The grand discussion

The grand discussion

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/articles/squat_rippetoe.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There isn't one.

If you're hitting depth do whatever the fuck you want.

about what? read the book.

startingstrength.com/articles/squat_rippetoe.pdf

Low bar is for man babys who doesn't have the mobility to do a full squat

low bar makes you fat. and is easier. my high bar atg 2 pl8 squat is more impressive than a 5pl8 low bar.

>my high bar atg 2 pl8 squat is more impressive than a 5pl8 low bar.

on what fucking planet?? pls stop actively trying to trigger people

You got tricked by him so easily.

it's funny cause babys actually have the best mobilty

I'm not him but it's true. High bar is the legit squat that requires good mobility. Low bar is for cheating powerlifters who compensate.

no they dont they cant even walk you melon

Really? I've found low bar to be harder than high bar for me personally.

they can squat with the best of them

Lowbar is far superior. I taught myself within 5 minutes and I've gone from 225 in august to 300 working as of my workout in 6 hours from now

high bar hurts my traps low bar doesn't

that's because you're an idiot

I get numbness in my left shoulder when I try to do lowbar. I'm not sure if I have it in the right position and it's just compressing on my back in a bad way or if i have it in the wrong place altogether.

Besides that, I "feel" my glutes in highbar a lot better than in lowbar

isnt there specific research behind low bar being better and easier on your back? I thought it was just proper practice now to low bar

>high bar hurts my traps low bar doesn't
It hurts because you have no traps.

>i increased my lift from 225 to 300 by reducing my rom to 50%
wow gj man, keep up the progress

Highbar unless you're a powerlifter

>isnt there specific research behind low bar being better and easier on your back?
Is there specific CREDIBLE research? No.

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
>high bar vs low bar

Yeah that is funny.

I get lower back pain when high bar squatting below paralell. Is it mobility issues?

Yea it is probably because you are lacking hamstring mobility, or you are arching too much in your lower back.

Also check dat APT.

I enjoy high bar but it takes flexibility work to get there. Bad habit of pushing my ass back to compensate.

low bar is fucking pathetic, none of you are ever going to be powerlifters. you just look like a retarded toad in the gym squatting like a bent over retard. high bar is superior in every way

a 2 plate atg squat is more impressive than a 4 plate low bar meme lift

And you're never going to be Ilya Ilyin, you fucking delusional faggot. What's your fucking point?

my point is that you look like a retarded toad in the gym and everone is laughing at your pathetic inferior mobility and shitty meme squat. killyourself

lmao 2pl8 squatter detected

If you don't have the flexibility, your back will round if you go low enough.Your options are to either a) squat as low as your hamstrings allow or b) lower the weight and work on flexibility

Thats assuming that your form is otherwise decent

You look like a weak faggot with a superiority complex. A 2pl8 squat in ANY style isn't fucking impressive to anyone unless you're a woman.

Also >implying that anyone gives a fuck about what anyone else does in the gym.

i probably bench your low bar meme squat dude. you are the weak faggot

ebin troll is ebin

noob detected

As long as your butt breaks the plane of your knees .... WGAF ?

Bar goes down, bar comes up, you weren't pinned, you had decent depth.

>End of discussion

Shut up and fucking squat.

so triggered :)

Checked

It's not hamstrings. It's ankle mobility.

You're already deadlifting presumably, so front squat is the actual correct answer.

>if you're squatting then you're actually deadlifting

>what is reading compression

So where does the Kettle Bell Squat rank ?

You're holding it under your chin, it's in front of your pelvic area, your spine is not compressed.

>Answer me, you scientist !

I can't believe autocorrect fucked me this hard

Are you literally retarded?

>compression

>500 keks......

>you feeling the Bern ? (Bern)

my knees keep cracking due to squatting (highbar). is there a way to fix this? i dont want to fuck up my knees

One thing that was fuckig up my squat form was the fear of my knees going to far forward.

I have really long femurs (so long that my friends make fun of my body proportions), so my femurs start to impinge my hips right at around 90 degrees. I was obsessed with keeping my knees back and my shins straight so I compensated by rounding my lower back, and putting my head back.

Finally tried hitting depth how it felt comfortable, and my knees end up 6-8 inches in front of my toes. My ankles are currently the biggest hurdle in squatting 100% comfortably.

>tfw i've had a korean girl legit ask me this when i spouted out some autistic spaghetti once

Add some fish oil to your diet. It lubes your joint places, and reduces inflammation in your exterior and at the "exit station".

My elbows crack because of my job and my massive arms and close-grip bench presses and a lot of tricep work.

>wear it as a badge of honor.

I got some weightlifting shoes to assist me. Knee travel isn't a big deal. What matters is that you're able to be as upright as possible with a stable back. More knee travel just means more quad involvement and less hamstrings.

>tfw no autistic seobby gf to ask me what's wrong with me

Easy solution, my Iron Brother.....

Just think in your mind.......

1st hips ...... THEN knees......

Break your hips first in the descent..... lower the weight and "brake" with your butt.

You ankles will get stronger if you leg press --- but you need to think about "pulling with your ankles" when you push.... NOT "pushing with your knees..."

>hope this helps......

I thought you were always supposed to bend at the knees first until you can't stand upright anymore, THEN bend at the hips?

More knee travel means weaker groin and hip stability.... When they give out,,, the quads take over...

Stability down = stability up.

>Use that leg squeezing machine that the ladies use.....

No, no, no......

If your knees are over your toes (no matter what your shoe size is....)..... you will have problems later on....

>I had a sprained patella tendon from doing it wrong....

As mentioned,,,,, 1st hips.... then knees...

You know you when you need to "drop a deuce" / "take a dump" / "make a deposit ?" / "take care of some paperwork" / ???

You sit back on the commode, and not really down...

It's the same movement in squatting...... relax your hips and butt.... then explode upward and push down with your legs....

>a new PR

Low-bar squat? You mean... The Squat.

Isn't that actually a great book?

>you will never know the feeling of coming back to the world after a war and finding that nothing makes sense anymore

The kettle bell squat ranks on some white girl meme shit

If you're holding a load in the hands while standing, you're competing your spine.

You're pretty much just doing a front squat with complete bitch weight

It's kind of impossible to break at the knees before the hips. As a test, stand up straight and give your glutes a little flex to keep your back straight. Then slowly try to bend only at the knees. You should almost always feel your butt move back a little before your knees actually bend

*compressing

So, you're saying when I have *two* 40 Kgs. k-bells under my chin and I squat in solid shoes on a level floor.... it's "bitch weight".....

>each K-bell is 88 lbs.....

ear plugs

Yeah. I mean I'm sure getting the kettle bells up there and holding them is awkward

But you're doing a front squat with 176 lbs...

A guy with 150kg front squat who uses chains could squat what you KB squat in a week of practice. Doubt the reverse would hold true.

high bar compresses your neck arteries and lowers the blood suply to the brain. you can actually faint that way. low bar focuses more on hamstrings. do front squats if you want more quad activation. Ideally one should do both squat variations.

post moar.

an 80kg squat doesn't become impressive because you choose a retarded way to load it.

Where on your left shoulder, top or on the deltoid, almost like a military badge?

If that's the case, the increased humeral external rotation may be putting too much stress on a terminal branch of your brachial plexus. Try a higher up grip?

'
Why the fuck is that High bar "squat" a fucking half-squat with low bar form and exaggerated lordosis?

Why the fuck is that horrible form labeled as low bar? You your knees travel past your toes, you cannot and should not do a low bar squat. Fucking Boris Sheiko has squatting face to a wall, with toes touching it, as part of the warm up. THat is how you low bar squat.

*Too* high, yes, the internal carotid artery can be compressed.

Keep the bar around C6 and you're golden.

This.
Just like a DYEL who doesn't even lift telling you that people on steroids are losers.

They're mirin because even if he squatted butt naked he'd still squat three times more than that DYEL in the background

low bar is pleb. high bar is patrician.

I can't even tell if I'm doing low bar or high bar

Most people that don't know are resting the bars on their traps, so prepping for highbar. That said a lot of people keep the bar on the traps and preform painful looking low bar style squat mornings.

If you feel the bar lock into the little pocket formed by your rear delts, you prepare for low bar.