Keep cutting or Start Bulking?

I'm 5 9', weigh 161

Bench 125 x 5
Squat 155 x 5
OHP 65X5
DL 195 X5

I've been eating on a deficit for 2 months and am down from 175. Should I start eating at a surplus? I don't know which way to go.

start eating so you can stop being so embarrasingly weak

Just maintain to be honest.

Actually just noticed you're a manlet, so you can probably cut down to 150.

Thanks guys

Why is your ohp so low

I'd cut to maybe 140. You still have fairly high bellyfat

Because I'm shitty at following SS and I always half ass my OHP days, honestly

>Those stats
>Seriously considering cutting
You need an actual strength/mass before cutting. If you cut now you're just going to be auschwitzmode

5'7 141

Bench: 125x5
Squat: 215x5
OHP: 80x8
DL: 225x5

Keep cutting or start bulking?

>tfw lower back fat never goes away

>tfw lower back fat never goes away
iktf

How long have you been lifting for?

hold me, user

For a year and half, with 2 month hiatus during summer since Uni's gym closes and 1 month during winter.
I know I should have better stats but I struggle a lot between eating to gain mass, or cutting to stop looking disgusting.

>For a year and half,
O-oh, I'm sorry user, it's okay.
Pls start bulking, you don't even look that fat.
I'm a crossboarder who doesn't really browse Veeky Forums as his main board though.

See I want to have better stats and be stronger, but I have a cruise with my GFs family at New Years and don't want to look fat.

this is you

It's the light. My right arm is actually 100gr heavier than my left arm.

>year and a half
>125x5 bench

fucking kek

That's why I am here asking for advice, nigga.

Bulk you fucking skeleton.

Bulk, definitely

>cutting to stop looking disgusting
This is your problem - it's all in your head. You'd look better if you were bulkier. Your comment about lower back fat shows it, too. You need to stop worrying about fat and get up to at least 165, likely higher.

learn proper form. i can tell from your lifts that youre lifting wrong because there is no reason a male of your size with that much muscle couldnt lift more.

just practice flexing your muscles and your gains and lifts will increase rapidly. learn how to utilize these newb gains before theyre gone

I'm 6 ft and lost 80 pounds but now I need to put on muscle. I'm 160 lbs and read I should be getting 1g of protein for every pound. How the hell do I go about this without going broke or eating 3000+ calories? I don't really want to bulk by calorie loading because I don't like looking fat, I tried for a few weeks and got disgusted at myseld. Pls help, what do I do?

I want to get more muscle. Do I just bite the bullet and get expensive protein shakes?

Whole milk is $2.00-2.25 a gallon.

It's 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass.
A number which you can get from doing any number of body scans or doing one of the online bodyfat calculators.

So you won't have to eat that much unless you're like massive as fuck.

Note
LBM = lean body mass.

GOMAD? Should I do starting strength with it or hit the weights more often? Also drink it on off days too?

Yup, every day.

I also started off malnourished and I'm getting great results from Starting Strength, but that's your decision.

I'd just maintain and lift user, I got like 40 lbs on you, same height, and I'm out of shape as fuck and can lift double most of those.

I wouldn't worry about either, I'd work on your form, maintain, and try to go heavier.

You don't need as much protein as you think. Try and hit 85-130 grams of protein a day and you'll be solid.

Yeah I'm liking it but my body is pretty fucked up so some stuff I cannot do but will make sure to start using some of the machines to improvise

FWIW, I'm 5'7". Before Starting Strength, I was ~148 and had done some iffy lifting for two months, but took 2-3 weeks off immediately before. I'm four weeks in now and weight 166. My lifts have gone *way* up.

bench: 5x147
ohp: 5x97
deadlift: 5x222 (being conservative because of family back problems)
squat: 5x172 (being conservative because of knee problems)

See That looks like Jack skellington mode.

And is two inches shorter.