That first bite of the day...

Other urls found in this thread:

easacademy.org/trainer-resources/article/isomalto-oligosaccharides
livestrong.com/article/250589-negative-side-effects-of-maltitol/
livestrong.com/article/519369-side-effects-of-vegetable-glycerin/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

gay

Fag

These are fucking delicious! The Monster threads are stupid, but this is something I can get behind. Tasty shit with awesome nutritional value for dem gainz. My only regret is that I lived for as long as I did before trying one. I eat at least one per day now.

WHO LET THE JEWS IN?

DIIIICK

MUNCHEEEEERRRR

Seriously though, Combat Crunch bars taste amazing. I'm hooked.

Nice wrist twink

you know whats also good filthy Jew?
REAL chocolate, if the ingredients sounds like something you would mine on a astronaut you should ahm maybe not fucking buy

You mining a lot of whey protein isolates and fiber "on a astronaut," bud? Sorry that this particular bar doesn't fit your usual diet of high-protein cake with buttercream frosting and chocolate ganache.

a storm is coming

Hahaha, yeah boys, these bars are great for pre-workout, or recovery. Eat them all the time and have noticed a huge difference in my lifts. I hear the Zyzz and Jeff Seid eat them.

this is now a get

Not saying they're magic, just that they taste awesome. What's wrong with that?

Ingredients:
Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Isomalto-Oligosaccharide (Prebiotic Fiber), Vegetable Oils (Palm, Palm Kernel Oil), Coconut, Sugar, Vegetable Glycerin, Maltitol, Soy Protein Isolate, and Water., Contains Less Than 2% Of: Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Almond, Natural Flavor, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Peanuts, and Sucralose.

Your point?

chocolate peanut butter cup is better

I swear I'm not a shill.
These anons are very correct though.

Isomalto-oligosaccharides in nutrition bars: Not so guilt-free
IMO syrups used in food products consist of a variety of isomalto-oligosaccharides and other sugars. Most of these carbohydrates are fully digested, while others are not. As such, it is estimated that the caloric density of IMO syrup is 2.7-3.3 kcal/g, about 25% less than for maltose on average. As such, it is an error to list the entire contents of IMO as dietary fiber on the labels of food products. A small fraction of the carbohydrates in IMO syrups does escape digestion and undergoes colonic bacterial fermentation. Those IMO carbohydrates escaping digestion may result in potential prebiotic effects, but more studies are needed to confirm this.
easacademy.org/trainer-resources/article/isomalto-oligosaccharides

Negative Side Effects of Maltitol Stomach and Abdominal Pain
The European Journal of Clinical Nutrition notes that maltitol is associated with stomach and abdominal pain in adults. A placebo controlled, double-blind study on health volunteers showed that consuming levels as low as 40 g of maltitol daily would trigger side effects of abdominal pain.

Diarrhea
According to the Calorie Control Council, maltitol shares the laxative qualities of other sugar alcohol blends. As a result, those who take maltitol can expect the regularity of their bowel movements to change. The levels of maltitol needed daily to cause diarrhea vary depending on the age of the person eating maltitol.

While the International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition offers that Maltitol levels for children have an ideal tolerance of no more than 15 g daily, a European Journal of Clinical Nutrition study shows that diarrhea occurs at daily consumption levels 60 - 90 g in adults. The study also notes that the more Maltitol is consumed, the more likely and more severe symptoms of diarrhea will be.Excessive Gas and Flatulence
Eating products or medications that contain maltitol has been linked with excessive internal gas and flatulence in adults and children. This is considered to be one of the more common negative side effects of maltitol, but it is not considered to be a severe side effect in adults, notes the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition.

The International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition also notes that this side effect is present but not considered serious in children who consume maltitol. This negative side effect will continue as long as maltitol is being eaten, as the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition notes that the body's digestive system does not adapt to the artificial sweetener.
livestrong.com/article/250589-negative-side-effects-of-maltitol/

Side Effects of Vegetable Glycerin Laxative Effect
The small amount of vegetable glycerin used in food products isn't likely to cause side effects. It is classified as a sugar alcohol, though, and in turn can have a laxative effect when consumed in large amounts. Thus, it may cause diarrhea, excessive urination and dehydration if you eat a lot of it. Glycerin suppositories are used to relieve constipation because of this effect.

Other Side Effects
The more common, less serious side effects that can occur when you consume large amounts of vegetable glycerin include nausea, vomiting and headache. Lying down after taking medicinal amounts of vegetable glycerin can help limit the risk of headache and help relieve headaches that do occur, according to PubMed Health. When used as a medicine, glycerin must be prescribed by a doctor and used under medical supervision.
livestrong.com/article/519369-side-effects-of-vegetable-glycerin/

Sometimes I get a box of chocolate chip cookie dough and a box of chocolate peanut butter cup. It is an excellent flavor!

Is this a troll, or are you really that desperate to find a fault here? Maybe you're just obsessed with the possibility of diarrhea in any of the foods you eat?

>diarrhea occurs at daily consumption levels 60 - 90 g in adults

Bout 1g of sugar alcohol (maltitol) in the whole bar...

>The small amount of vegetable glycerin used in food products isn't likely to cause side effects

If you look hard enough, you can find warnings and potential side effects for drinking too much water... Sorry, but you don't have to be afraid of all substances with long/complicated chemical names.

My nigga!

Might buy. How would I get some?

They sell them all over the place. They're in a few supermarkets where I live. Also seen them at GNC, if you shop there. Of course, you can get them for pretty cheap on Amazon (that's how I get them).

reporting in with the only protein bar in existence that is worth the price. same macros as a quest bar, pretty tasty, only half the price.

the question is, since costco is usually adamant about their low prices, how long until quest bars die out because their fagbase of crossfitters switches to costco's bars?

2 bucks at walmart. I usually just get the met rx meal replacement bars tho

>not cliff bar shilling

If you don't eat anything with ingredients you can't pronounce then you must be as hungry as you are annoying.

>not eating anything with a name longer than his dick

And he perished of starvation.

whey protein bars are fucking vomit-inducing, whey protein in general is disgusting and it ruins everything

yo these things are god's gift to earth

i wish there were more than two flavors though

yeah. honestly, the cookie dough chocolate chip is on par with quest bars but fudge is meh. can't wait for new flavors as well

What the fuck is going on in this thread, is >>>/lbgt/ invading Veeky Forums tonight or something?
>everything has to literally taste like CANDY or we'll throw a fit! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Fucking hell, are there no real men on Veeky Forums anymore? Has it been taken over by 8 year old girls?

eat healthy food you fucking short cut taking cunt, enjoy pissing away your money on needless supps

So you eat things you dislike the flavour of on purpose when a version with the same amount of protein exists that you would enjoy the taste of?

> can't wait for new flavors as well

are there going to be more flavors?

Oatein flapjacks are better