Anyone else here /paleo/...

Anyone else here /paleo/? After finding out I'm coeliac and lactose intolerant on top of nearly giving myself cancer within my digestive tract from permabulking like a fucking idiot for three years with little to no dietary fiber, I've completely converted and now feel better than ever before. No meme. I was super skeptic about the whole diet but processed foods really are the devil, if it's not naturally available then you probably aren't meant to eat it imo.

Anyways, /paleo/ general

Lol faggot , sucks to suck. Enjoy your meme'd out food religion.

No paleo for me, but I did cut out refined grains from my diet. I just don't see a benefit to cutting out all [whole] grains, and especially beans.

Happy to hear you're feeling better.
What does a normal day look like for you in the dietary sense?

paleo is a meme diet if you follow it strictly, but if you just use it as a general guideline it's pretty good. cutting out ALL dairy, grains and legumes is too extreme and offers no benefits really

>celiac
>eats no fiber
>starts actually eating less like a complete retard
>whoa i feel so much better must be the meme diet
Fucking retards, every time
Same with vegetarians and shit

Gonna try it for a little bit.

My friend has some serious digestive issues and was told by a doctor to go on whole30 for six months. I'm doing it to show my support for him. He's been extremely depressed.

Its pretty cool m8, good on ya. I just like going out with friends drinking and eating bar food so going full palio is tough. Most of my meals end up that way at home though.

I like not managing my macros and working out hard enough where I don't have to worry about.

Whatever makes you feel good user!

What's in that shit fa.m? Looks good.

Enjoy fucking dying dude lmao my diets delicious

I usually start my day with OP pic, coconut milk, mixed berries, apple, seeds and coconut flakes, pretty carb dense and usually quite a bit. I try to kick off my day with fiber generally. Lunch is usually some sort of meat, be it chicken or beef with a hell of a lot of brocolli and a sliced up whole avocado, it's my biggest meal, so I keep it simple. I usually include rice or lentils shortly after with a bit of chicken for my third meal around 5.

Dinner is usually just a salad of some description, say spinach, chickpeas, avocado, walnuts, sauerkraut and beetroot, add chicken or salmon to taste.

I use lots of avocado in my meals as filler, I'm fortunate enough to be upper middle class so my diet doesn't weigh on me so much financially as it would for some people, but organic avocado is fucking expensive as are nuts and berries, espec. goji.

I really advise against any college age paleo dieters trying to go particularly complex. Just stick with broccoli as your main fiber source and use lentils and such as a filler.

Yeah OP here, That's pretty much what I do, except for dairy which I obviously can't have at all. Legumes are pretty cool I guess, if it grows from the ground and doesn't contain gluten I'll probably eat it.

I eat way more fiber and solid food than ever before, I breach 40g of fiber a day comfortably and my energy levels are through the fucking roof. Be as bitter as you want, until you've tried actually eating healthy you won't understand.

>implying paleolithic people would have access to such a wide variety of foods from such wildly different climates, not to mention the modern variants of pretty much every domesticated plant resemble in no way or form their paleolithic counterparts

All these paleo posers, I swear. I only eat the foods that would have been available to people in my area, in the form that they had 2.5 million years ago.

I'm lactose intolerant and I have no problems with cheese and other fermented products. Products with actual milk in them are what give me stomach cramps and terrible digestion

I know you're being ironic but the girl at a paleo cafe I went to last week sneered at me for eating eggs with my salad, she informed me that eggs are not paleo because chickens were yet to be domesticated in the paleolithic era. Asked her if she was worried about being healthy or just role playing as a cave man and she fucked off.

Paleo hipsters are fucking awful.

I have a sensitive digestive tract so I gave it a shot. I still eat gluten free starches like rice and potatoes on occasion but I'm totally gluten and dairy free. Life changing, I feel so much better and look great. It keeps you honest too, no shit food.

Youre probably just not far enough gone in my experience, I used to be like you but right at the end of my rope when I was getting awful cramps etc I couldn't even have milk solids and cream based sauces.

Another thing that rustles my jimmies with these paleo fags is that apparently peanuts are "not paleo" because they have TOXINS OMG. Bullshit, I guarantee you paleolithic peoples did not hesitate to chow down on peanuts as well as any other foods they could find.

Shit man, you're scaring me that my intolerance might get worse. I can't live without cheese and cream. I'm 20, how old are you?

Chickpeas aren't paleo

Hell yeah dude, be flexible with paleo to be honest. Generally if it's not directly poisonous it's okay to eat, free radicals and such are a thing and its worth considering but there's no point letting it control your life to the point where youre depriving yourself of basic foods like Rice because it's got some sort of indirect carcinogen that makes up 0.001% of its genetic structure

lol, I'd love to see also if they eat tomatoes and corn as 90% of today's western population wasn't introduced to them until 500 years ago

20 too dude, 21 next month.

If you catch it now you might get lucky, assess your fiber intake, recc. average is 30g a day, try to cut out milk solids like whey where you can too

This type of shit is why I say never do strict paleo. There's no reason to avoid healthy foods just because they're "legumes."

Cutting out processed foods, grain-heavy diets, and eating more fruits and veggies is great. It should be a guideline, not a bible

>organic avocado
>falling for the organic sham and meme diet
whelp

Hell yeah they aren't and I don't care, it's really just cause of the phytic acid that paleo dieters hate them. Nobody that isn't a poo in loo eats enough lentils for that to be an issue

I have the money for it, there are lab studies that show the nutritional density of organic vs rotational farmed fruit and veg, literally fire up Google scholar right now, we're talking like 30% increases

>organic vs rotational farmed
you don't seem to understand the words you're using yourself mate. Organic farming usually uses crop rotations to replenish the soil in nutriments

> it's really just cause of the phytic acid that paleo dieters hate them.

No, it's because ancient cavemen apparently didn't eat them. The paleo diet doesn't base what's good or bad on what science says is healthy, but on their idea of what a paleolithic humans ate, and then they rationalize why you have to exclude or include foods post hoc. Phytic acid is actually one of the reasons why beans and grains are good for us, but in their desparation to make up a reason for why these foods shouldn't be eaten, they don't bother to mention its anti-cancer and anti-osteoperosis effects.

Youre 100% right im just going full retard cause I'm at gym between sets. I just mean nutrient depletion is pretty common in your average supermarket veg

If you read the thread, we mostly use paleo as a pretty safe guideline, see I realise that militant paleo dieters are retards, just like militant feminists and lefties. It's called moderation. Paleo is just a handy label for my diet, I'm not paleo, I just eat what is scientifically proven to be most healthy for me.

you're quite right actually, just reading about it now. Whelp at least there's some up side to organic farming. I'm usually more concerned about people thinking that its safer because "no chemicals" while organic farmers still use organic pesticides and fertilizers, usually in higher amounts because they can't match the industrial ones, with absolutely no guarantee that they're less dangerous.

>Paleo is just a handy label for my diet

But paleo is a specific diet that you don't eat. Paleo and healthy aren't synonyms. If you told me "I eat paleo" I would assume you don't eat chickpeas or lentils since those aren't part of the paleo diet. If you told me you ate a healthy diet, I would assume you don't eat paleo and that you include legumes in your diet.

I would rather associate myself with the stigma of paleo dieters than with the stigma surrounding "healthy eaters" who usually still eat like fucking trash from my perspective and the perspective of anyone who understands nutrition, that simple dude

>I would rather associate myself with the stigma of paleo dieters than with the stigma surrounding "healthy eaters" who usually still eat like fucking trash

That's how I see paleo dieters though. When I think paleo, I think people eating mostly fatty beef, eggs, and coconut oil, with some vegetables, and eating little or no fruit, no legumes, and no healthy grains.

Well I don't know what my diet is then dude but its way healthier than whatever the fuck paleo is meant to be. I'll write a shitty self help nutrition book on it so then people on the internet can critique that too

I'm a legumey-oato paleo follower. I can't tell people I do paleo but don't want to tell them anything else.

Better than my sister who "basically" vegetarian but with steak 3 times a week

Reading the thread I wonder what is called paleo these days
In my book, paleo is high fat and high protein, everything from animal sources
Also little to no starch
So I'm wondering what the fuck are you guys doing