/OWG/ Olympic Weightlifting General

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>Veeky Forums's 13th Birthday Edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspot.sk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq

>helpful blogs:
yashathoughts.com
pentupwl.files.wordpress.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

>youtube stuff:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLfIeSgSBSoCJpz57KfVoqp4K4AeSFAfD
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLotmoPX6Kq0WJH2uws60250m1YTtg3j8Q

>prev thred
>implying I'll count ones started by blueshoes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YEwzH5JATbI
youtube.com/watch?v=YjICG0RI0I4
instagram.com/p/BLACm47A3ch/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i actually didnt start that thread teehee wish i know who did

i started plg though :)

WL related news I have 7 hours till weigh in and 9 hours till lifting today.. hehe wish me luck???

Good luck bb

hehe thx

Hope you are crushed in your monumental struggle to poorly snatch 70kg autismshoes.

i could kick your ass and you know it yoi have litleman syndrome

god these guys forms are perfection. There's literally only millimeters of deviation in his form. Perfect.

Can we post some weightlifting QT's pls?

first for mattie rogers:
youtube.com/watch?v=YEwzH5JATbI

here is qt
youtube.com/watch?v=YjICG0RI0I4

highbar atg squats

sticky knees on the outside at the bottom of the movement, feels sort of like an impingement in the tibiofibular joint

wat do

the stretch where you kneel down on the floor but then sit through your legs trying to get your ass on the ground; like how girls in anime sit on the floor, it will make the knee more comfortable in that position under heavy weight

only shot i can find rn that illustrates it

Going to take a course next week

Pavel Tsatsouline said in one of his books to not do this stretch because it stretches ligaments instead of lengthening muscles

is it bullshit?

Back from my first comp, been awake for 14 hours.

60/70 @ 73.85
5/6

Had hoped to do cnj 65/70/75 but the first 65 went up way too fast and crashed down and caused me to rebend and press it out.

Coach recorded them all, hell probably put them up on the gyms Facebook tomorrow.

I'll try and get them on here for you to laugh at.

Please do. I particularly enjoy a good chuckle.

If I told you my height and the huge difference in KG between your max C&J and my strict press you would call me a liar. Of course, I sit here smug knowing that you are only fit to be my prison bitch twink-arms.

????????????

>Never forget the next to every poster in an /owg/ is blueshoes supporting/agreeing/disagreeing/attacking/defending himself

Yes.

I mean it's possible that if you have shitty weak connective tissue and you slammed down into this position at high velocity it might TEAR a ligament, but that's like saying doing a snatch will kill you if you drop the bar on your fucking head.

Thanks brahs

I tried it today and it is obviously the issue, I could feel that joint moving and clicking in a good way

perfect answer tbqh

whats your wechat

PRd both lifts and hit a 275 total yesterday f a m

instagram.com/p/BLACm47A3ch/

>practicing form with empty bar after heavy cleans
>zoned out mentally
>thrust bar up like it's fully loaded
>concuss myself on jaw
I thought seeing stars was an expression.

Clean and jerks I mean.

you're welcome champ
at the minute i do all types of stretches on sundays to prevent the onset of any sorts of pain in the lower body. to do that would be my advice to you; get to do the side splits, front/back splits (both legs), and you're basically hitting every muscle/joint/tissue that could ever nag you, save for a few others you'll find out about, i've not had any niggles in lower body for 6 months since stretching so much

it does stretch the ligaments yes but the point he was making i believe was to not let it become a substitute for stretching the quads; you cant let your ligaments make up for tight quads in an attempt to keep them contracting fast/getting stronger faster or you'll get a bad knee injury

holy shit blushoes is lanky??????