Does Veeky Forums have any stories of addicts/people with drug problems cleaning up and getting shredded?

Does Veeky Forums have any stories of addicts/people with drug problems cleaning up and getting shredded?

I'm a former binge drinker who got Veeky Forums AMA

I dont have access to a gym. Should I just lift cinder-blocks and shit in my garage? I have some 10lb dumbells and thats it. 120lb 6' skele

I did a bodyweight routine for a couple months until I had the money and the balls to join a gym

It's a meme in the recovery community. All these guys with sober time are jacked. Go to some meetings bruv

Why don't you have access to a gym? Is it distance or money? Anyway just lift anything heavy you can get your hands on, better than nothing.

Do pushups.

They're ez mode at this weight.

t. former 6 ft 122lb skelly.

Honestly though, I had to eat 2700+ calories to gain weight. I drink a lot of coffee and my dad was auschwitzmode when he was young too. Now he's 200 lbs so hopefully I don't get fat like him.

famalam i feel you as thats what i had to do as a young teen to lift

take some weights, put in a bucket or backpack, use those, or add those a bar for a barbell

I used to drink daily, smoke, smoke weed, and basically do any kind of drug I could aquire or afford, back in high school.

I've quit some time ago, don't drink anything more than coffee and went from 130 to 165 lbs at 6'1, and still gaining.

Be warned though, it's a long, looong process.

I would focus on getting clean first, then start lifting.
Unless you enjoy lifting, then it might even help with getting clean.

Good luck bro, just be persistent and youll get where you're going.

18 days without a drink

I'm only 22 so it's hard for me to wrap my head around being an alcoholic at such a young age, but if I don't make a conscious effort to stop myself I'll be buying a pint of whiskey at 7 am. Liquor turns me into a werewolf, too. I get really mean and fuck up my car. I've done about 3k worth of damage in the past year. Not saying I'll never drink again, but I'm taking a few months off and going completely sober. It feels good not being hungover when hitting the gym.

i smoke weed twice a day and i'm shredded

I used to occasionally snort heroin, I deadlift 475 atm.

I used to be a heroin addict

>driving drunk
You're the worst kind of person alive. I hope you get killed instead of killing some innocent mother or child or some shit.

It's good that you're having these thoughts now. A helpless alchy would be far up a river called denial

drank myself unconscious every night for years. On 10/1, I'll be 2 years sober.

im pretty swole right now and casually use OC

Height weight lifts?

6'0
195 strict press
255 bench
315 back squat
405 dead lift

I had a friend who got me into lifting when i was 17 and he was 15, he was a fatboi who got fucking yuuuuuuuge, by 16 he was repping 315 on bench and squatting and deading god knows how much. Its been long since then. He was getting trained by proffessional bodybuilders and was prodigy status. Then he got addicted to crack and got a girl pregnant at 18 years old. Idk where he is now but apparently he is getting better even though hes made no gainz since then and is now like 20 or something. Still probably stronger than me though kek. He's a good dude but has no impulse control.

happy foor you mate

thanks mate. the first month sucked dick but once i started sleeping naturally i made some gains, leaned out and got abs.

The loneliness never improved though.

>195 strict press
my dick is rock hard

does being addicted to weed count as an addiction. cause im addicted to weed.

Now you are a steroid addict.
>mfw you just couldnt kick the needle

Fucking faggot.

>being addicted to a non-addictive substance
>being so weak willed you convinced yourself you were addicted because you are too pussy to just put down the bong

You could always kill yourself, faggot.

Don't have a problem and manage to balance things fine with work and lifting.
Too bad life and people are shit or I could just be sober.

3 years ago I was shooting heroin and blacking out for literally months at a time on etizolam binges. Now I'm ripped AF. Not really. But enough to turn heads in a tank top and be top 3 in my gym aesthetically 90% of the time.

>15
>start shooting h
>never get above 110
>20
>quit
>lift w/ fit for three years
>can't ever commit to bulk or diet
>still below 140, at 5'11"
>start eating healthy
>bulk getting momentum
>lifts only 120/150cg/210/295
I didn't make it. Shrug did. but I'm not familiar enough with his story to tell without butchering it

I'm the reverse
I used to be really fit, national athlete, never drink, perfect grades etc. etc. and now I do drugs, weigh 10kg less than I did 2 years ago and am failing.

Used to be a hardcore alcoholic. Wouldn't drive, but I'd drink myself unconscious or go out in public drunk by bus and make a fool of myself. As of today I'm a year sober and I'm in the best shape of my life

Good job.

Binge drinker/cokehead here.

Actually lifting is what made me want to go clean.

There is an ex-Vancouver crack addict in recovery right now. He is running across his country for one reason or another. Oh, and when your country is Canada - that is a 'shredded athlete'.

Brad Firth a.k.a. Caribou Legs. Running hero.

It helped me fill a hole that computer and weed addiction left. I feel way more powerfull, mental and physical. I was always soo lazy... Fucking weed. Now i cant stand to sit aroubd on the couch and do nothing. I have to do something.

There is a place here in NH that is a gym for addicts in recovery. It's CrossFit and lots of people seem to be borderline retarded. But it's positive and keeps them from being junkies on the street so I'm all for it