Can $500 buy the right equipment for a home gym to get a decent looking body?

Can $500 buy the right equipment for a home gym to get a decent looking body?

Small town, no gym; shit blows. Pic is me currently

why is this skeleton so cute

he says thanks

Craigslist, people always be dumping their clothes hangers cheap.

Definitely:
1. power cage
2. cheap bar (ignore the fancy US-made bar meme until you actually need one)
3. simple plates
4. belt
5. shoes

>not working on pulling exercises

Squat stand.

Plates.

Barbell.

Chairs that are tall enough to do dips on (for chest, not tricep dips).

Place to do pull-ups.

You're all set. Bumpers > iron when it comes to plates, but whatever is cheap is what you should get.

This was a yugioh card

It has exaggerated neoteny compared to an actual human skull: larger eye sockets, smaller nasal cavity, shorter midface, short chin, small teeth. It also appears to be smiling and making silly hand gestures. The obvious cartoonish style prevents it from looking creepy.

prevents it from being spooky you mean.

BOO!

Grr!

Haha

yes

but not if you want a power rack

yes, but definitely will have to be used off craigslist/kijiji, $500 should get you a cage/set of weights

aka, everything you need.

I miss playing yugioh as a kid

GET A POWERTOWER BABY

Set of adjustable dumbbells (100lbs each), a bench and a pull up bar. Less than $300

seems pretty nice

What? Pull ups (powerrack), bent over rows (barbell), pendlay rows, oldschool t-bar rows, meadow rows, fatman pull ups, front lever pull ups (straight leg, and bent), upright rows (close and wide grip), kirk shrugs high pulls, shrugs, deadlift variations, etc. That is far more than enough, breh.

Under $500:

>Cap Barbell OB86-B $140

This is the only respectable barbell from CAP that is cheap.

>CAP Rack $95

This holds 300 lbs. You can do pull ups.

>Sports Store Plate and Bar set

Sporting Goods stores often sell CAP plate sets. They come with junk bars, but they are often a good buy for the plates (usually 255 lbs).

After tax, you should have about $10-$15. Go buy some recycled rubber tiles from a Home Depo or Lowes to deadlift on.

With these, you can safely squat, overhead press, and deadlift. Add a push-up and pull up progression for basic fitness.

These are cute as fuck. I didn't know this was a thing. Skull Servant was one of my first Yu-Gi-Oh cards back in 2000.

>1000 lb capacity
Wew lad. There's a 32 lb 6' bar with a 300 lb capacity for ~$52 shipped on Amazon. It's probably going to be a while before this guy's deadlifting >330 lbs.

That extra $100 is better put toward a decent power cage.

Fuck that. Just buy an olympic barbell. No sense in buying anything else, then replacing it. Just get the right one from the start.

The $52 one is olympic. It's just cheap, but that's fine for a beginner.

Anything cheaper than the Cap OB-86B is junk and a safety hazard.

Cheap bars use bolt to attach the spinning sleves to the bar. This bolt will become loose or rust and eventually cause the bar to fail in a painful way.

They also tend to use paint as a finish with is a joke.

They also don't spin well (which is one the major buying points of Olympic bars).

>That extra $100 is better put toward a decent power cage.

Is this your bar? Description says it doesn't fit normal Olympic racks!

Bah humbug, it's a little tight but it fits my power cage.

I'm getting to the point where I'm on the market for a Real Bar(TM) anyway. Suggestions welcome.