This is impossible

This is impossible.

I ran 1 mile and walked two more every day, and restricted myself to only eating about 1500-2000 calories a day.

I've only lost two kilos over the course of an entire week.

How the hell do people do this? I hear about people losing 60 pounds in a month.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15615615
dx.doi.org.sci-hub.ac/10.1016/j.jtbi.2004.08.029
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the only people losing 60lb in a month are morbidly obese fucks on juice fasts.

losing 2kg in a week is actually really good. most people lose 1-2lb a week. keep it up bro

Depends user, how fat are you? More body fat + high deficit = insane fat loss.
That's like, 350lb+ people though.
When I was 15 going on 16 I weighed 254 lbs, the first month of my weight loss was 30lbs, and after that it was slower.

2 kilos is a lot in a week man. Losing 60lbs/months is impossible without surgery. You can lose at most 1%BF/week if I'm not mistaken

Three things
Those people who lost WEIGHT were probably fat as fat ass so them losing weight with a heavy and clean diet and lots of daily activity+ exercise is simple if you are in the acceptable bodyfat range it ain't happening.
Secondly, you are nowhere near fit enough and on good enough drugs to outrun your shit diet.
Thirdly you can only mobilize so much actual fat every day.
Find how much bodyfat you have on your body with one of the five bodyfat calculators on line or with a dexa scan or whatever.
Multiply that number by 22 or 31.
That number is how many pure fat calories your body can realistically mobilize and use every day without burning lean bodymass.

So clean up your diet
Get more active(because daily activities burn a hell of a lot more calories then a bit of running or hour in the gym)
Lift or do calisthenics to maintain/build muscle
Drink shitloads of water
Get a good rest

>Find how much bodyfat you have on your body with one of the five bodyfat calculators on line or with a dexa scan or whatever.
>Multiply that number by 22 or 31.
>That number is how many pure fat calories your body can realistically mobilize and use every day without burning lean bodymass.

Source on this? I've been doing cardio to lose weight and I've been wondering what the upper limit is to not burn muscle

piss poor trigger discipline, 0/10 would not gf

Allright. ill keep at it... i am currently 110 kg at 194 cm (6'4)

Thanks guys.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15615615

>runs 1 mile
>walks...

>walks...

>walks...

>thinks he's doing exercise

read the sticky, please. walking isn't an exercise.

walking burns about 100 calories per mile

are you fucking retarded?

>two kilos in a week

too fast m8. Go for one kilo a week tbqh

oh wow. being awake burns about 80 calories per hour. i guess i'll just don't sleep so i will lose weight.

seriously, read the sticky.

2 kilos in a week is solid. 60# in a month is not possible unless you are +500# and losing water weight (food in your get clearing out)

the 100 calories is in addition to your resting metabolic rate you moron. walking is an exercise, just a very low intensity one.

Wait... what do you mean by daily activities, like walk to work instead of driving etc?

ok i'll explain it to you.

losing weight isn't just about burning calories. you need to burn calories fast enough so your body needs to burn fat. if you do very low intensity exercise, your body only rely on your sugar/glycogen storage. then you'll desire sugar and fat to replenish that storage. to actually lose weight you need to alternate high intensity cardio and anaerobic exercise, so you'll need to burn fat, and you'll desire protein instead of sugar and fat, to build up the muscles you're finally using.

First of all, you have that backwards. Explosive/high intensity exercise uses primarily glycogen, while low intensity exercise uses primarily fatty acid oxidation. Second of all, it doesn't matter which fuel your body burns for the exercise, because it will compensate in other areas by using more of the other fuel. That's why low carb diets don't actually produce more fat loss at the same deficit.

That's exactly what you should lose, be patient and stick to your plan, the time will go faster than you think.

2k a week
104k a year

That's like ~200-250 pounds in a year.

2k a week is a fucking ridiculously fast weight loss

2kg is a lot for a fucking week, holy fuck.
2 months at that rate and it will be 16kg
Now stfu and please keep going

Are you actually retarded?

Bro, I walk 10km a day
Really helps with hitting a huge deficit when ur diet is in check. It also doesn't make you hungry unlike other forms of cardio.

This. Walking is the shit especially because it doesn't run the risk of burning lean mass like high intensity cardio does

Is this a bad ass or have I been corrupted by this place?

there's something wrong with you if you think that's not a sweet ass

Maybe it's the way she's standing. Looks flat and square.

Don't make anything stupid like 60lbs a month your goal. You're going to look like complete shit if you lose weight that fast.

>110 kg at 194 cm
Dude, you're not even that fat and at your height you don't have that much to lose. Losing ½kg per week is fine. Start lifting weights to avoid losing muscle and even gain some while you diet. Focus more on guiding your eating and training into something you feel you can follow löng-term

Remember that you don't need to exercise to lose fat, all you need is to be in a deficit and reducing your eating is the easiest way to do that. If you don't like cardio, doing it will just tire you mentally and that'll just make it more likely for you to quit. The most important aspect of your program to lose weight is that will do it. Every program that you won't do is shit, no matter how good they may seem. Cardio is healthy though. If the idea of health benefits motivates you, then keep at it but focus your weight loss efforts on controlling your eating.

Does c25k jogging qualify for high intensity cardio?

>my regimen is working
>this is impossible

I know people like this and they're even more infuriating in person.

What speed are you running/jogging at?

I have no idea. I'm terribe at jogging, I'm only on week 2 of the plan right now, That means 90 seconds of jogging alternated with 2 minutes of walking. I can't do it longer without getting out of breath.

>I've only lost two kilos over the course of an entire week.
That's a lot, you dumbfuck. Anyway, make sure you're getting plenty of fat otherwise that's a recipe for gallstones.
>losing 60 pounds in a month
That's from surgery, medically supervised emergency diet plans for dying fatties, or severe malnutrition diets that can result in permanent organ damage among other problems.

I was going to go through and highlight everyone who said something at. But it was way too much. So basically most of these people are right. A while back I weighed in around 411 pounds and my doctor made itvery clear I needed to lose weight. The first 11 pounds came off pretty much without me trying, but in the last 90 days I've lost about 10 pounds a month.

It's slow man, but it's science. Expending more energy than you take in always ends up in gradual weight loss

5 pounds a week is optimal weight loss you fucking idiot.

Also cardio is for your heart, it barely burns calories and is shit for weight loss. You want to exercise to burn fat, lift some god damn weights. And read the sticky

Maybe its because shes holding a gun?
You sound like a libcuck so i guess its the gun that turns you off.

"A limit on the maximum energy transfer rate from the human fat store in hypophagia is deduced from experimental data of underfed subjects maintaining moderate activity levels and is found to have a value of (290 ± 25) kJ/kg d. A dietary restriction which exceeds the limited capability of the fat store to compensate for the energy deficiency results in an immediate decrease in the fat free mass (FFM). In cases of a less severe dietary deficiency, the FFM will not be depleted."
290 kJ/kg d = 69.31 kcal/kg d = 31.4 kcal/lb d
Remember that the more fat you have, the more you can lose.

STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

Jesus christ I hope this is bait, either way kill yourself

Nothing about what I said was wrong

>5 pounds a week is optimal weight loss
Yea ok

unless you start taking weight loss pills that is normal and as a medical professional i can tell you it is the best way. losing weight too fast can cause a lot of damage on your body.

Wait shit I'm retarded it's 5 a month

read the sticky amirite ;^)

Go on a treadmill and get a baseline.

Y-you can do a 10 minute mile, right user?

The fatter you are, the more you burn. Are you not that fat?

nutritiondata.self.com/tools/calories-burned

>2 kg in one week
That's more than enough, losing more than 4 kg/month is possibly unhealthy unless you have some medical urgent reasons to lose more weight; and you're currently at a rate of about 8 kg/month. We don't know how much you're fat, so we can't find rough numbers for you, albeit is interesting. I can't get how did he reconstruct the formula starting from dx.doi.org.sci-hub.ac/10.1016/j.jtbi.2004.08.029
yep but that's not exactly the proposed formula by that guy

As a general rule of thumb, if you lose too fast you could "bounce back" fast too. Good long-term sustainable commitment and education is more valuable than a single outburst

walking IS a physical exercise for a fatass and for totally untrained people. Many start with long walks and there's nothing wrong with those. Walking for even 10 minutes every couple of hours keeps your metabolism high if you're on a caloric deficit, and it's HIGHLY beneficial for a fat ass.

Unstuck your head from the fucking sticky.

>110 kg and 194 cm
you're not that fat and you are already dropping fat too fast