WHAT IS THIS CONTRAPTION FOR AT MY GYM???

WHAT IS THIS CONTRAPTION FOR AT MY GYM???

IS IT WORTH USING? I want to train my core additionally because I feel it's my weak point but I don't like planks

Other urls found in this thread:

totalgym.com/c-15145-core-trainer.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Analyze it, and then tell me what you think. It's not that hard to figure out OP, basic problem solving skills

>WHAT IS THIS CONTRAPTION FOR AT MY GYM???
c'mon lad, you even have the picture
totalgym.com/c-15145-core-trainer.aspx

I see old people and fatties put one leg on it and move their legs apart like their doing splits but standing. People are fucking retarded.

It's for doing kickers

IS IT WORTH USING OR NOT

?????????????

Well

Bump

Yeah, it's a split machine. One foot goes on top, the other on the bottom thing. You split, and then you come together, and you split... and you come together... and you split... and you get it.

is it worth doing?

If it's the only thing you have access to, sure use it. But it's at your gym and I'm assuming they have barbells and dumbells, so you're better off ignoring it.

How would those train my core though?

Why can't you people tell me if it's worth using this

You don't need anything to train core. Do planks. It really isn't worth your time don't be retarded. If it actually did anything superb I'm sure there'd be more a ruckus about it.

I never really liked planks

My shoulders kind of hurt from it

You're probably using your shoulders too much then to support your weight when you plank

Try ab rollouts, start with doing them on your knees. Your pic is something Chuck Norris came up with a long time ago and it's basically just a way to use your body as resistance by sitting on the platform and pushing/pulling yourself.

Tried with a barbell since I don't have a wheel, I find it kind of hard to keep control

Is there a beginner core exercise? Maybe leg raises?

Leg raises are good. I don't like planking either but it has its merits, so you could try and suck it up but if you can't oh well. Be careful of any core exercise that involved a lot of spinal flexion.

Are you relatively new at lifting? If you are you should focus more on your compounds, squats and OHP do work the abs as they're stabilizing muscles. They won't get you a popping six pack but their contribution isn't negligible.

Yes I'm new

I feel my core is my lacking point. I get low back pain on many lifts. So I want to strengthen it

Are you bracing properly? And is your form on point? I had a lot of back pain when I squatted until I made damn sure I was bracing correctly and my spine was actually in a neutral position.

In addition to any ab work you decide to do it might be worth it to throw some back extensions into your routine if you have the time. Just make sure when you do them that you don't go up too high and put your spine into over extension.

I dunno man

Bracing - not sure. I try but I probably do t wrong, tips pls

Form - seems to be pretty solid it'd definitely not atrocious

How to ensure bracing properly and neutral?

When your bracing make sure you breathe into your stomach, push your abs out and hold it through the entire rep. As far as neutral spine goes, you'll either know when there's no pain, or you need to film yourself/have someone watch you and correct it.

Hoe 2 breath into stomach?

Just breath and don't let it go into your chest. If your chest rises you did it wrong, if your stomach poofs up you did it right.

Oh

My chest hurts if I try to take a deep breath should I see a doctor

Well that's a completely unrelated topic but it couldn't hurt. I had that problem too but only back when I smoked cigs.

You use it for your obliques and if you face the other way it works quads you fucking idiot