Half of the posts on this thread are ignored

because users post numbers using the metric system. srsly wtf senpai? Can we all just agree to post in pounds instead of kilos? I know euro fags understand pounds but ameriqueers have no fucking clue what is going on.

Veeky Forums is use pounds (LBS) only from now on kthnxbye

Best thread in literally tens of years

t.newfag

Exactly, the rest of the world is too dumb to use imperial. That's why they use the vassal system.

okay okay okay

how about this

how about

how about we use the measurement system

of all the countries

that have ever sent someone to the moon?

it's a big achievement and I think it's a good milestone for a civilization

they used metrics in NASA

> fattest country on the planet
> tries to go somewhere with less gravity

I'm up in Canada, most of our gyms use pounds

You say you beat the Russians to the moon, but I say you starved your children to do it.

>muh welfare

One rocket launch is worth a billion lives

>Not using the superior system of Stone

ISHYGDDT

same, we use pounds here in alberta

kek

You say all men are equal, all men are brothers. So why are the rich more equal than others?

Most Europeans haven't got the slightest clue how much a pound is. I always thought Americans can into kilograms though?

based liberia

i always just double lbs to get the gist of what were talking about in kilos. its fairly inaccurate

That's because it's the other way around user

>welp

Actually, this is why we measure weights in lmaopl8s, as that's a universal weight. Masterrace Americans can convert that to pounds, and Yuropfags can convent it into whatever faggot units they want.

do you really literally unironically think your scientists used the imperial system in the Apollo systems?

They've used both throughout the years. There was a story awhile back about how they lost a probe because of an incorrect conversion in some critical measurement.

Amerisharts BTFO

'no'

You're a pretty fucking stupid cunt you know? The Uk and Canada don't use fucking metric. Canada isn't a communist, European, liberal atheist country WE USE THE BRITISH IMPERIAL SYSTEM NOT THE FRENCH KEK MUSLIM COMMUNIST ATHEIST SYSTEM OKAY?!!!?!?L

They did though. Later on when they started collaborating more with Europeans they started using metric

I'm sure this is bait, but I have to AutoCAD in the imperial system. Not only is the method of data entry retarded - shit like 12'1-1/2, I also have to deal with calculations like 9' 1 13/16'' + 12' 1 3/4'' - 1' 3 1/2'', turning what is LITERALLY the easiest form of arithmetic into five lines of conversion between fractions.

It is without a doubt completely fucking idiotic, and that's not even mentioning how fucking stupid you have to be to have both solid and fluid ounces.

10/10 bait kys my man

you have me confused with someone else my man, I don't say any of that gay hippy shit

Imperial system for cock measurements at least?

Yes, lets compensate for the retards of the world.
>pic related

Not to mention, Imperial makes NO fucking sense at all, hence why metric is adopted everywhere except for BURGERLAND.

You guys have a knack for making your lives more difficult than they need to be.

/thread
>amerifats on suicide watch

1 kilo ~=~ 2.2 lubs
there ya go

Legion We Are the Kingdom We are the Power the people are the glory forever . The earth she is awaking

Thanks, now how much is a plate? In my gym there are plates of different weights so I always wonder when someone says they lift x plates.

plates are 45lbs/20kilos
>moving on

I'm a metricfag but I'm used to lbs and american memetic way to measure shit, it all became considerably easier when I realize lbs = kgx2.2 and vise-versa

a "plate" in lifting terms varies slightly depending on whether metric or imperial plates are being used, and refers to the number of the largest plates in a typical commercial gym (20kg (44lbs) if metric and 45lbs (20.4545...kg) if imperial).

Metric:
1pl8 - 60kg
2pl8 - 100kg
3pl8 - 140kg
4pl8 - 180kg
etc
Imperial:
1pl8 - 135lbs
2pl8 - 225lbs
3pl8 - 315lbs
4pl8 - 405lbs

Thanks