Fuck you

Question: What are you supposed to do when you deadlift with correct form but your low back still bothers you?

The response to low back pain is always that, "your low back isn't straight", no?

Well I record myself deadlifting and can see that my back is straight. I can watch a form video and easily see the difference between a) straight back and b) round or inverted back so I have no trouble looking at my own back and spotting the difference.

Your next move is to insist that my back is rounded because it's impossible to have low back pain from deadlifting with a straight back, right?

My question to you is if I look at my back and see it looks perfectly straight and also feels like it's perfectly straight, even if it weren't, how am I supposed to correct what you will keep insisting is an issue with keeping my back straight when there's absolutely no fucking way for me to fix it? Back looks straight and feels straight to me, even if you say otherwise, there's no humanly possible way for me to tell otherwise as my eyes and feel both disagree.

So now what? You're just going to keep insisting it's my lower back rounding in spite or there being no way for me to apply such advice? I mean if you can't see or feel your own back rounding after looking and adjusting forever, what are you supposed to do? I have no problem getting into position with my back straight either. Now what. Your advice is fucking terrible and should be dismissed at face value.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EeEJQjx_NVg
youtube.com/watch?v=h3n8z1wy_SQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are you bracing properly?

Post video of this "straight" back
>inb4 lumbar extension instead of lumbar neutrality

protip: just because your back is straight doesn't mean you're deadlifting right. also stop saying you record videos so we can trust you when you don't fucking post the video.

A spine naturally has curve or else it compresses at odd angles. It's the same when squatting, your back should have a slight arch.

Always talk to your doctor first though, they know more

Valsalva manuever? This is BASIC shit you're telling me. I know absolutely every single basic form advice parroted around the web, what it looks like and how to do it. I NEVER had low back pain in my entire life until I started deadlifting so you can't blame it on something else. Now what?

lay flat on the ground face down, raise your legs just a bit and let it there for some seconds. Those muscles in the lower back are the ones that should be focused on when dead lifting.

Tell me how you are supposed to tell me my back isn't straight when there's literally no way for me to see or feel it? Even if my back weren't straight, it looks perfectly straight to me and feels straight. You wouldn't be able to say otherwise and have it be of any use to me. I can easily see the difference in other people's form videos but somehow I can't in my own? You're retarded if that's your logic.

What sort of pain is it?

Post video, tumblrina

You aren't setting your hips and are probably struggle pulling with just your back, you can do this even if you have a flat back by the way given that the weight is light enough.

Also, how long have you been lifting?
How long have you been feeling this pain?
What weight are you pulling?

It's usually just a lot of discomfort that goes away if I just don't deadlift at all. At worst I had sciatica for a couple days but I don't typically have that issue. I'm not okay with daily discomfort and sometimes low back pain. I've spent my whole life keeping my body free from these types of issues. The discomfort isn't the good muscle growth kind either.

not here for your entertainment

my setup is

>setup with bar over midfoot
>with legs straight hips high drop hands down onto bar
>bend knees until shin touches bar, this also sets hip position
>pull slack out of bar, make sure my lats are engaged and back is straight, take a huge breath and pull

bout a year, i was pulling 3 plates, could have pulled a fuckload more if my back wasn't constantly shitting me

>bend knees until shin touches bar, this also sets hip position
It does not, you need high tension in the hips, try pulling yourself into the bar instead of sitting down.

post the fucking video. a lot of people like you think their back is straight when it actually is not (or it is overextended). this shit requires a trained eye. there might be other things going on too.

what the fuck am i reading

You won't post video because you know your spine wasn't neutral, or because this is a troll thread and you are trolling everyone

Not sure which, probably the latter

Barbell deadlifts have been done for decades upon decades by millions of people.

But i am sure it is the deadlifts fault, not your garbage form

Don't know how to essplain it better bro, I can't into english and I'm not a coach.

I do pull 250kg though

I'm not sitting down. I just said my knee sets my hip position, which you feel in your hamstrings and hips. You don't pull yourself into the bar. The bar is supposed to be lined up at midfoot. If you're pulling yourself into the bar and it lines up over midfoot okay but that's an imprecise way of doing the exact same thing.

He meant pull yourself to the bar vertically, i am pretty sure
>post video, cunt

I don't have time to record a video right now. And even if I did the fuck you think you're gonna tell me?

>hurrrr we can magically see your back not being straight even though you already told us you can see plainly for yourself

you're just bored and want a video to go along with the thread. you can't say anything i can't already EASILY see for myself.

sorry bro, I can't into english

it just occurred to me though that if this is happening when you do reps primarily, since I'm gonna guess you're not at a stage where you pull singles yet, maybe your problem is just that you're doing a poor job of resetting inbetween reps, give it a few seconds longer to get into position.

My lower back is my weakpoint as well. I've had problems with it always. Can't do high reps with it. Can't even shovel snow sometimes. It swells up, gets really tight and painful. Deadlifting is fine, but if I try to do anything laborious after it fills with blood and cripples me. Goes away on its own after awhile.

Just sad because my deadlift is a weak 2pl8 because of it.

No I have tried 5x1 rather than 1x5. Makes no difference.

You won't post it because you are wrong or trolling

Maybe you need to do some stretching then, could be your back is just tight and it's not really related to deadlifting

I foam roll and stretch every day.

How often do you deadlift? If it's only once a week it might be so infrequent that you get doms.

You can't explain how what you see will somehow help me when anything you could possibly say won't change the fact that my back looks straight TO ME which means even if you said otherwise I's have no fucking way of doing anything about it because it looks and feels straight to me and I am more than capable of spotting the difference in my own and other people's form videos.

>you're just bored and want a video to go along with the thread.
lol what the fuck
>you can't say anything i can't already EASILY see for myself.
youre the typical fucking noob lifter that thinks he can see every flaw in his form after reading SS. its not like that. you need to learn to see the flaws in peoples' forms.
believe me, ive seen shitloads of backs that are either overextended or slightly rounded and the lifter thinks their back looks straight. especially the overextending can be a very minor detail. its not that simple.

theres nothing we can say WITHOUT a video either. we dont have magical crystal balls telling us what youre doing wrong. theres like a 0.000001% chance youre doing everything correctly and your back is just shit. the only thing i can say is find a(n SS) coach

You are overextending your back at the top.

i've tried frequencies of 1x, 2x, 3x and every other week. i already said it's not muscular diacomfort -- i like that feel.

No I don't do that bizarre over arch some people do.

Proofs???

Post a video of you deadlifting.

>foam rolling lower back

Shiggin' and diggin'

>You won't post it because you are wrong or trolling
/thread

How the fuck are we supposed to help you if why can not even see how you pull you mong

I just told you my back looks and feels straight to me. How in the fuck do you think what you see is gonna help? If you say differently I'll literally have no way of applying it because my body and eyes disagree.

Post a video.

I dont even know you and i want to break a barbell in your back already

9.13/13.56 rusted my jimbos

>I can't learn things
>i have to already know them or i am doomed

Something can LOOK straight until you LEARN it isn't.
Then you can APPLY what you have LEARNED so that you can realize when a spine isn't straight despite how you used to think it LOOKS

I strongly believe you are trolling at this point, and for that i give you a 10/10, flawless execution

Post a goddamn video

I just passed 2pl8s and really feel my lower back is limiting me. Lower back and quads get so sore while deadlifting I have to take a break to get in that last rep (1x5).

stop deadlifting and see a professional physician whos probably going to tell you something useful.

WebMD said you have lordosis or cancer gl

I have no time or ability right now to crank out a good webm after a workout so I made this quick pos on my phone.

I know my form isn't perfect my neck is arched up it normally doesn't do that but I haven't really deadlifted for months and didn't warm up.

Surely my form isn't shit enough to cause low back pain every day? I've seen a million vids of worse form and they were just fine.

I really can't believe you think it's hard to look at your back and see if it's straight or that I'm trolling. My back is straight enough to the point where it looks and feels straight to me. Even if it weren't there's no way for me to do otherwise.

the doc just says to stop doing what causes pain so I did and it worked but now I can't deadlift anymore

i've never had back problems before and no problems lifting heavy stuff irl. deadlifting is the only reason why i have back problems. squatting also caused me knee problems and my knees werw perfect before and i played tons of physical sports and never had the slightest injury.

Maybe work on glute and hamstring accessories like hip bridges and cable pullthroughs.

The problem may be around the lockout stage.

Make sure your hip flexors are not too tight, this can cause lower back tension.

Try this stretch: youtube.com/watch?v=EeEJQjx_NVg

General core strengthening exercises are useful such as plank variations for lower back pain too.

Also light weight Romanian Deadlifts are not a bad idea.

I've done tons of band work from band good mornings to pull throughs and rdls and sdls. They are much easier on my low back but do fuck all for my deadlift.

I also foam roll and stretch everything out pretty much daily.

I posted a video If that's so bad of form to cause low back pain everytime then I'm pretty much not going to be able to do anything about it just like I said.

Your form looks good, you probably have some genetic defect and your spine is all gibbled.

I played sports all through school with no injuries and have been employed by physical labor for 15 years, my whole life and without a single spinal issue. But it's my genetics and not the lift that's the problem?

Yeah you suck

I should also add that I'm drug and alcohol free. Perfect diet. Sleep 8 hours every night. Not on any medication and never have been. Never had a single health issue prior to deadlifting.

your lower back looks a tiny bit overextended at the top

>t. Mukti from Syria

well no sport or physical work comes near the pressure of a deadlift. all sports you played or probably cardio oriented and i dont think you had to lift you bw or more in your physcal job, your spine just cant stand the pressure. there are a lot of vids addressing this on yt so maybe just look some up. also you may have lacking form when you dont film/ gor eally heavy because you dont focus on your lower back, so just try some things suggested in lower back pain vids and film yourself on evry set

Have you ever heard that old joke:

>Doc, my back hurts when I do this!
>Then don't do that!

slight lumbar flexion at the bottom
more than slight extesion at the top.

what does this equate to?
a loaded range of motion for the lumbar spine

your form is not great. i am mildly surprised this is enough to cause you pain, not completely surprised, though.

hip thrusts are a possible substitute for deadlift, as they work the posterior chain, though not the spinal erectors

>a loaded range of motion for the lumbar spine
P.S. this is very not good.

What does that even mean? You idiot.

Try this

youtube.com/watch?v=h3n8z1wy_SQ

You're dropping your hips and rock back just before the bar breaks the platform. The bar path on the eccentric is NOT vertical - you bump it out to get it past your knees.

Do another video with your actual working weight so we can see what's actually going on when you're working out.