Bulking general

It's bulking season again brehs. Who else /struggling to escape skellymode/ here?

>post bulk foods
>post progress
>have the age old 'skellies have it easiest/no, fatties have it easiest' argument

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/article/recovery_and_growth
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's barely afternoon and I've already chugged down a gallon of 4% milk, still feel like i can do more
GOMAD is my golden ticket out
We're all gonna escape auschwitz brah

spend around $1000 dollars on "pro gainer" protien

650 cal per shake, 60 grams protien

still tipping the scales at 137

i just can't eat that much goddam food and im sick of giving away my sheckles on this bullshit

Pizza
Hamburgers
Creppes
Semen
Pasta
Coke
Cake
Waffles

How hard can this be?

6'2" started at 165, bulked to 230, cut to 200, stayed around that ever since, including nearly a year off training properly (1 day a week, maybe 2) of maintanence because IRL etc.

I've posted this recipe a lot, because it's fucking awesome:
2 cups oat bran
1 banana
scoop of brotein
few tablespoons of flax
honey and cinnamon to taste
full fat milk

Shovel your delicious gruel into your face. You are now on the gainstrain for at least 5 hours, and will have god tier poops.

Aside from the above, other things that helped me get the cals up:
dark chocolate. Nothing complements milk better than dark chocolate. 1L of milk, half a block of chocolate and you've topped up your ticket for the gains train.
Peanuts go without saying as the perfect savoury snack.

What do you eat aside from the jew powder?

just make your own gainer shake. jesus fucking christ.

Ok guys I'm sick of not eating enough.

I'm 6'3 180 lbs and trying to bulk on about 3300 kcal but realistically get 2500-3000 a day.

I wish I could sit down and eat 2k calories but I can't eat that much in 1 sitting so eating constantly throughout the day is my only hope.

Avg day:
>Maybe eat breakfast but usually not: cereal
>Lunch: usually biggest meal 1000-1200 kcal (bought from shop usually, I work full time)
>Dinner, home cooked meal because still live at home, kinda just have to eat what im given, usually like 800 kcal if guessing
>Evening shake: 400ml milk + ~4scoops 600kcal

And snack as much as I can in between but usually just a few hunded kcal over the day.

What's the easiest place to change things to get an extra ~500 kcal a day?

Th-thanks.

also meant to say the reason I don't normally eat breakfast is just because I feel like shit in the mornings and I can't bring myself to get up any earlier in the morning than I have to to get to work, so no time.

What are you snacking on, what's breakfast, and do you eat dessert after dinner?

add some sauce with loads of olive oil or fat at dinner time. easily 600-700 cals or more.

5' 5" 95lbs kill me

>struggling

Only part that is hard, when you reached your 500 over TDEE, but still want more.

And some peoples bodies work properly and suppress their appetite and when they've eaten enough, fatty

Eating isn't hard /thread

Hello user

This is me @ 145 lbs @ 5'10
I plan to bulk for 8 months to 175 and 6'
Then cut until I look like a sick cunt.

Good idea? Or is it too much bulk?

Also should I train legs the whole time? My arms are skelly mode but legs are thicc for no lifting. Will I become laughable with big legs and small torso if I don't fix it first?

Bulking is a myth folks, don't be fat.

You don't bulk your height, retard

Dude you just need to lift and eat greater than .6 grams of protein per body lbs.

Bulking is a myth, don't be fat.

lmao

Have any of you guys ever made the worst food ever when bulking? like really nasty shit you made but ate it anyway just for the gains?
Here's my story
>Be me
>Go back to gf's house from gym session
>It was a hard chest, triceps, shoulders, legs and 30 minute run workout and I was knackered
>Forgot to bring a shake with me and it's too late to go out and buy some chicken or meat
>She's at uni so poor fuck
>Look through her cupboards and fridge for food
>Can't find any meat or eggs
>Find what I think is Greek Yogurt in the fridge
>I remember reading that this had high protein content so good for gains
>Pour into a bowl, add sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds for more gains
>Add raspberries to improve the bland taste
>Stir that shit
>Sit down and eat a spoonful
>Realise it was cottage cheese NOT Greek Yogurt
>Tastes like shit
>Force down the rest of it because don't want to waste food and gains
>All that fibre
>Went to work the next day and blocked the toilet
Make sure you read the label guys, don't mistake Greek Yogurt and cottage cheese

The gainer shake can't be your only nutrition, user

Former skinnyfat here. Hardgaining is a myth perpetuated by fags who think they eat a lot, when really they just chow down a big dinner and think "yep, I ate a lot today".

As soon as I started tracking my calories and set a big goal to aim for, I realised how little I had been actually eating before.

Hardgainers are skinnyfags who do more exercise than they realise, eat less than they realise and probably eat predominately lean foods without even knowing it.

Throw some milk and a peanutbutter sandwich into your regular diet and watch as you gain mass consistently.

Agree user

I went through the same

>have anal fissures
>want to bulk but more bowel movements leads to more pain
>skellylife ensues
save me senpai

>spend around $1000 dollars on "pro gainer" protien

Fish
Chicken breasts
Eggs
Oats
Brown rice
Pasta
Pork

nigga cottage cheese concoctions are a staple in my diet.

lmaoing at soylent, a 500g tube of that shit plus banana and some kind of nut and you got yourself a meal.
Micronutrients are for homos and vegans to be desu

Don't get me wrong bro, cottage cheese is great, I just don't enjoy it with foods I put in yogurt

This
You people complaining about bulking being too hard are the most useless low test beta faggots who should just stop lifting

G.O.M.A.D

can anyone tell me why I -shouldnt- be eating 200g's or so of cashew nuts every few days? it's like, 1200 cals, tasty as shit too

Never see it recommended on bulking threads, is there a side effect im just missing out on? seems 2gud2 b true

Do it, perfectly sensible option. I prefer peanuts.

Even though I'm aware of it I still consider myself a hard gainer because I myself have a hard time eating >3000 Cal a day.

Started at 5'11 around 140, been eating a ton, doing SS with some more upper body/shoulders added and after 5 months I'm at 165. However because of squatting 3 times a week I can no longer wear Levi 511s or 514s anymore and I still think my legs are skinny.

People rec peanut butter for the same reason.

Do you have any pics?
How long did it take?

It's just fat though, good fat but still fat

>>Maybe eat breakfast but usually not: cereal
This is your problem. It's so easy to pack on calories during breakfast. Make pancakes or French toast. Super easy 900 calories easy. Oatmeal is another good one. You can make overnight oats so that no prep is required in the morning.

If you will only eat cereal because you're a retard, you can do things like add banana slices.

How do you make a 900 cal oatmeal breakfast?

Add fruit, cream, nuts, and syrup. Big portion. Have a latte with it. I have an espresso machine, so every morning I make mochas for me and my wife. Easy additional 200 cal on top of the actual food, so I include that.

I'm on a pretty big calorie deficit. Should I just cruise slowly by a few hundred calories each week or so until I hit maintenance then start the surplus? I'm afraid that if I just jump right into the bulk, I'll be putting on unnecesary amounts fat.

what this user said, but instead of oatmeal eat raw oats with milk, you get more calories per "fullness" if you know what i mean.
if you can, try to boil 9 eggs one evening and then eat 3 eggs every morning. that way you have eggs for 3 days. just eat them as is hardboild or slice them up and put ketchup, salt and pepper on, makes it a bit easier to eat them. 3 eggs is around 270-300 kcals, depending on size

I've always been super skinny, I started lifting about a year ago but I quickly hit a plateau because I can't eat enough.

I count my calories and macros, I know what I need to eat, but I just can't cram the food down. Doesn't matter if it's multiple small meals or just a "big" one, I get stomach pains within an hour and a massive, painful shit.

Supplement your meals with more fat. Eat shit like peanut butter that's calorie dense but not filling.

>3 eggs is around 270, but you know 270, c'mon.
>So basically what I do is, I do the top dose, which is 6 eggs
>But you know, I'm still not happy with 6 eggs because I always have to overdo everything
>have to

i think its fine to just hit maintenance right away, then work with that for how ever long you think you will need to acclimate and then hit the bulk all out

HAVE TO

cottage cheese
skyr
eggs
milk
yoghurt
bread
pizza
tuna
beef
rice
chips

whole milk
olive oil
oats
cheese
mayonnaise
bread
eggs
oats
bananas
peanut butter
tuna
meat
rice
biscuits
cake
chips

ez as fuk

I dont see why you just dont smoke weed, munchies is god like bulk

I've never been able to work up the nerve to eat cottage cheese. Just the way it looks disgusts me.

u forgot plain white spaghetti

it tastes perfectly fine user, too bad im lactose intolerant

Not everyone can get away with smoking weed user

5K kcal today still hungry as fuck.
God damn that steroid!

Best post workout shake
250ml liquid eggwhites
100g frozen berries
50g oats
2bananas
250ml 0% Greek yoghurt
All nicely blended

>manage to eat around 2800 calories a day
>drink an extra 600 calories every night
>piss like a madman
>bulk like a god

All you fags complaining about not being able to eat enough DRINK YOUR FUCKING CALORIES

how much EQ you on?

Mutant mass?

I was a skellington that ate a lot whole my life

Problem was
>did NOT eat sweets
I just went for salty stuff, and that fills you up quickly
With desserts and sweets you can do some real damage

Also I ate a fuckton but just at lunch and dinner. had just shitty skimmed milk with cereal for bfast and no snacks.

To solve that I just started eating snacks, some milk and cereal/cookies after dinner while watching a movie, some shitty snacks during the day, trying to never eat just one thing at lunch.
That way I gained around 10kg in one year, getting to 79kg.

Started lifting in February at 79kg, did a minicut in may because derp, then steady clean bulked, upping my cals gradually.
Which brings me to now, 86kg at 185cm aka 6'1'', gaining weight very slowly, not looking skinny anymore, my friends tell me how "huge" I am even though I'm still a dyel

If I had to give one piece of advice is
>download Myfitnesspal
>set a cals goal
that way you will quickly see where you're fucking up.
Then just eat more

and yes, FATTIES HAVE IT EASIER

Weed makes me nauseous, alcohol is a pretty GOAT appetite stimulant but kills gains apparently

5'4 and been stuck at 45kg (up from 42kg) since June

Why is eating a lot so hard I just want to get /thicc/ and see my lifts improve ;-;

eat more?

eat more carbs, and drink more milk

Y-you're female right

Try eating more meals that are slightly smaller.

1.2g of protein per kg of bodyweight and 40 kcal per g of protein. Do that with a proper training program and lets see you not gain weight. Remember to track your calories.

>tfw no tiny twink bf to train ;_;

>4200 calories
my stomach is not prepared for that

So in other words you just became fat?

GOMAD. Right now.

If female, half GOMAD.

If lactose intolerant, GOLFMAD.

Nut mix jars. Eat a massive handful a few times a day.
Crock pot meals.
Lots of rice.
Indulge when you crave it.

So prepare it

>and yes, FATTIES HAVE IT EASIER

C'mon now lad you're not being rational :^)

130 on left around 153 on right. at about 160 atm and i'm not really sure what to bulk to? I feel like i still look like a skeleton but with a little muscle. shouldn't almost 30 pounds make me look alot bigger?

what do i bulk to before cutting?
foods: oats, granola bars, protons, breakfast sandwiches, jerky, chicken, lots of fish, eggs.

count your calories if you feel like you're not gaining weight. i shoot for 3400 kcal a day with aroun 200g proton

I used to be all skeleton like, 6'2" 155 with BF% below 10 percent (heavy frame). Couldn't actually eat enough for my moderate/low activity level (2800-3200 calories, high metabolism + being moderately hyperactive). What finally got me over the hump was relationship weight (for me reminders to eat not just quantity, but spacing the meals right) and getting a job that required frequent lifting. I don't even work out other than to even out left and right and a little leg work as needed. Just about where I want to be now: 205 with BF at 14. Got enough bulk to fill my frame and show definition without looking ripped (which I don't like the super cut look, nor does my GF).

So close... I'm cutting until the 10th after Comic Con, and then I'll be eating everything in sight... Wish me strength brehs

Shouldve just bought a $12 food scale off of amazon.

Most skellys that complain about not gaining weight are always stumped by the question do you weigh your food. All of them always say, " Uhhh no but I just know Im eating a lot." Do you track calories with pen and paper using nutrition facts and not an app, " Uhhh no I just keep eating till im full."

I want to rage but I end up just saying, "for sure man just keep eating." You lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink the fucking thing.

Your body is not special. You are not an exception. Write down what you eat, weigh what you eat and you will gain weight

>tfw got another couple months of cutting left but then you remember you can bulk again soon

Stop skipping breakfast.

BUT if your fucking hardheaded then....
2 cups of milk
48g of chocolate nesquick
80g of oats
2x serving of your favorite cereal (I recommend a protein cereal)

Easily 800 right there

started at about 60 Kg 3 monts ago. Now at 70kg with low body fat. Eating weight gainers, protein shakes and 3 meals a day. Lifts are going steadily up. Life is easy anons.

Am vegan
Pls no bully

redpill me on GOMAD

You get fat
You get strong
Your cut will take forever

Slam nuts then (nohomo), it's the next best alternative. But liquid calories are a whole lot easier than solid ones, so you may be slightly fucked. General consensus is that being a vegan and strength training/gaining decent weight don't go well together.

How do I explain to my roommates why I have so much milk

startingstrength.com/article/recovery_and_growth

I'll stock up on pecans they're the best nut for eating straight

Am also doing a ton of cardio which probably isn't helping but I'm paranoid about losing my cardiovascular endurance gains having just gotten them to a reasonable level so I will compensate with more pecans

Endurance goes fairly quickly, but it's fairly easy to reacquire, so don't worry too much about that. Strength gains and size gains are harder to get, but once you've got them you've got them for life. Just do a few weeks of consistent cardio once you hit your medium term strength goals.

Cheers my guy

Also, anyone have advice for working up grip strength? I could easily up my deadlift weight significantly but for the fact I can't hold the bar for more than a few reps.

This. I used to think think that i just cant gain weight and i thought i was eating alot. When I ate lunch at home, it was mostly lean meats and barely any rice/potatoes, almost an atkins diet. For dinner I ate some shit, like Mcdonalds or chicken nuggets etc. Never ate breakfast. I did always eat alot in one sitting though so i thought i was eating alot. I was 6'6" and 160lbs.
Fast forward to this day, started bulking 4 months ago and going to the gym 2½ months ago. I now weigh 187lbs.

Easy mode bulk: for breakfast eat toast with jam/peanut butter and milk. for lunch eat your regular food what you usually eat. for snack something small thats easy to get down, like a chocolate-waffle bar and some fruit. For dinner, what you usually eat for dinner. Evening snack can be something like bread, cereal and almonds.

Then right before you go to bed take your gainer and stuff down with force a frozen pizza.

3800+ calories per day. Its difficult the first 2 weeks, but after that if you dont eat 3400+ calories a day you feel hungry. After that you can drop the frozen pizzas and eat 3 regular meals a day instead + the snacks. Eggs for breakfast are also perfect

I've been just doing shrugs and static holding at the end of deadlift day, it's helped a little takes awhile though

Hook grip.

HELP ME WHEN DO I STOP EATING SO MUCH

0/10

February

stop having gay sex you faggot

how long between pics?

Started bulking 2 months ago
been lifting 6 months as of today
Since bulking here me lifts
BW 143->157
OHP 100*5->120*5
BP 160*5->175*5
Sqwat-215-> 245*5
didly- 250->275
I am gettin strang but i also feel like fucking fatass. I dont have my abs that I cut so hard for anymore. Am I bulking too fast?

been lifting 6 months, 1.9m 65kg. Is this progress ok for a skelly?
ohp 20kg - 35kg
bench 25kg - 45kg
squat 50kg or so - 80kg

I can easily eat a tub of cottage cheese by it self. Baffles me how people don't like it.