QTDDTOT

you know the deal

>usually able to do 135lbs for OHP
>45lb bar and one plate on each side
>load up 115lbs on a 15 lb bar for a total of 130lbs
>can't even clean it onto my chest
what the fuck is this shit, it's 5lbs lighter, how is it possible that I can't even lift it up to my chest let alone OHP with it

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/6-day-powerbuilding-split-meal-plan
muscleandstrength.com/exercises/machine-lateral-raise.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

off day? not enough energy/havent been eating enough? sounds weird lol

how does 25/25/50 sound for a bulk? this is my first time trying to properly diet

Had to show off and be He Man at work today, pulled a wagon with almost 6 tons of hay on it 30 feet through a muddy field to prove that I could.

Now I have a terrible pain in my lower gut, particularly when pissing and drinking. What's the most likely thing I fucked up and can I ignore it until it goes away or is this most likely a doctor problem.

To be more specific, it runs straight up from my waste to just below my belly button.

If you tried doing a proper clean with it, you might just not be used to the movement. It's different than most compounds in that it requires an explosive burst at the start. Meaning that you can grind out bench/ohp/squat/deadlift even if you're struggling but if you don't have that energetic start to a clean, it'll fail outright.

could be a hernia. get it checked out to be safe

yeah I dunno, haven't been getting a good amount of sleep I guess, hopefully back to normal next week

probably a hernia my dude

I've been told that I can eat rolled oats raw. Can anyone here confirm that? And if it is true, why do we bother cooking porridge if just oats with milk poured onto it has exactly the same macros?

My office is really cold. Will I burn off extra calories if I don't wear a jacket?

Negligible

>why do we bother cooking porridge
Taste, texture, it's nice warm.

>I've been told that I can eat rolled oats raw
You can, toss it with some dried fruit and nuts with yoghurt. You could do 'over night oats' or use it for baking.

this question doesn't even belong in a QTDDTOT, it's too fucking stupid. some people prefer soft, creamy oats over woody fucking oats? eat it however you like you fucking tard

because they're really tough and not as tasty
2 min microwave ezpz

Yes, but probably not enough to matter.

When I was at 10% bf @ 68KG I had no visable abs not even a chest indent, does this mean that I was measuring my body fat wrong? (I was using calipers) Have been bulking for about 2 months now and I am at 13% bf @ 72KG (5'11)

>doubledoubletrips

center or side? if not a hernia, you could have just strained your hip flexors(front/side), or abs (front)

68kg at that height is very light, you may very well have not developed enough core muscle mass for abs (giving you a skinny look).

Chances are also high that the caliper % isn't accurate, it's not great at getting the % spot on. Rather, good for tracking progress and changes. For example, my calipers tell me I'm 11% body fat, but that's quite clearly 2-3% too low.

>5'11 68kg
>no visible abs
I'm at 5'10 same weight and have visible abs
meby you're not hitting abs enuff

I know that "abs are made in the kitchen" but I saw a significant difference when I incorporated some flutter kicks n weighted incline situps into my routine

I want to split my full body daily routine (squat var, press var, hams acc, upper back acc) in two session (morning/night), how would you do it?

Lower/upper or push / pull is the most common way to split workouts.

Dont know if i should post this in this thread but whatever.
Ex fat fuck here. Im 5'10, and currently weight 169 lbs, should i start bulking?
I've been permacutting since february, when i was at 194 lbs.
On my heaviest a few years ago i was 280 lbs, sadly i dont have any Pictures.
I dont know my bf %.

Doing Canditos Linear progression program, have any of you guys done/are doing the program and what do you think of it ?

Side Picture.

I'd say cut down to 160 maybe 155 and then start bulking

Congrats on the progress user. Still a bit too soon to bulk, you have noticeable fat around the waist and I'd put you above 15% still.

Keep cutting, then look into reverse dieting.

How do I go to sleep hungry?

>upper/lower
alright, but what should i do in the morning?

Doesn't matter.

If it's a problem, reshuffle when you eat so you aren't hungry when you go to bed.

Personally I would say to keep cutting until you're about 10-15% bf, but I'm just a DYEL myself so take what I say with a pinch of salt

Keep asking this...

How the fuck do I increase my vertical jump

Thanks guys.
At least i went from a 39" waist to 29" and look good on clothes now.
These last few pounds will suck to get rid of, but it will be worth it.

Front, about two inches left of center. I don't think it's a hernia cause I didn't feel anything until a few hours later, but it's a hell of a lot worse than any sore muscles I've ever felt.

I guess on the chance that it could be a hernia I'll see a doctor if it still bothers me on Monday.

Just shoot for 0.8g/lb BW protein. Don't sweat the rest too much.

squats helped me out

also there's some shit people do with resistance bands, I dunno how they attach em or anything but basically they put em on and jump and the bands provide resistance, I've seen people attach said bands to squat bar as well with weight on it and squat, that seems strange though as you could just add more weight instead

alright, thanks man

can anyone redpill me on Isolate Protein?

picked up pic related by mistake thinking it was regular whey protein, and im afraid to take it because i think it may lead to adverse effects when taken in combination with the remaining bit of regular vanilla whey protein i have laying around...

>These last few pounds will suck to get rid of, but it will be worth it.
I'm in the same boat. Thought my cut would be ending now but I've still got a little more to go. Grats on the progress and good luck on the next step.

bad advice.

Diets of 40% fat have a correlation to higher testosterone and performance.

Watch scooby's vid on youtube.

Spoiler alert: It's all good.

Jump vertically for reps and progressively increase how high you're jumping for those reps.

>how do I increase my x

Do X

And low fat diets are correlated with better body composition, lower cholesterol, better cardiovascular health etc.

The answer is always eat everything in moderation. There's no fancy meme diet that magically makes you perform like you're on gear.

squats
deads
single leg squats

focus on velocity based training, weight is secondary.

Isolate is just a "purer" form of whey protein. Fewer carbs. Totally fine. I used to use Body Fortress when it was $22 for a 2lb tub on amazon, but the price shot up and I heard they changed the formula and now has soy. Double check the label for soy. Even if it has it, one tub will be fine, but don't make it your regular proton powder.

I don't think it says whey on that.

You are getting caught up in negligible minutia.

If you aren't nailing your adherance, caloric and protein requirements nothing else matters.

Focus on the bigger picture stuff first.

>a correlation
Oooh. I was simply trying to not create another OCD victim worrying about a gram of fat here and there. Besides, don't people just "end up" eating around 40-50% fat even if they're not trying? I know I do, by looking at my MFP diary.

My fat macro sits around 20% personally. I find it hard to find fats that I can eat in high quantities that don't give me acne. Peanuts give me chest and back acne, milk and eggs give me face acne.

But you deliberately eat a diet low in fats, is my point. And I'm sorry, btw. That sucks. Hope you eat meat.

fatty meat and avocado here

I'm focusing on eating 100% clean and high protein since I'm on a fairly drastic cut right now. The only meat I eat is about 350 grams of chicken breast a day and that's not doing me much of a favour in terms of fat.

If you have suggestions I'm all ears, I was just going to add bacon to my eggs for breakfast when I finish my cut. Most good meat in ausfagland is expensive. My best option is probably chicken wings but they're a pain when it comes to counting macros.

>ausfagland
Our country is awesome you fuck.

Beef/Pork mince is cheap and high fat.

Avocados are a good source of fats in Aus. You can get 3 for $5 and eating 1/2 a day gives you 100 cals and lasts a week.

Do you lose strength if you quit creatine?
I'm starting a cut and have read that creatine has no sense in that case

Is this a good PPL routine?
muscleandstrength.com/workouts/6-day-powerbuilding-split-meal-plan

I never eat mince because I'd have to eat retarded amounts of it to hit the 90ish grams of protein I get from chicken. How do you prepare it? I never liked avocados but I suppose it's worth a try.

Yeah. But it's tough to tell how much because the gains from creatine aren't a known quantity. Studies show it works, but it differs too much person to person to give you a number.

Try avocado oil.

It's okay but you'll wanna go easy on the accessories and do at least 2 lat exercises on pull days, either pull ups or pulldowns

Doesn't look terrible, just make sure you are increasing the weights on it.

Personally I like /u/awinnarisyou 's push pull legs. Coolcicada is also popular but you will want to program in some deloads / rests.

>How do you prepare it?
Spag Bol, burgers, asian dumplings.

The mince has higher fat, which is what you said you wanted.

I eat 250g chicken breast and 1/2 an avocado for lunch. Then normally 250g fatty meat with dinner.

Damn, 2 cooked meal preps a day isn't what I wanted to hear.

How do you get the macros of mince? Especially lean mince which is visibly still fatty. Any good estimates online?

I need to work on glute activation because I have a bad case of APT. Aside from exercises I do in the morning (donkey mocks, glute bridges etc) what could I do like once every hour? Would just squeezing my glutes be of any help?

Ha, I eat avocado most breakfast. Just some slices with salt on them on the plate next to the eggs and bacon. So freaking good. I always put it on my burgers too. In salads. Guacamole... Avocado is awesome.

Use the MyFitnessPal application scanner to scan the barcode and get macros. If you shop from the butcher just use caloriecount.about.com (IIRC).

I cook 2kg chicken breast and put it into 8 250g containers, there is 8 lunches done in 30 minutes (I eat w/ half an avocado).

>what could I do like once every hour?
Stretch your hip flexors.

So is there any consensus about creatine while cutting? Should I continue or am I wasting my money?

Educate yourself and form your own opinion, consensus be damned. Look at what creatine offers and ask yourself if that's what you want.

It comes down to ~2kg water bloat vs strength.

I have the luxury of being able to cook every night since I'm still in uni but I'll figure something out after I shop around. Cheers for the tips.

How do you think MFP could be improved? I'm trying to make a fitness app for a project and just want to know some features people wished were on it.

Another user said fuck premium in the last thread which is a good sentiment.

is SOYLENT healthy as a meal replacement drink?

i hope to skip breakfast (maybe dinner) and drink one of these instead. for lunch i'll eat enough to make sure my caloric deficit is only 500 so i'm not going catabolic or anything

just wondering if anyone here has experience with it

What else? I would like to fix this shit fast. Bodyweight squats?

Do you think I should bulk or cut?
Also, would you mind giving me a body fat stimate?

15%

Slow cut til your progress stalls and then start a bulk and try not to get too fat because that bulk's gonna have to last you months.

It's not a quick fix problem. You want to strengthen your core and hamstrings and stretch your hip flexors.

When you lift consider the "ribs down" queue.

Aren't rows + chinups covering that? I substitute seated row with T-bar row.

did everyone get their free 500 calories from dunkin donuts today?

>cmon its only 1 donut

will lifting help fix my depressed attitude? It's hard finding joy anymore. 22, 140lbs. Guessing I should bulk, looking into the Allpro's beginner routine.

Cut 15%

what will happen if a only do bodyweight squat? some change in size or only endurance improvement?

I didn't see any chins on the snatch grip dead day because I read too fast, my bad. Looks fine.

Allpro's routine sucks. If you want to do a bodybuilding routine do reddit's PPL. It doesn't really matter though because beginners don't need much volume at all to grow.

If you really want to train for work capacity and get some volume in, do something like SL (not SS, you can't do this with power cleans) with MRS instead of 3x5 sets.

MRS8-2 basically means that you work up to your 8 rep max, then you take short 90 second to 2 minute rests and do another set to 1 rep short of failure until you reach 2 reps in a set, then you stop and move on to the next exercise. Shorter rests will train your work capacity more, longer rests will let you get more volume in. I'd recommend taking shorter rests as a beginner, maybe as low as a minute, and doing one heavy set before you start MRS at your 8rm.

huh, thanks, I'll look into it. all pro's seemed alright but I guess I do need to build my strength base first.

what's wrong with soy being in proton powder?

Nearest gym to me is a 45 min drive, and I don't have enough money to become a home gym fag, so I've been making substitutes for actual equipment with what I can, and while some lifts are easy (for example, my squat rack is a fork lift with an old pipe and some old tire rims I filled with concrete), however I can't figure a safe way to do bench press. If I stick some hay up to my pull up bar (rafters in the hayloft) and set my feet up on them then put some tractor weights on my chest and did "pull ups" horizontal like would I be using roughly the same muscles as a traditional bench press?

Also, I can't help but feel that I'm not working my back enough, anyone have any ideas on how make something to work on that? I've been hanging limp from the rafters and then doing a kind of sit up thong where I pull my body up and touch my feet to the roof based on a recommendation from a kid at work, but I feel like that does more for my front then my back. Was thinking about welding some scrap to the end of a sledgehammer and swinging that around since my back always seems tired after splitting wood, but I'm not sure that would work either.

Thanks guys

How do no calorie drinks work? Why can't we have no calorie food?

Food contains macros and macros contain calories
Minerals like sodium and potassium (which can be found in water and other liquids) don't have any calories

>How do no calorie drinks work?
FDA funny business

>Why can't we have no calorie food?
I'd reckon celery is as zero calorie as most zero calorie drinks

There's no routine thread, so I figured I'd post here. I've been lifting for about 9 months now and I'm finally starting an actual routine.

Prior to now, my exercises varied slightly day to day but I'd make sure to hit every major muscle.
The issue is that I have limited access to equipment. Also, I'm lifting purely for aesthetics so legs really aren't that important to me. I don't want to develop chicken legs but I also don't care about getting them big, so that's why I only do the leg press (no squat rack).

Anyway, are there any major flaws with this routine? I know that there are much much better routines out there, that's not what I'm asking about. I just want to make sure that this will work well enough and that there isn't anything big that I'm missing. Thanks

The whole thing is a flaw.

Elaborate?

>It comes down to ~2kg water bloat vs strength.

What does this mean?

If I'm starting out as built fat should I bulk then cut or cut then bulk to get pic related

There is nothing to elaborate on. It's just a bunch of exercises written down without any thought.

Educate yourself, you have google.

ABxABAx
BAxBABx

Really helpful thanks

lol.

I'm telling you, there is nothing right about that routine. Go back to the drawing board.

Could use some input please.

My right shoulder has been in some pain recently and wherever i raise my arm like I'm raising my hand, it makes a popping sound.

Anyone know what's wrong with it

What's a good substitute for seated machine fly?
muscleandstrength.com/exercises/machine-lateral-raise.html

Use JEFit. Trust me, it's way better than the notepad.

Also this is a terrible routine

Standing dumbell "fly"