Go to city centre

>go to city centre
>hot girls from the university everywhere
>hot women in office clothes everywhere
>realise that I went through all of university with no friends or attention from women
>realise I'm 24 and have missed out on all the young people stuff
>feel massively betrayed by society
>decide not to see movie because I'd be giving money to the uber attractive Hollywood people just to see 2018's tv movie

What's the fucking point?

I'm 18
I need to get a social life fucking ASAP
help me Veeky Forums

OP here. When I go outside I see tens of the girl in webm related.

You know you don't have to be in college to score college girls, right?

Make friends.
t. Someone without friends

You need to make friends ASAP or you're fucked.
t. friendless 20 year old at uni

friends offer value to each other by helping in a new skill or sharing similar interests.

you get back what you give to others. focus on what you can do for others (not money or things) but time, advice, shared interests, opinions, introducing them to others, organizing activities etc.

you get back what you put out

is that the daughter from duck dynasty?

as someone who was really bad at making friends and is now slightly better at it. (Also 18, also autistic)

The biggest part about making friends is getting to know people and wanting to get to know people. There's a book called "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie. It was written like 80 years ago, but it is the most helpful shit.

You basically need to know how to talk to people and how to keep a conversation going. People respond to your personal energy so try to develop self confidence and push the dark insecurities down. Making friends takes a lot of work. I stopped playing video games, learned about sports, and started listening to more mainstream music.

You have to be willing to put yourself out there, say hi, and just hope they'll say hi back. Most of the time, when you have a genuine interest in someone, they'll respond well. People love to talk about themselves, so just ask them questions about who they are. Make this as genuine as possible because people can see very clearly someone who's self absorbed and who doesn't truly care.

If you really want to be more social and live a more fulfilling life, you have to take responsibility for the
shit you've done which has lead you to not having a social life. Blaming outside factors or other people will get you nowhere.

Making friends is not that hard most of the time. Find some common interest which gives you a reason to talk to people.
My problem has always been girls. Been turned down so many times now that I just don't try anymore. In general I am a social person and most people like me. But getting a girl interested in me nope. I can't figure it out. Success rate of parties and bars over the last 4 years been 0%. Maybe I should try something else but don't see the chances being higher any other place

Define your own path and don't let society sell you a message for how to live your life. I'm 27 and have done it all, and to be frank am an autist that had to put myself into those situations. Shit doesn't just come to you, you have to go get it.

At the end of it all and now that I am rounding closer to 30, I have become a hermit focusing on carving out my own slice of the pie. Thankfully I had all those experiences that you crave and can say in the end they were just minor experiences compared to the life I intend so lead. Build off of what you have and never be satisfied, because the number one thing that I learned doing all this:

>Don't give a fuck and pursue a passion of your own. If your focused on the girl, or a job that you want for the sake of it, you will not get it. People are attracted to someone that has something more going on in their lives than just what the mainstream considers to be success. So fuck it, learn not to give a fuck and you do you. The rest follows.

im on the same boat with you but 23. I dont fucking know what to do at this point. I did some changes and ask God for help

>academic year starts
>talk up 9-10 people
>10 successes out of 10
>one week passes
>sporadic contact
>a month later
>haven't spoken to any of them in three weeks
>repeat every year for the past 4 years

It feels like such wasted potential every time, but at the same time it doesn't
I don't like anyone I speak with, and despite friends having benefits to them, I can't find it in me to give a fuck for longer than a week

The potential "He might be useful one day" is always overweighted by the "I have to speak to this person whose company I don't enjoy every single day"

I crave the feeling of sociality and friendship, but at the same time I loathe everything it brings with it.
It's a strange feeling.

Fuckin 21 y/o friendless at uni going nowhere fast. Help Veeky Forums the anxiety and depression is really fucking bad.

>I'm 24 and have missed out on all the young people stuff
You do know you're still young enough to get uni age girls right?

Retard. Gonna say this nice and slow.

You. Are. Still. Very. Young.

Don't. Waste. Your. Time. With. This. "I'm." "Old." Shit.

Bright side: some of those 20 year old hotties will turn into fat shrikes by the time they're 30. More of them will turn into pudgy saggy chronically medicated wastes of time by the time they're 40.

It is easy to be hot at 20. By starting late you are going to be able to pick a better trend line. You can select women with partially formed adult personalities at 25 you can work with.

Good luck!

Oh no you missed out on drinking, drama, and some hooking up.

Its mostly regurgitating pop culture shit unless you really find some interesting people, which is possible.

I notice more and more that there are a shitload of people that don't have any social interactions on a daily basis other than talking to cashiers, coworkers, or their professors at school.

Do you guys think people have always been this anti-social or that life is so easy now that you can just live by doing everything from a computer or phone with no need to talk to anyone? This shit is bad lmao, I see posts everyday of how people are anxious about talking to others and will completely avoid it.

>People love to talk about themselves, so just ask them questions about who they are.

I've never understood this. I hate talking about myself.

Fell in with a group of people who, whilst nice guys, were toxic for my social life. I dropped off the face of the Earth to most people because they refused to go out and would rather be NEETS.

Recently made friends with some of the most popular people in my school and now I'm feeling the best I have in years. I'm decently attractive so everyone assumed I had a girlfriend for the year or two I stopped going out. Everyone is chill, and now I go out partying every weekend. Group of chads invited me to work out with them and I impressed them with my lifts. Going out with them this weekend to a party.

Honestly lads, for the first time in a long time, I think I'm gonna make it.

That is so generically normie but on the higher levels of social interaction. I guess some people like that kind of path lol

Good job homie

Iktfb

I bet this would be me if I didn't have roommates for paying off student loans faster and the once a week bars with friends, but even then it's super rare for me to talk to randoms.
>QT grill at my gym who lifts more than me (beginner) asks if I'm done with power Cage - imagine taking her on a date
>Even in my imagination I'm timid and awkward
Haha I'm sure when I hit 1/2/3/4 I'll have self confidence....
If not there's always plan b

mirin hard

>25

Bro I'm 26 and I'm still going out with college girls (as well as "young professionals")

It's actually easier to score with college girls now than it was when I was in college.

don't listen to anyone's bullshit here.

what you need to do is get a fucking job and get basic human interaction experience. the more you attach yourself to a uni mentality the more it shows. i didn't go to any uni and left hs with a small family of friends i still talk to today. i walk downtown or at the center of the city and i too see hotties walk around. but the amount of hotties is so rare. you really think most girls are hot then that is YOUR FAULT for thinking this. and the fact that those women are wearing office attire doesn't mean shit. a lot of them probably make less than $15 an hour anyways. fuck off with this self-masturbation shit.

Apparently everyone replying to you is massively autistic, if I were 18 right now I would use the Internet to just go on dates every day, it used to be weird for awhile but now everyone has or is trying it, even if you have to start with some chubs to get started just do it now or you'll be talking with anonymous e statting closet homos every day for another 10 years. If you're having trouble at school just start the conversation with someone, it's not hard and most people are probably more nervous than you, teen/early 20 year olds seem to be a bunch nervous wrecks and really are not hard to speak with, good luck have fun

How do you meet them?

That's because you have low self-esteem

Tinder, clubs, at the beach, at the grocery store (shoppers, not employees. It's shitty to hit on a girl at work). It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Additionally, being white helps. All these Latina bitches in south Florida are hung up on white guys.

The last few months of being friends with NEETs made me realise how much I just wanted to be more normal, so I decided to just say fuck it and start being friendlier and more confident. Feel a lot better for it now.

Now my NEET friends don't like me though, because they think I think I'm too good for them. Im not going to let them drag me back down though.

Thanks user

>Now my NEET friends don't like me though, because they think I think I'm too good for them. Im not going to let them drag me back down though.
your fault. you act different and you expect them to act different.

I wish I could do that, just start a conversation with a random at a grocery store, but all I'd be thinking is, "she doesn't want to talk to me I'll just be annoying her"
Then my lack of confidence would show subconsciously and it would come true

Small talk is a skill that takes practice.

I was shit at it in high school, but working at customer service jobs helped me quite a bit, along with learning how to network, and now I'm much better at it.

Besides, the worst that can happen is you get shot down. The best way to avoid that is to strike up a convo with a girl you notice is checking you out.

Also

these guys get it

this. also failed small talk is not always your fault. in my early 20s i still experience negative interactions with female peers because they think i'm trying to flex on them or hit on them in some way when i'm simply asking them a genuine question. oh but then i talk to girls older than me and there is no issues at all.

I'm a HS senior (18) im gonna start uni next year
I'm gonna be commuting tho (probs Montclair state university in new Jersey)
How do I not have a dead social life
I don't wanna enter my 30s bitter about missing out on being young I already missed out enough as a teen
Pls help

You don't need to give up your hobbies to make freinds
Just don't tell stacy about your fucking 3ds games

>How do I not have a dead social life

Live in the dorms your freshman year

Parents won't pay for dorms when the school is super close
Won't let me pay for it myself either

Then you'll have to make extra effort to go to social events and join on-campus orgs

just leave and start working a job. make money. live.

This happens to me too. This is the way life is, we are all alone and the only people we can truly depend on are our kin if you are lucky. Blood relations trump everything else.

Personally I don't really have anyone to speak with or depend on. However, I sustain my dream with sheer effort and it sustains me.

Or enlist and then go to school afterwards

I wish I had did a stint in the Navy

and end up back at your parent's house, unhappy, with entry level job opportunities and barely enough to move out on your own. repeat.

>how to be a kiss ass and dick suck people

society didn't betray you

you just disengaged from society.

how do you opt out of playing the game, but then had the audacity to turn around and ask where your winners prize is.

I mean, you get free school and a living stipend while you're in school afterwards

Im you OP but im 27, I've missed out on all the shit young people do, I've never been in a relationship and it feels like im still trapped in a teen mentality because I've never got to experience what its like to be with a women or to do all the fun things you would do when have a social life.

>The potential "He might be useful one day" is always overweighted by the "I have to speak to this person whose company I don't enjoy every single day"
Fuck man, feels good to have someone else feel the same way.

Ok Guys who want to break out of your social cage. Do this.

1. Get a job that forces you to talk to people. Doesn't matter what, waiting tables, bartending, cold calling, retail selling (Coach Bags, Sunglasses Hut, etc. not Wal-Mart electronics section) you have underdeveloped social skills and being in an environment where you are forced to learn them will help.

2. What will also help is being around the people who naturally gravitate to those jobs. These were the 'cool' kids in high school and college. They talk and gossip a lot. Some are rad some are tits.

OP, it is not too late for you. Do this, force yourself out of your comfort zone.

>tfw 24 almost 25 years old
>kissless virgin who has never been on a date or has even attempted to ask a girl out
>also very weird looking and ugly

>high school came and i had no friends
>being friendless in high school made me increasingly bitter angry and miserable as well as not learning how to socialize with people my age
>when college came, the years of social isolation meant that I had no idea how to socialize with these people in my dorm and job and campus and all that and honestly didn't really try that much and would only have roommates as my "friends"
>would be bitter as fuck seeing how much fun people had in college and all the girls who literally never even looked at me as well as missing all the opportunities everyone else had
>have the social life experiences of a 10 year old
>now out of college for a few years and make no attempt at all to socialize because i'm so broken and at the end of my rope
>have no ambition or motivation to do anything at all besides my entry level job because what's the point if i'm always going to be a complete loser

sigh guys

>Recently made friends with some of the most popular people in my school and now I'm feeling the best I have in years. I'm decently attractive so everyone assumed I had a girlfriend for the year or two I stopped going out. Everyone is chill, and now I go out partying every weekend. Group of chads invited me to work out with them and I impressed them with my lifts. Going out with them this weekend to a party.
>Honestly lads, for the first time in a long time, I think I'm gonna make it.
This happened to me at the very end of college and I direly regretted not being more confident earlier. Go for it, lads. The chads and popular kids are down to hang out with you if you're a genuinely interesting guy and aren't creepy (I hate that term, but it works here) with their female friends. The fact that you're here means that you're likely attractive and smart enough.

I agree that NEETs are boring as hell. Hanging out with strange kids is fun too, though. The best social situations I've had are those where I hang out a couple quirky social circles and also spend time with the stereotypical "popular kids".

I'm 24 and fucked a just-18 slut that I picked up from the gym. So - it's not impossible. Just more difficult. I'd swing for Tinder.

Yeah you'll get more looks if you show of your muscles in clothing desu, I see a ton of lifters wear thin/tight hoodies in the winter to show off upper body so wearing shit like that will get you attention from women

I made some friends in business school 1st year, just because there were a lot of friendly people in my class and I kept ending up sitting near them and they talked to me. and we studied together.
Then I switched major and uni to CS but had to go to another town since I changed too late and couldnt get in the one in my city, made a handful of friends there, who I never talked to again when I switched to the one in town the next year, which was this last one.
This last year I talked to 0 people in my class, didnt study and I failed 6 out of the 8 exams I had.
So a week ago I decided uni wasnt for me and quit, looking for a job. Maybe found a part time job, the first interview went well now I gotta ace the second one.
I'm slowly getting away from my highschool friends as well, I havent even told them I quit uni, they're all getting their degrees these days

Before high school is a little early to drop out of all social interactions. There's no advice to give you if we don't know why you won't socialize since you were fucking 10.