches; pulls and pushes. these will be easiest to do on the lever loaded machines.

L Sit progression is also good for core strength, not for hypertrophy though unless you do these weighted. doable but uncomfortable with plates.

It looks a little creepy in videos, but it's actually a really chill exercise that you can do when out and about, if you're discrete about it.

Most importantly It's one of the only ways to train your transverse abdominals, which are really important for aesthetics

Crunches, hanging leg raises etc. may shorten your hip flexors. Which is harmful for muh aesthetics.

Well fuck you anyway hollow holds are superior.

Is it supposed to feel like you're trying to suffocate?

No shit that comes with pushing air out but wanted to make sure I'm not damaging my internal organs or something.

Yeah, ive did them and it helps with a smaller waist and shit. Not harmful

Amount a day you'd recommend?

>he thinks that your organs will get damaged from sucking in your gut

If that were th case, humans would be extinct long ago.

user you replied to.
I don't disagree about the hip flexors. however, this is largely avoided with regular mobility exercises targeting the waist.

I'm a hypochondriac m8.

Clearly.

You'll be fine. They're a good, simple, easy exercise to add size to abs.

I think you mean the inverse plank

Are you supposed to use your muscles to pull your gut in or suction, from like breathing in with mouth/nose closed

Idk how else to describe it but I feel like they are different