Wrestling

why hasnt Veeky Forums joined an adult/collegiate wrestling club?

-produces some of the world's greatest athletes
-functional strength
-competitions for personal goals/gains
-aesthetic/j00cy af

its like Veeky Forums isnt even trying.

>muh gay
>muh cauliflower ear

its 2016 and wear a headguard.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JoIhb_YHd4k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because its fairly uncommon outside burgerstan, eastern europe and kebab.

youtube.com/watch?v=JoIhb_YHd4k

i don't understand how breaking your neck and dying is not a constant possibility while wrestling

There are rules against those kinds of things but accidents do happen, most injuries are just dislocated joints or broken ribs

Is wearing headgear all i have to do to prevent cauliflower ear?

rolling on the ground with dudes is disgusting, and I say this with utmost respect for its usefullness.

Are adult wrestling clubs common?

Also I assume they're all guys who wrestled growing up and I'd get wrecked into next week

Submission grappling is way more fun

Wrestling is actually one of the safest sports, especially american folkstyle. Freestyle and greco could fuck you up, but it's still pretty rare there too.

>muh gay
>its 2016
Ok, something I don't understand: Veeky Forums is filled with homosexuals and /pol/ fags at the same time. How do they get along so well?

>rolling on the ground with dudes is disgusting
Found the closet homo

I wrestled back in Highschool actually, and about the safety concerns, a lot of the rules restrict what you can and cant do as a takedown. To avoid you know getting rektd. Really is an amazing way to get in shape, you think running is a good cardio exercise until you get a good 1-2 hours of mat time in. Whole different level.

Tons of cognitive dissonance. Homosexuals think they can be right wing anti-degeneracy. Just like how caitlynn jenner is against gay marriage because it's unnatural.

Disclaimer. Mine was Greco Roman wrestling, but I did enjoy some freestyle because it let me use some stuff I learned in BJJ.

The problem with martial arts for me is that its high maintance. After going to school all day its pretty easy to just slip into the gym, lift weights for an hour then go home. Sure, my body gets tired, but its still a rest from all social interaction. At the martial arts club I need to meet all these casual aquintances and cooperate during the training. Its good once you been at a club for a while, but since moving to another town for school I havent been able to get over that treshold.

Why couldn't they?

Head gear sucks though. Any good pairs where you can hear your coach fucking yelling at you what to do when you're in a pinch?

Seems like there isn't much wrestling at the adult level. Everything here is bjj.

Maybe if I was in a city. For now I will settle for judo. Seems like a poor man's Greco-Roman in a way.

Because 99/100 times homosexuals are hard drug users, pedos, and have tons of casual sex, along with a litany of mental illnesses.

It'll be fine mate, you love the art, you love the technique work, and you want to get better and the casual acquaintances will eventually become good friends. I totally get what you're saying about moving, I got really out of shape my freshman year at college because it was all new and bewildering. My sophomore year I joined an Aikido club (kek) and managed to get over the freshman 15. Give it some time, you'll def adapt. You make great friends when you spend a couple of hours going through exercises that make you all feel like death by the end.

FAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

ANUS EAR ANUS EAR ANUS EAR

I already do wrestling, GOAT sport. What sets help the most? What can I do to increase stamina?

In my off seasons, I would stick to powerlifting. When conditioning time would roll around I'd switch to Power Cleans, C&J, and clean and presses (I guess they're a proper term for that but idk) Just to work on the explosive aspect and get my strength from the big three to carry over to athletic movements. For cardio on your off days, I suggest running on light hills. Plyometrics are your best friend as well. Clap push ups, burpees, etc. Also man, practice hip heisting while you're at ya house watching TV. You get good at Hip heisting that's half the battle.

>Why couldn't a kike be in the NSDAP?

Not common common, but most college campuses have a team for wrestling but also several clubs for it. You could always check out an MMA gym, or a BJJ gym if you're just looking for a combat sport to make gains with.

Bump, yall cant all be pussies. Gotta be more current or former wrestlers on the board.

Only MMA and BJJ. Freestyle isnt very big where I come from, only greco-roman which has that retarded rule-set thats impossible to get into. Definitely one of the most grueling sports though. All greco-roman wrestlers that Ive trained with have been crazy strong for their size. Pure animals.

it helps, but the headgear can slide and leave your ear unprotected. rare, but it happens

It's the best fucking sport. There are few things better in life than physically dominating and humiliating another man on the mat.

you can drain your ear if it happens, just go to the doc.