QTDDTOT: "READ THE FUCKING STICKY" edition

THIS THREAD DOES NOT EXCUSE YOU FROM READING THE STICKY

If you have a question and have not read the sticky, read the fucking sticky.

Other urls found in this thread:

pumpone.com/blog/32
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How to buy Veeky Forums pass without giving asian moot my credit info? Can't into bitcoins either.

pay cash for a gift visa and use it.

Ah right, thanks. Time to visit the post office tomorrow.

what do when cannot do

I have just come out of a weight loss of 20kg via keto and I am down to 13-15% bf and was planning on now doing a bulk, I was going to do a leanish bulk of +300cals and was wondering:

Is that enough of a surplus where I will minimize fat gain but still gain muscle?

Can I jump straight into it? (I'm at a 300cal deficit right now)

If, for example, my protein goal was 150g could I meet the rest of my calories with any amount of fat or carbs because I really like the high fat keto foods? Or will the fat not be processed as well due to no ketosis?

Also an exercise related question that's just based out of curiosity of how many sets and exercises to you do on an average training day?

WAT PPL ROUTINE IS BEST TO SWITCH TO AFTER DOING A 5X5 ROTUINE.

CARDIO ON A BULK?

>doing PPL pull/push/legs format
>legs/back still drained from deads on pull day
>squat suffers on leg day
Can I do Pull/push/legs?

Yeah order doesnt matter

If you're taking rest days between each cycle, that's usually the best way to do it. Even if you're not super fatigued the day after deadlifting and rowing and such, your performance on squats and similar is still usually better when you don't have tired or sore lats/upper back.

Used to squat 137kg no problem for awhile
had accident which almost fucked my knee and dropped to 117.5kg

now I have problem with my feet placement, I've always had staggered feet so they arent symmetric, the right one stays behind the left one and pointing to the right while the left is further and pointing front

Used to be able to get into a good position but now I just fucking c ant, one knee is always higher than the other and I feel this is fucking my knee up
what am I supposed to do? I'vce tried fixing it by just squatting with a bar but noithing, always happens

thank you for the morning >tfw no gf

Im doing this PPL, but i cant do decent romanian deadlifts for the hell of it.
Which exercise can i use to replace them?

you're not 13-15%

Depends why you can't do RDLs.

Nigga you don't even know me

What's going to give me the most gains for Alternating DB curls:

3x12x15kg
3x10x16kg
3x8x18kg

16kg

My form is just atrocious so it would be dumb to do them, just looking for a replacement, else i would just higher the volume on the other excercises

4x12x16

Where should my elbows be pointing doing OHP? I feel like I'm flaring them too much?

What are the best body weight replacements for a normal workout? Can't go to the gym for a while now and I'm scared I will lose the tiny progress I've made.

Is it viable to just set a protein goal and eat the rest of my calories as fat or carbs (no limit besides calorie limit)?

Is it expected to make shit progression and generally lift low weight on a cut? I just started lifting, I'm fat and I want to lose weight, lift at the same time,but does that help at all?

Maybe you could try pullthroughs or even partial RDLs (just do them with whatever ROM you can manage, it'll get better over time).

eat your protein goals everyday and lift heavy and as long as you're not in too much of a deficit you will still make gains, just keep increasing that weight

You are. You want the elbows and wrists to be more or less in line - either take a wider grip or tuck more.

You will need higher fats anyway just due to test production.

What do you mean?

I'm about 178lbs at 5'10 around 16-18% bodyfat. Is it worth cutting for summer down to about 10%? What weight would I need to cut to to be 10%?

if you just started expect to make some gains while losing weight.

but only initially, at a certain point its one or the other.

pushups - narrow for chest, wide for pecs (i think. double check)
situps and variations for hip flexors, abs, obliques if you add a twist
pullups - if you dont have anywhere, maybe supermans on the ground
squats - pretty self explanatory
calf raises

that + isometric exercises. but isos are more for joint stability more so than gains.
>what are vitamins
protein + fat = ketogenic diet.
but still need vitamins. eat your vegetables.
also fiber, otherwise you will feel hungry as well.

now somebody answer me:
- how do i avoid the mental clouding during a caloric deficit? i feel i lose like 20 IQ points when im at a deficit.

Totally new to lifting, been at it for only 3 weeks.
I don't have the slightest amount of DOMS post workout or the next day, even if I use the amount of weight were the last reps are hell on Earth.
What causes?

DOMS is more about the novelty of the workout than anything else. If you're using the same movements and not doing huge amounts of volume or doing anything specifically to induce soreness, you won't really get sore.

I am I'm not looking to have very low carbs I'm more looking to just fill the remaining amount of calories (after protein) with no set amount of fat or carbs, so basically just eat them unchecked until I hit my calorie limit.

either you're doing the same thing every time, or you arent going hard enough.

ramp up slowly and see what happens.

depends how much muscle you lose.

Refeed days will help with the mental fatigue

depends how much cardio you do, or how hard you go i guess.

if you carb deplete often after working out - i.e. endurance or HIIT cardio, then i guess go with carbs to refill. you know when this happens when you wake up the next morning and feel like you're hypoglycaemic (means you burned through your liver glycogen).

people say fats make you feel fuller, but imo low GI foods like oats + some fiber works better for me personally.

but theres nothing i can do to say... get 4 hours of full peak mental ability every day?

About 30ish pounds, I wouldn't worry about getting that low but body fat that low is purely personal preference

You could try eating a high percentage of your calories a bit prior to when you want to be your best.
Depends though because some people feel at their mental peak completely fasted, so just try different things until you figure out what works.
>or you could try n00tropics

ah thanks. i shall try this.

but i dont know how true it is to be at your mental peak when you're fasted. the brain runs on glucose.

Can this be standard OP preamble in perpetuity?

I'm not sure the science behind it but it pops up A LOT when you read about fasting

T is made from cholesterol. Perhaps there is more of it in fatty foods?

what's the point of burpees like what do they train?

What's some queues i can try for leg drive on my bench, with heels down?

I'm doing SS from sticky:

>A
>Squat
>OHP
>Rows
>Chinups

>B
>Squat
>Bench
>Deadlift
>Dips

>AxBxAxx etc.

and want to incorporate tricep extensions/skullcrushers and curls now.
Where do I put them? One to A one to B? Or both on Fridays?

B.

triceps are involved in benching. if you put it in A you're going to be overworking it.

also you should be doing a 3 day split instead of 2.

How to cure pencil neck? Pls help bros

I started doing sl 5x5 but instead of starting with 50% of my max squat I started with about 80%
Did i fuck up bad?

I'm lost on the whole cutting and gaining concept. Say I'm a skellie, 130 pounds and 5'11". I think I have about 18-20% body fat. If I wanted to get fit and develop strength+mass do I first run a caloric deficit but replace calories with protein? Then when body fat level is down increase calorie intake through more protein to allow mass?

>skellie
first you lift and eat half a cow a day until you're fat & strong
then you keep lifting but eat below your daily caloric intake while still making sure you get your protein until you're skinny & strong

then you lift and eat half a cow a day until you're fat & stronger
then you keep lifting but eat below your daily caloric intake while still making sure you get your protein until you're skinny & stronger

Depends on how soon you fail reps.

So I'm doing splits and was wondering if I could do shoulders on Mondays and chest on Wednesdays with two different routines on Tuesday and Thursday

I'm guessing It'll be in like 2 weeks from now

see

Then ya dun goofed.

Realistically, how much wider can your shoulders get from exercise?

Are the Buff Dudes natty?

What's the least sickly flavor for your protein powder?

What's a good starting routine for a fat guy with bad joints? I have no idea what I'm doing and the friend I'm going with just told me essentially to do variations of Bicep curls for an hour and a half.

While I'm here, how long is good enough between sets? 1 min? 30sece? What about between different lifts? I don't know these little things and it always makes me feel awkward.

As well - should I start doing protein powder from the start? I get that I need to get enough but I also want to lose weight primarily for now.

King of the manlets here

If I'm roughly 170 cm and weigh 70kg, should I be bulking or cutting?

You should lift weights

This is my routine im going for aesthetics and cutting (currently 173cm 90kg)

Day A
Bench press 4x5
Inclinge press 4x10
Butterfly machine 4x10

Day B
Chin ups 4xmax
Assisted pull ups 4x10
Row machine 4x10
Cable crunchex 4x10

Day C
Squats 4x10
Deadlifts 4x10
Military press 4x10
Lateral flyes 4x10

What muscle am i not training?

How would you improve this routine without making it take more time?

I've read starting strength and practical programming. What are some good books to go from there? I need some stuff that isn't exercise for dummies but also isn't on the level of the science and practice of strength training.

Move deadlifts to B, shift cable crunch to C for time management.

shouldnt i keep deadlifts in the legday?

Why do my abs hurt while doing chinups?

Hi I've never been to Veeky Forums, but I'm tired of being an autistic skinny manlet, I want to be an autistic fit manlet.
I've read the sticky but I'm totally ignorant about this kind of stuff, need some explaination please.
>Bulking Diet:
>Calories: TDEE + 500 calories
>Protein: 1+ grams per lb. bodyweight
As a skinnyfag I have to follow this, right? What does that protein thing mean though?
Also now I'm just doing pushups everyday, will this make any difference in my appearance?

You can't go hard on both squats and deadlifts on the same day unless you're a beginner.

TDEE = amount of calories you burn up in a day
Bulk = eating more than the TDEE = gain weight
Protein is what your body primary uses to make muscle. If you weightlift, a safe guideline is to eat about 1g protein per kg of your bodyweight (not lb).
And no, you'll just get better at pushups.

What are the best sources of sat fats?

Is creatine worth it?

What cosmetic products do you use for your face (and why)?

I dont think I activate my abs enough during any of the compounds; out of the gorillions of ab exercises, which ones were the most effective for you?

Thanks bruv.

>As a skinnyfag I have to follow this, right? What does that protein thing mean though?
everytime you eat something, look at the nutritional value on the box or look it up on the internet, see what percentage of the food youre eating is proteins then multiply it by the amount of food youre eating and then you have teh amount of protein youre ingesting via that food

>Also now I'm just doing pushups everyday, will this make any difference in my appearance?
Maybe if you do like 100 per day everyday for 5 years your pecs will look slightly bigger.
IF you want aesthetics the gym is the best way to go

if you want aesthetics in a reasonable amount of time the gym is THE ONLY way to go.
like, you see people who dont lift that have nice bodies but its because they have been doign excersise for a lot of time

Thanks bros.
>if you want aesthetics in a reasonable amount of time the gym is THE ONLY way to go
Well it's time to find a fucking job then

i wasnt aware of that,interesting.

other than that, am i missing any muscle with that routine?

I'm currently running stronglifts 5x5. Is there any reason to not go 4 days a week? All these rest days leave me with too much free time. I've been lifting for 2 years just didn't take it as seriously until now, so it's not like I'm just getting started.

>out of the gorillions of ab exercises, which ones were the most effective for you?
cable crunches, do it with heavy weight, it feels just like doing curls but for your abs, none of that 100 reps bullshit, if you weight it correctly you can do sets of 8-12

Hey, Veeky Forums.

Chubby fuck here with little healthy nutrition in diet. When I cut out the unhealthy food (mainly chocolate-themed items), I get intense headaches that can last more than 24 hours.

On top of that, I get migraines, and these headaches do feel like migraines. I've never gotten past a week due to the pain (I lose my tolerance to painkillers after some time, don't want that, either) and then return to eating thousands of calorie-dense foods like chocolate.

I don't know what to do. I'd get sugar from healthy resources, like fruit, and yet I still suffer from the pain.
Has anyone gone through this? What helped you?

It's not something to be 'aware' of, it's common sense if you think about it. They both heavily stress your quads, back and CNS.
And you get to isolate smaller muscles the more advanced you are - as a beginner, the compounds and a couple isolation usually grow everything. If you feel parts lagging behind, you can add in tricep/calf/bicep/hamstring isolation.

Then make small changes. Reduce daily intake of shit by only 10 percent and reduce by ten percent every other day till u have completely removed shit.
This method Albeit slow, u will follow through because u won't be binging again

>eating thousands of calorie-dense foods

Shit, I meant that I eat thousands of calories. Probably 2k daily of mostly chocolate, and that has been my diet for most of my life (fat parents didn't think anything of it when I was little).

>Probably 2k daily of mostly chocolate

I'm a noob and need some ab isolation because symmetricstrength says my abs are lacking.

What are some good exercises?

Sounds like great advice, I'll just need to work on my self-restraint.. If there's chocolate in the house, I'll eat it.

Thanks, user.

How? thats like 4 normal sized chocolates
Who literary opens so many packages over the day?

I know, user. I know.

I don't know how I haven't managed to become obese yet. My BMI is 26%, and that is with little muscle mass.

People like pic related.

It happens and it's been my reality for my whole life. It used to be worse, though, if you can believe it: I would eat 1kg of pick'n'mix alongside about 750g of chocolate bars (1½ bars, I'd eat the remainder later on in the day) within 24 hours, and that would be my diet for the day.

It's fucking embarrassing. It makes me all the more angry as to the fact that movements like "fat acceptance" exists. Nobody should be encouraged to live the way I'm living right now.

And join a gym and follow a simple program 3 days a week while doing cardio on off days.

U will realise binging will only waste all your effort. So u will hate chocolate on a subconscious level
t. Ex-fatty

But I just used my willpower and went cold turkey and lost 20kgs in 6 months
How much do u weigh and your height?

What? There's no exercise that tests for abs specifically in symm if I recall. Link me your pic, and you can do planks, leg raises, ab wheel. As a beginner, squats+deads will work your core plenty (use valsalva maneuver)

>750g

Misstype again, I'd eat 300g of chocolate bars, and the remaining 100g later in the day.

It's just one of those I'm-going-to-fuck-up-everything-I-type days. Sorry.

Used to do that, but I feel like they taget only upper core. Also, what is the right leg position for them? Legs together, elbows around them or legs wide, elbows inside?

Doing SS don't want abs to get left behind is all I'm concerned about. Do other arm accessory work so they're covered

Well done on the weight loss.
>hate chocolate on a subconscious level
I've had that feeling, but the migraines would ruin it all. I can't handle it and go back to binging.

It's been about 3 weeks since my last headache because of it, but my stomach has ballooned and I feel horrible overall.

I'm 157lbs at 5'5.

>5'5
Are u a kid? Or Manlet?

Anyway go to a nutritionist. Get a nice little diet. And go to a doctor. I dont think the migraines and diet are linked.

Your abs aren't going to get left behind and you don't have to worry about them isolating them until that picture is at least all green. Also, you aren't going to get visible abs until you lose bodyfat so isolating them won't make them visible.

>6'2", 245 lbs

I've been lifting 3x a week for about a month now. I'm eating just below maintenance at 3250 cals a day and focusing on building a good strength base. All of my lifts are good and my gym buddy who has about 2 years of experience has been helping me and teaching me proper form. Any way my starting deadlift was at 155, and that was about a month ago. I lifted 315 today for reps (doing SS) and had no issue doing so at all. I'm looking at doing 405 in a month. Is this good progress?

Neither. Am grill, just didn't want to bring attention to that fact unnecessarily.

>I don't think the migraines and diet are linked
People with migraines are advised to keep a journal where they write their activities and food intake to pinpoint what can trigger a migraine attack. That is what I heard from my doctor.

My guess is that it is some additive or ingredient that I lack when I stop eating chocolate, triggering an intense migraine.
Going to a nutritionist sounds like a good idea. I'll try that.

How do you guys feel about the benefits of going to a chiropractor? Am I better off getting a deep tissue massage instead? Apparently I have a sublaxation in my upper back, nothing major but it's causing an imbalance on my right side of my body

I can't even fathom that, i come from a low middle class family where one one chocolate would be split 4 ways so everybody gets a bit.
And that was like every second day.

Fast food was a luxury since in easter europe home made meals a much cheaper. 95% of my veggies come from my backyard

You can change your reality man, what you are now isnt who you will be in the future. Only a dead person never changes.
Don't even concern yourself with fat acceptance. And stop talking

Put an end once for all to this discussion of what a good man should be, and be one. - Marcus Aurelius

>taget only upper core.
pumpone.com/blog/32