twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

o hey i thought you died

I did for a month or so

IZLEE GON PULL 300

what happened?

Very slowly...

how much can you do with straps?

Need advice

I didn't hit a single rep of my 2x1 @ 160 deadlifts today and next week I'm meant to do 170-180.

Should I:

a) try it anyway despite the fact I might not even get my warmups

b) check my sumo max and swap to sumo

c) collect rocks

Eat more and do coke

10th for spotoshot 2.0

>I didn't hit a single rep of my 2x1 @ 160 deadlifts
Try harder

>Try harder

I'd rather just cheat desu

There was litterally no way that dude behind him could have helped him if he dropped that weight.

>Dat qt deadlifting

Either re-do the week or deload (reset your routine to match your lifts 2 weeks ago)

I wouldn't suggest swapping to sumo just to hit the numbers.
From my personal coaching experience, snatch-grip deadlift will improve your regular deadlift form/weight, sumo will just make it feel awkward afterwards.

How much do you weigh atm tho ?

>How much do you weigh atm tho ?
84kg and cutting.

Sumo feels more comfortable for me honestly. I've had problems for so long with my conventional where now it's at the point that I'm easily squatting more than I pull.

Since you're far from competition stats, just insert snatch-grip deadlift into your routine for 2-4 weeks and your regular dl will improve.

Save the sumo for competition purpose.

Reminder

Do you ever worry about your face one day exploding while you lift and spattering the judges with blood so they can't see and red light you?

Kek

>Eyeball pops out and hits a spotter

I appreciate the advice but I don't think 2-4 weeks of an assistance exercise will help a problem I've had for literally years. I'll still pull conventional, but just as assistance.

Yeah it's going to be excruciating

less than without

>... and then he failed to pull 160kg!

youtube.com/watch?v=eocCPDxKq1o

Don't take this the wrong way, but usually it's the things that you deliberately avoid that will bring the best results.

I've been avoiding split squats like the plague, but as soon as i've started doing them as an acessory I managed to break the 4 plate squat plateau.

Alright, I'll try your advice but what do i do about next week? Skip skill check? Try sumo anyway?

>Sumo feels more comfortable for me honestly.
Then do sumo? No point in making things harder for yourself just because.

Which one of you was this

>giving a shit about non sense
That image says it's a sign of disrespect to step over a bar or touch it with your foot but they never say why it's disrespectful...
>it's ok to move the bar with shins but more proper with hands
Why would it be bad to move the bar with the foot, shins whatever but not the hands?
>IS THAT SEXUAL HARASSMENT
no it's just my fucking shin touching an inanimate object
Seriously. Is it ok to move with my wrists? what about my forearms? At what point can't I use my legs? It's okay for my shins..what about my ankles? is the bottom of the foot worse than the top of the foot?

Obviously this bitch is stupid as shit and has not mentioned the origin of her bullshit she took from the russian/slavic/whatever ideology. I've heard Klokov talk about how the bar is training partner. you wouldn't step on/over training partner so why step over bar, is disrespectful cyka blyat.
>NIGGA WHY THE FUCK IS THE BAR A TRAINING PARTNER? IT'S A FUCKING PIECE OF EQUIPMENT TO HELP PICK HEAVY THINGS UP AND PUT THEM BACK DOWN
What about squat shoes? That's training equipment too but is that considered your training partner? YOU STEP ALL OVER YOUR SQUAT SHOES EVERYTIME YOU LIFT MY KLOKOV YOU PARTNER ABUSING PIECE OF SHIT! ARE YOU CHEATING ON THE BAR WITH YOUR SHOES?

This french dancer literally jumps on his dancing partner doing a routine IS THAT DISRESPECTFUL MR I FUCK INANIMATE OBJECT THEY HAVE FEELINGS TOO?
youtu.be/JQN2bYark-k?t=171
2:50

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

life

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo

>sumo

Pretty piss-weak lads, 1/2/3/3 for reps (sorely neglected the deadlift).

Interested in changing that with a bit of genuine powerlifting training. Where do I start?

the whole "don't step over the bar" thing is super popular all over Eastern Europe, which is why Klokov parrots it. It's a part of the super soulful bullshit which really just boils down to superstitions and oldfags in the gym being oldfags, trying to make it seem like there's something super speshul about what they're doing. If you notice, the Chinese weightlifters step over the bar all the fucking time, because sometimes walking around it is just pointless. Makes me REEEEE too.

find what meets are nearby, sign up and see how many weeks you are out

strengtheory.com
28 free programs. Read the accompanying guide.

>just boils down to superstitions
i walk under ladders all the time if i know people around are superstitious, they go mad lol
serves them right for being stupid as fuck

And if you go with those programs, use pic related to guide your accessory work that is unlisted in the programs (e.g. a lot of rows and pullups or what have you). It's from the Journey package made by the same guy.

>got weighed at doctor's
>206 with clothes and shoes on
>That's at most 202 with nothing
>Didn't gain weight for 6 weeks despite not tracking intake
Wew

>implying that anthropomorphizing a barbell isn't autistic

youtube.com/watch?v=oRzOK0YUVfs

c",) is my new favourite trip

>missed 2x1 at 160
Lad.. what was your max before you started sheiko?

Wew. That's nice. You planning on going back to cutting at some point soon?

He's an alcoholic sami that doesn't even powerlift

I've thought about it, and I'll probably get back to it next summer. I just want to worry about gains and school, and not have to deal with tracking my intake.

Hi seam

Please don't favourize me.

Get fucked you're my favourite

I'm a norwegian user, he is not a member of the norwegian powerlifting federation. He's a sami that gets drunk and meme lifts by himself like an autist

All well me too

not even a member of the nowegian powerlifting federation. he didn't pay his $30 yearly due and get a dumbass norwegian powerlifting federation business card with his name written on it with a bic pen.

Is there still a plg discord? Id like to join

there never was

There has never been a plg discord, only PRutus' personal one. There's a normal fit discord you can join though.

This means he can't compete in powerlifting and is not subject to our regulations, nor benefit from our coaching and facilities.

autism mgtow

theres a cool fit discord only top chads use but you're not invited sorry

This is an IPF-affiliated thread, if you don't like it you can go back to Veeky Forums.

so apart from fb there is no other active plg chat atm?

That is correct.

i consort with roiders, squat to depth but not totally convincingly, and i wear boxers

plg has pretty much annexed the Veeky Forums discord though

there's the comfy chat but that's for cool kids only

Layne Norton confirmed for shitlord KKK member

Kek

That would be hilarious if he actually got backlash from this

Why are all americans such racist assholes

sport dead?

>""""""""""""""""""""""""""sport"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

What practical reason does anyone have to not take weights off from the side?

But you're just a dumb frogposter who is trying to get mad so I guess that doesn't matter to you.

Wow, I can't believe I model my squat form off of someone so evil.

kek

got to train yesterday :)
went pretty well

>tfw raglan baseball Ts are perfect for making my pudgy pl body look better

damn these are magic

Buda was right. bye lads

Yeah can confirm we're taking it for our own

sounds good. can i have an invite link?

Plg discord

discord.gg/mnZ8r

Right here

tfw stick arms don't fill them out that well

how much did you weight before you started training?

I personally beleive I have little aptutude in powerlifting; however, despite only training for two months after a year off of any back exercise (I did pushups to stay in a shape), my weighted pull up 5RM is 65lbs.

Anyone think it's possible to run a specialization program like Destroy the Opposition or Smolov/Junior for weighted pull-ups?

I really wnjoy powerlifting style training and have seen great results from it in the past. My old 1RM on weighted pull-up/ was 85lbs after doing 5x5 for three months and never deloading because I was entirely retarded on the subject.

So could someone give me some asvice so I can eventually break the pull-up wr? Will post pic of clothed gf if anyone gives legit help.

228 right when I started lifting. Fell all the way down to 206 when I was bone dry after being sick, have been steadily gaining since then

BETS ON FOR ISLEY'S MEET
>Will he bomb?
>Will he finally bench over 150?
>Is his deadlift doomed to forever stay sub 300?

>no

>yes

>yes, or at best gets it but it gets reds

Just dropping in to say I think I'm giving up on powerlifting for at least a little while.
Still gonna train and pop in here and there but I'm just getting more and more frustrated with constantly being injured.
I don't think PL training is what's causing me to get injured, but I can't maintain a consistent program while I'm getting injured every 6 weeks.
Gonna take some time off to re-evaluate my training, figure out how I can stop getting fucking injured all the time, and do some simple linear periodization with a lot of accessories and bodybuilding work until I'm at a place mentally where I feel like I can focus my energy on training for competition again, probably in 3-4 months.

I'm sure about 3 of you care but I thought it was worth posting about. Might post some memery with stupid accessories here and there if I have time.

You weighed 228 when you had never lifted and were around 15% bodyfat????

I'm 6'4 and was 15% at like 190

I'm fucking triggered to shit

>discord.gg/mnZ8r

thanks lad

that sounds like a good idea m8

hope you figure out your injury issues

I've always had some muscle on me, just how it worked out. I was that asshole that had decent lifts at start
sorry I don't have a better explaination duder

No

If Isley benches more than 50% (fifty percent) of his heaviest diddly I will give him 100 free (you)s

See above

Thanks senpai

Whats your current roster of hurting look like?

fuckin rekt an user in another thread, kek

F

ahh lad i hate hearing this

> frustrated with constantly being injured.
we will make it through
is it something new or same shit?
its probably a good idea but im too stubborn to do it myself

stick around tho

>missed the 3-4 months part
Tbh that doesnt sound the worst

I think that's the best idea. A few months is nothing, and letting all of your injuries heal will get you so much more motivated when you get back to training again.

I have a positively twink frame for this height (6.9in wrists) so I guess it's not a surprise

that + differences in hormone profile probably make up the difference

it's just hilarious to me that I'm 206lbs after a year of training (though my nutrition was shit for a lot of that) and that was your sickly non-lifting weight

goal is to be 220lbs by march

been working night shifts all week, getting zero sleep

finally have time to lift

so tired it physically hurts

have to power through and stay awake because i have to turn around and do day shifts this week so need to adjust my "sleep" schedule

man fuck everything, being an adult is seriously fucking garbage

Lmao just like try hard dude what's your problem?

>physics teacher teaches the material completely differently to how and what he expects us to do with it
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Went well
So jelly
>Tfw bench has stalled 2 sessions in a row
I don't want to switch to intermediate programming yet REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No
Yes
No, but it'll be a seizure pull

Probably for the best, wish the best of luck for you to fix your shit

50th for setting up a plg go fund me for Norsie