This crossfitter broke her humerus trying to set a PR and has a gofundme now...

this crossfitter broke her humerus trying to set a PR and has a gofundme now. Do they think these things are just coincidences?

youtube.com/watch?v=GchgF-Cr2bg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oOd_VaYDFSw?t=18s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck crossfit. They don't care about safety.

Kippers gon kip

footage is brutal

That's pretty funny

Fucking hell, how does this even happen. The arm literally just broke completely in halves.

What the fuck man.

what the shit, she pretty much drops that shit on the way down, no controll or nothing, are they fucking retarded

> MFW , each rep, the way the weight goes down

It's all about speed brah. You wouldn't understand.

Kek

I guess she was expecting it to land on her back while she was holding it but it didn't....

for those that don't know, the exercise is called a bear-complex.

NONONONONO
AHH GAWD I COULD FEEL THAT IN MY ARM

Ahahaha

What is that exercise called? When she goes from a ohp and drops the bar to her traps

Oh I see. Bear complex

CAAAARLOOOOS

stupid crossfiters what the fuck seriously. Now you gotta pay for your bullshit and hope next time you go to a normal gym and follow a normal program and actually have a coach that knows whats hes teaching, IF you ever recover from your bullshit. My jimmies are so rustled now.

She's just repeatedly dropping the weight onto herself...

This is what you get when you do stupid shit. Theres a reason you dump the bar forward if you fail ohp or clean and jerks and not behind you. Somehow the other crossfit dumbass who became a paralyzed faggot because he also dumped the bar behind him on his cj.

I'm surprised her shoulders or clavicles didn't break from dropping the weight like that lmao. Not only that. I expected her shoulder to tear from the way that fell.

>paying 50-100/mo for crossfit
>cant afford a broken arm bill

its not that bad youre just a pussy

heh

I've a day each week where I powerclean and ohp, I go fast and I track my times.

I know my form is far from perfect during this exercise, but this...

HOw in the fuck is CF so popular? WHy aren't these people just picking a program and lifting some fuckign weight?

All sorts of faggots on my fb post about CF and, while some seem decnetly strong, CF doesn't seem to have anything to do with their strenght.

Next up in the CrossFit games, paricipants whack each other wiht baseball bats.

uhm, okay

wew that was painful to watch. don't feel bad for her though dropping the bar from above your head into squat position qualifies her for a darwin award

my back hurts from watching her "lift"

>not enough strength to control the weight down
>repeatedly dropping a barbell on your back and collarbone
>"you go girl! so strong!"

OP here. Shes asking for 25k. Did she not have insurance? If not, holy fuck. AMERICA

Remember that guy that got paralized from doing crosshit

>bear-complex
>google it
>youtu.be/oOd_VaYDFSw?t=18s
watch that clean form

has that pregnant crossfitter killed her unborn babby yet

Because built-in competitiveness. Aka, being a cult.

Most lifters lift solo or maybe with a bro for life. Most normies who try doing that miserably fail after a week or two because they cannot keep up the months- and eventually years-long endurance necessary to truly sculpt your body.

Meanwhile here is Crossfit where the coach puts up a whiteboard and writes down who got most reps, then pairs you off in twos where you compete against one another to get the higher score. That shit motivates the average dude to the max and leads to infinite lifts.

And to terrible form, cranking out more reps although you're slamming them into your body, rhabdo, etc. It's the worst idea in fitness ever, and the really bad part is that it's got so many built in ways to make you do it ever more.

These kind of arm injuries(in the video) are pretty endemic to olympic lifts in general though. There's always one or two of them in big competitions.

This. There is a study Crossfitters like to bring up that compares injury rates with competitive sports and they claim it sin't so bad. What they fail to understand is they are comparing Olympic weightlifters, gymnasts, wrestlers and soccer players to people just trying to get in shape. A proper study would compare injury rates between crossfit and normal gymgoers, but that would be too skewed so no one wants to show that data.

Again you are comparing big competitions to people getting fit. Huge difference there.

It happens in competition, why would you assume it doesn't help in training though? Don't get me wrong though, Crossfit's approach to doing high volume olympic lifts is utterly retarded

Any other self hating fattys on tonight?

I Was 308lbs a month ago, down to 288 now, and going to keep going, was a hard first week but now properly in the swing. I cycle to and from work, 12 miles a day, not alot to a fitter person but its all uphill and fucks me up.

Im 6'1 so carry the weight a little better then a shortarse but thats no excuse to not try.

6 Days of healthy diet, then a cheat dinner on day 7 to eat what i like, then repeat.

I hate being fat, and to be honest i hate other fat twats, i want as fat away from it as possible.

The picture is not me, but a vision of a future without change

Post her gofundme, I need to kek.

But why though? What's the point of this?

Is this unique to Crossfit or is it typical of oly lifters? She may be going for a PR, but she has zero control of the weight from start to finish. She throws the bar up and rides the momentum to lockout. She let's it free fall during the eccentric phase so that it slams into her neck and cranks on her arms. She was begging for a trip to snap city.
>ego lifting
>any year

Her insurance probably doesnt cover dumbass stuff like this.

She was being a tryhard and snappy snappy. Deserves it for doing something as pretentious as crossfit

Crossfitters
in Oly its considered cardio if you go past 3 on anything but squats.
It's an oly complex but you arent supposed to do reps to infinity like this

>cheat meals at 300lbs

You're not gonna make it

I'm your height at 219, down from 270. Stay with it. The weight loss isn't coming ng off like it used to so now I have to exercise, diet alone isn't cutting it. Enjoy the noob gains while they last

Oly lifting is the opposite of crossfit. Low reps with a focus on form that borders on autism.

Weightlifting has one of the lowest injury rates per participant hour of any competitive sport. I think powerlifting is slightly below/above, but they're definitely the two lowest. Meanwhile, CrossFitters literally drop like flies.

crossfit is like 150+ a month in most places. it's fucking idiotic.

this guy lost his fat then regained it and holy fuck i never laughed so hard in my life

I hope so.

Wtf CrossFit is $200+in my area

Insurance covers dumb shit all the time but you have to have it.

>the new DSM will have a 'bear complex' disorder describing how people will do unsafe variations of scientifically managed processes in an attempt to boost ego/reason y/ reason z.

That is pretty humerous.

Can anyone tell me why this "sport" became such a meme? I mean in the beginning and in theory it should be combined weight training, callisthenics, and cardio for overall better health. Not some meme powerlifter with a RHR of 120 or a runner with a 70lb bench, and from what I remember it didn't start of so douchey. Soooo what the fuck happened?

lul if she's only asking 25k her insurance is probably covering most of it

Reading the gofundme it appears she doesn't have any.

Drunk old Greg Glassman got one thing right.
Men will die for points.

>People still fall for the cross shit meme

Yet another tragic accident that no one could have seen coming

>Soooo what the fuck happened?
Maybe they feel the need to do extreme things to get sponsorships?

Cringe.

>Crossfit is great

good vid
humerus/10

jesus what the fuck

>Humerus
Lol

too many fuckin reps at too heavy weight
know your self, ie know your limits

>cheat dinner
what does that consist of anyways?

Competition is about athletes pushing the limits of the human body. Injury is to be expected when you're really pushing the boundaries.

When you're just an average person doing some training you should not be under the same physical stress as an athlete. Esspecially since you're getting far less out of the training.