/plg/ - powerlifting general

/plg/- Powerlifting general.

>old op edition

Post PR's, routines, form checks, meet results, schmexy lifts, etc. No Dubs or gets allowed. Supermong and Sean pls go.

Remember OHP is not IPF approved, and long femurs are the underactive thyroid of lifting

>Vital Statistics Unit - /plg/ Census 2014
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eleKMNJv_CbQkw0MyzZvJo7gxOlhPjzEyKSJdc3Iigo/edit?usp=sharing

>ALL TIME RAW WORLD RECORDS (natty or not)
Men: powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/world
Women: powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/women-world

>The official pastebin
pastebin.com/99cMvaQh (embed)

>The new dropbox - Veeky Forums information repository
>now partially rebuilt
pastebin.com/RiXEg5L1 (embed)

>dropbox mirror
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Vyec-yHY6DYmNiMkg1dlZIelU&usp=sharing

>What is depthprivilege?
youtu.be/XpgmQmdMfe0

>How to deadlift by Mark Rippetoe
youtu.be/tfYez7-h55c

>How to setup for the deadlift by JL Holdsworth
youtu.be/hlBMGsRly1c

>How to sumo deadlift by Ben Rice
youtu.be/_5tQpNoSiKU

>How to lowbar squat by Alastair MacNicol
youtu.be/RMFHgVN_pcg

>How to set WRs by C. Lutz
youtu.be/e-ORhEE9VVg

>How to build a big bench by C. Lutz
youtu.be/XrVZqPkgdXo

>How to bench press by PTW
youtu.be/_V189hK85BI

>How to OHP with Dan Green
youtu.be/f3EuCSe7pUA

>Trips PRs Pastebin
pastebin.com/2VTGQFN3 (embed)

>/plg/ atlas
zeemaps.com/map?group=1252009&location=United States&add=

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wmq6WIEV9e4
youtube.com/watch?v=Wmq6WIEV9e4&feature=youtu.be
youtu.be/Dt3jb3yGNL0
youtube.com/watch?v=VcEsmhVag1c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>bodorio id two casual years of some kungfu shit and threatens other users who weight less than him on here with it (no reallly he unironically has)
>virtus did six fucking years of serious taekwondo and has never threatened or even brought it up before

like really bodorio? i think i know who gets my vote

>tfw blizzard cucked you out of your teenage years
wtf i hate mmos now

Did you never once think, "hmm sitting in a chair all day and eating pizza pockets and pop tarts and assorted shit isn't what my body was built to do?"

you desperately need a real hobby sean

>tfw anxiety ruined everything
Wtf I hate life now

>make a post
>get called Sean

is there any better wake up call that I need to fix my life?

no

I'm actually kidding though, I cucked myself by playing instruments and being an artfag Tbh

SHOULDER PAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

>tfw you played football (not handegg) as a teen and have nothing to show for it because of a slippery rock

what did you mean by this

Reply to this post if you were one of many who were called Sean last thread

X

Hurt my knee and lost all athleticism. Might as well have stayed at home playing WoW, the end result was the same.

So if Rocco, Phil, and Alex are getting a huge advantage from their athletic background, is it permanent?

Do they just get a boost at first, then we previously sedentary losers eventually catch up? Or does that gpp (maybe specifically during developmental years) help forever?

Does that mean novices should try to get done sort of athletic base while they are starting/before they start training?

Wasn't specifically called out, but it was coming. Ty bump limit

me

You are literally fucked because you didn't have optimal endocrinal and skeletal development growing up.
I did too play football (yuropoor version) and did karate until I was about 13, didn't do much Tbh, wasted my early teens on WoW, then my late teens on weed, drinking, art and music.

check

>yuropoor version
thats where you fucking up, prancing around on grass like a diva for 60 minutes isnt gonna do anything for you except develop a nice hungry skeleton physique

I was a mediocre swimmer in high school and even 5 years later when I started lifting I could bench 70kgs for 5x5 tng and pull 100kg 1x5 on day 1 even though I had no physical activity for like 5 years. I wasted way too much time cutting for muh abs and had shitty progress at first. Since I started bulking though my progress has been pretty good. I think if I had stuck with swimming my starting point would have been much better.

> mfw gym closed men's locker rooms for maintaince
> mfw in girls restroom

why are you shitting on the wall

What athletic background?

I rowed in high school and had barely any gains but was very lean at 180 lbs... Now I'm 220 and less lean but a lot stronger

Gotta confuse the rectum right babe?

user who hurt his knee here. I played mostly defender, and I had decent legs and ass (got regular compliments from girls) when I played. I imagine it would have decent carry-over to dead and squat if I hadn't hurt myself. The games are 90 min btw.

I really doubt isley would be that lean at 120 desu

only one way to find out

If his bench went up 30+ kg bulking from 93 to 105, than it should go up at least 30 more bulking from 105 to 120 and beyond

>see "acbraith" post on a hannahchan IG video
>check him out
>it's pas and he's still weak af

he's like a mini Isley.

How tf does she gave 3335 followers

because shes a powerlifter.. btw shes a girl xDDD who lifts XDDD

I'm pretty sure he's has tried EVERY trick in the book to cure his valgus, as has most every squatter with significant valgus.

>tfw never braced core when doing squats and now my lower back feels odd
Welp. Guess I learned...gonna have to work on keeping lower back neutral

I just wanna hear what he thinks.

Ever considered your hamstring mobility could be a factor?

I have considered it. And embarked on a program of doing band work to strengthen it.

Nothing much changed. But you know what, I'll try again.

have you ever done the thing where you put bands around your knees and squat like that

Had the vagus ever actually hurt you?

TSA plugged her

She's not even strong it looks like? Big Aaron's qt ex is way stronger

Valgus you stupid fuck, not vagus, lurk more you fucking plebeian noob shit

steroid man

The adductor magnus is a huge and very powerful muscle.
The glute medius is very small in comparison.
Luckily the upper fibers of the glute maximus aid in hip abduction too.
Besides band work, unilateral exercises work the hip abductors well too.
One exercise that also helps prevent shin splints is to step on a platform with one leg, and hold a heavy kettlebell or weight with ther free hanging foot, while making sure to keep the hips even.
Side lying hip abductions (only feet and arm touch ground) look easy, but are really hard on the hip abductors.

realistically, how different do you think your size and strength would be right now if you had never taken exogenous test?

pls try to be objective

*RTS

Lol, yeah, that

I'd probably weigh 3pl8 with 2/3/4 numbers

Meant to quote

Yes

You mean RTS

Well she's okay for a junior girl. Won her class I think but she's basically me tier

Yeah twice. Well once. But I aggravated it again. Hurt my hip flexor.

>than it should go up at least 30 more bulking from 105 to 120 and beyond
benching 180 would make it fully worthwhile...

really though, do you have any guess on how your strength and size would be different currently? Obviously it's just speculation but humor me

also how much did you weigh before lifting?

>basically me tier
Yeah, minus any reasonably sized talent pool

give me some steroids, steroid man

I feel like girls are able to hit reasonable numbers for their weight classes quicker than guys are, but then it's a huge grind to improve from their.

>from their
>their

holy fuck look at this idiot, lol opinion discarded

I dropped 205 lbs on the bench to one side to unload the bar on a failed last rep. Wrist hurts in certain positions. No noise or cracks. Should I get it checked out? Just deadlifted 315 overhand for 2 reps. Left wrist is the one that hurts. No physical abnormalities...

Maybe? My hammies are really weak.

Also now that you're fat your wilks wouldn't suffer too much

Just take it easy and ice it. Use some wrist wraps if you have them. Does compressive force hurt?

bumping this

Candito is a fucking moron, he'll never win a championship again, not because of his genetics which hold 99.99999% of otherpeople back, no not that, its because hes a fucking moron, thats why he will never win a championship again

Wtf I was waiting in the last thread for an hour for you guys to post

Wtf I hate you all now

Why, just because of his diet?

No not diet, just because hes stupid

Why is he stronger than you then?

>Does that mean novices should try to get done sort of athletic base while they are starting/before they start training?
People wiser than myself seem to think so. The Chinese (and Russians?) prescribe different kinds of sports to kids/future lifters, IIRC. Holistic/general development before specific development.

Buda posted some stuff about this as well, and not too long ago either. You could probably find it in the archive.

because of his genetics you fucking idiot i just told you
Candito unironically flunked out of high school and he was taking remedial classes
Kid unironically has a learning disability and id estimate he has an IQ of around 70

I think this is Sean and you admitted you're weaker than a guy who barely benched 3pl8

candito has a higher wilks than anyone in PLG

Just carried dendi in a bout of d o t a 2, feels like my lifting will improve thanks to this.

He still admitted he has a sub 3pl8 bench

Candito benches 350lbs

no

his best is 340 and he's about to hit a peak 350 for nationals

youtube.com/watch?v=Wmq6WIEV9e4

nice vid of big pr like rate subscribe message me ifyou are interest in hooking up with me so i can plow ur twink butt????

This was just posted in /owg/...

What the fuck is wrong with this kid???¿¿¿???¿¿¿

youtu.be/Dt3jb3yGNL0

...................... What the fuck?

>unironically using a knee angle that is 100 degrees

It only hurts in a position like one of racking a front squat or clean on the shoulders, I.e. backwards. Was able to deadlift mixed grip with it underhand for 2 reps.

Will take it easy but the website I read psyched me out telling me that sprains could lead to arthritis, but it doesn't hurt too bad.

JUST ASK FOR A SPOTTER THE DROP OF SHAME WILL FUCK UP YOUR WRIST!!!

nice try kid but i cdould kick and eat your twink ass without even trying

pic is me

McDonalds is actually really expensive in Norway.

> tfw first SS workout so far that didn't go as planned
However, my squats were fine. Bench was almost good but I should have rested another minute.

is that bodorio

you could but you're ugly af with that belly and utter lack of definition

yeah nice try fucker i just squat 306kg hgih bar and ate your moms ass after LOL
no it's me you twink now bring that ass over here hehe

anyone have the video of that guy squatting?

how long have you been training?

you should lower your starting weights if you're near failure your first workout

I'll give succ to anyone who can provide high quality pictures of ocdbro stat

youtube.com/watch?v=VcEsmhVag1c
no but

i heard he was towards the end fo this video