Yoga

anyone here do yoga? trying to teach myself from youtube classes atm, but considering going to an actual class soon

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Oo08UBe1AzE
youtube.com/watch?v=BSf1BFRcdxo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I do it 4 times a week in an actual class. I found that my local parks and recreations department offers a yearly membership for $5 that allows you to take yoga classes. The teacher is legit and has been certified for the last 25 years.

I'm the only guy in the class and the only young person as well. Everyone is really friendly and they all randomly introduced themselves to me the first two weeks I went after they saw I was actually into it. There's even some milfs in class.

Yoga is more so mobility and flexibility rather than strength, but it's a good compliment to lifting.

Also I always set up at the front of the class and I can practically feel everyone's eyes trying to lick my asshole.

Was big intp DDP yoga last year when I was a runner/ Started lifting this year and there has been less time for it. Gonna get back into it as loads of guys I follow online mention it.

Definitely go to a class. Your form is probably wrong. Especially downdog. Tip: bend your knees for the first few months and once you build flexibility you can eventually straighten them.

Once you have good form you will be golden. D you notice any benefits thus far.

The first week I went to class, my hamstrings were really sore from stretching them so much, but after that I noticed a marked increase in my flexibility and some posture improvements too.

I was already fairly flexible before I started, but now I can do a straddle split and sit in full lotus. Most of the postures and stretches work the lower body. My shoulders still need a lot of work tho, I can't match the teacher when doing the eagle posture or whatever. May just be due to having wider shoulders than the teacher tho.

>Definitely go to a class. Your form is probably wrong
do you reckon so? I was thinking this then I realised that I have taught myself everything I know about lifting and have decent form

Forgot pic. That's the type of split I can now do, although my ass isn't a poppin' as pic related

Go to a class bro. It's worth it. Plus social gains; women really seem to dig a flexible guy with some muscle or at east yoga women do

Went to yoga for the first time on Wednesday, was having neck problems and my hips are tight as fug. I did a 1on1 because autism prevents me from jumping right into a class. Anyway teacher was a solid 7/10 hippy and she could look at the way i was sitting and could tell exactly where my issues were. Spent almost an hour an a half with QT3.14 yoga instructor as she moved my hips and head into positions that released my tense muscles. 10/10 experience, i noticed a huge improvement as soon as I stood up. Going back on monday for another 1on1 then I hope to join classes to meet more QT3.14 yogis. Drink lots of water in the days leading up to your session and you will love it.

Aquire gf and do acro yoga...
Definitely yoga needs a teacher to be done correctly at the beginning.

m-more pics like this?

Ashtanga is GOAT. Flexibility with the power of a thousand suns.

not exactly like the others, but it's a fav.

My gf does it 3x a week, she took a class at the college. I was thinking of doing it as well on my off days, I heard it helps recovery

I go to a class once a week, definitely helps with flexibility and posture. Would go more often but my schedule and the class schedule don't match up at any other points.

>TFW no yoga qt to do freaky Karmasutra shit with

Why even bother to live?

I honestly think that everyone should do yoga at least twice a week regardless of your oter hobbies or workout routines. I struggled for years with chronic power back and shoulder pain from being stupid and over exerting myself at manual labour jobs. Three months of yoga 3 times a week and it was gone. Three months after that and I'm four inches away from a forward split. The meditative aspect of it has tempered my moods an I'm overall happier with myself and my body. I'm sleeping better and haven't had any nightmares (I used to get intense nightmares every two or three months) since shortly after I started.

I'm also a classically trained singer and the breathing exercises involved with a proper yoga class have helped my form immensely. I can't honestly think of a single reason people shouldn't go except for "hurr yoga is for faggots".

Also do please go to a proper class with a trained instructor. He or she will be able to adjust your alignment and help you maximize the benefits of your practice.

Good luck op, it's a great thing to do.

Any man who does yoga or flexibility bullshit is either homosexual or a rapist.

Yeah I use it to cool down after lifting.

something about grapes and coyotes

>ahhhh it hurts to stretch, I can't do it.... :(

faggot

think this may be the last one, but I'll keep looking

a little biel never hurt anyone

I was only baiting but honestly how can you go to a class without feeling like a disgusting creep? I went to an Olympic lifting class once and we started up with some mobility work. I was the only guy with eight other girls and I've never felt so out of place in my life. And I say this a a male nurse as well.

kinda yoga related lol

I know exactly how you feel bro, that's why I always go to the front of the class, so this way nobody feels like I'm creeping

What do they call this position?

Don't be a disgusting creep and you won't feel like one. I felt weird being the only guy at first but just concentrate on getting the positions right and on your own breathing instead of staring at the nice juicy asses surrounding you.

Looks like happy baby to me.

turbo thick is always related.

yeah that's it lads, unless someone else wants to help keep this going.

Here's one last pic that i suggest img searching

youtube.com/watch?v=Oo08UBe1AzE

This, just focus on your own thing. Sometimes i'll do the postures with my eyes closed to focus on relaxing, etc.

Gross

yoga form is trickier

though having a good grounding in body mechanics and awareness will let you move pretty quickly relative to the average

Fuck no. I already spend 10 minutes post workout stretching. It's crazy lots of people don't even do basic stretches

I don't have money for a proper class, is everything expensive here where i live, i've been teaching myself with youtube.
IT'S SHIT. I feel like i'm gone break any day

I want to suck her toes

>tfw huge footfag

Are you honestly that retarded, or do you think we're insecure enough to be triggered by your shit? Even the pianoman says flexibility is important. C'mon! youtube.com/watch?v=BSf1BFRcdxo

Who doesn't?

Thought I might as well post in this thread.

Any fellow ballet dancers on /fit?

Fuck yeah acro. Shit's fucking great

Still haven't acquired a gf with it though...

don't push it too har
don't try to do what they do in the vid
find the stretch and stay there
be gentle breh
shit takes time, patience and breath

There's a male only yoga class at my uni I'm going to start hitting up this semester, before I go to the regular yoga class

I think that if I learn some yoga first I won;t be so out of place in the regular class

Most classes are pretty good with beginners. If you ever feel like you're too taxed when holding a pose you can always just take a break from it, and some instructors will give you modifications to make things easier/harder. What's the male-only class, is it Broga or something?

Only issue is learning the names of the basic poses, like downward dog, warrior (1,2 and 3) and the like