Running in the rain

Does anyone have that motivation picture that describes running in the rain as being as good as fucking Marilyn Monroe without a condom?

Also, general running thread. What are you training for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PeaEDrAmSZw
youtube.com/watch?v=NkOwuoJCAuQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Combined goal of 20minute 5km and 1hr 40min half marathon.

I run in a vague attempt to lose weight so my muscles look more defined and my legs are no longer two jiggling pillars of flesh, although running has now mostly been replaced by swimming.

fucking marilyn monroe without a condom seems like a good way to have your dick rot off

Shitty noob here. Just "ran" for a mere 2 miles in 20 minutes. Whenever I try my nose clogs up, I swallow a load of air, my mouth fills with phlegm, and I feel nauseated. Sucking a boiled sweet while I run helps a bit, but I still had to stop so I didn't throw up.

Anything I can actually do about this, or do I just hope it goes away?

Keep going, It gets better

I'm going to run the Rotterdam marathn in april 2017, so kinda training for that

Pic related was running weather yesterday. Did first 10k in quite a while

Took me an hour tho

Fucking lmao runners are such edgy fags. Wow you run in weather some people choose not to run in because it's uncomfortable? That's so fucking hard core.

i like running in the rain.
but then again i love doing most things in the rain..

I like motivational pictures as much as the next guy, but this one is fucking stupid.

>Girl in underwear
>Misquoted quote
>Can't even use corresponding adjectives "bad" - "soft"

>boiled sweet
Did you boil the calories out of it?

I ran 21 km last week while sick, I got a cold two days before, I was in bed Friday and Saturday, I got up from bed just for the race, I did 10 km and felt that I was about to die, I stopped and actually felt worst than before, I had to keep running, I did an utterly disastrous time (above 2 hours) but finished and went to bed again

ran about 10k over grass and sand-dunes along a beautiful coastline yesterday.

i say about because i just estimate distance, i run how i feel, if i feel like shit i might just run a few k, but if i feel great i might go up to 15k. but i never run on concrete as it kills my knees, i stick to grass and sand. lately i've been working on my cadence to reduce the load on my knees by increasing it using the mantra (1,2,3) over and over in my head. it seems to be working and i feel a lot better for it

No, I ingest all five of them.

I hope you have a good sense of distance or know the area you're running in well. I'd feel bad if you were cheating yourself.

Trying to break 18 for 5k and 1:22 for 1/2

It's a quote from Bill Bowerman

>be me go running today
>middle of the run it starts to rain
>finish an entire minute earlier than usual
rain motivation best motivation

i've run here for 10 years, i know the area very well. i'm not cheating myself anyway as i'm not running against anything. just for fun. i feel improvements week on week but i don't measure them. the only distance i've ever ran and timed was a 17:30 5k which is an ok but not amazing time.

>going to buy new shoes today because by Sauconies are ded

Mite b fun

Have fun shoe shopping. It always sucks for me cuz I have wide feet and a low arch.

>run in rain
>get sick

I used to run 30+ miles a week, 8:30 pace. Hurt my knee really bad, and now I can barely go 0.5 miles without feeling it in my chest. I tried building back up a few times in the past but it was too fast and I just hurt my knee all over again each time. I'm going to be taking it nice and slowly this time.

running in the rain is a meme.
>pants soaked
>shirt soaked
>hair soaked
>shoe are soaked bricks
>mud
>water in eyes
> if its below 70 degrees its cold as shit

>wear nothing but light shorts and shoes
>harden the fuck up
And there we go

fucking awesome, desu

>catch cold
>can't run

wow you sure showed him

>what is hypothermia, alex

>Not running naked with goggles on

>believing you catch colds from being cold

Does the phlegm feel more nasal or bronchial? It could be allergies, or just congestion from your assumed burst of high physical activity. I'm no doctor, but try a decongestant before running. It's worked for me.

You do realize that being cold doesn't give you a cold, right? That's pure momscience. It's a virus you fucking mong.

this must be a meme or something

running in the rain will definitely get you sick

but it won't necessarily be the common cold which is a big misconception.

It's not a meme, it's called a cold because you feel fucking cold not because your body is literally cold.

Not definitely. Rhinoviruses like cold, damp environments so your immune system has a harder job to do if you happen to be carrying or collect a virus while cold and wet, but it's not inevitable. And wet doesn't have to mean cold - if you're running hard enough some rain is a blessed relief.
I used to hate rainy runs because I wore glasses: switched to contacts and now I love them. When you pass people with their heads bowed shrinking into their coats in desperation to stay dry, barging through the rain with your head held high feels fucking heroic.

Nasal, I guess? Pretty sure it's not an alergy, as it didn't happen the other day walking in the same places.

Guess a decongestant is worth trying, thanks.

I hear deep barbell squats are good for knee health

its happened to me several times which is why I don't recommend it to others

No not really...being in proximity of other humans is what mostly gets you sick mate, the only thing problamtic about rain and cold would be hypothermia

These helped me pham:

youtube.com/watch?v=PeaEDrAmSZw

youtube.com/watch?v=NkOwuoJCAuQ

I've ran in the rain a few times, because I wasn't gonna miss a day because of some shitty rain, and never got ill. And you can always just wear appropriate clothing when it's cold.

Shit. Not bad. Where do you usually run?

I'm doing c25k, just finished my first week and I'm already starting to enjoy it.
I'm a little suprised this program works so well, I finished my third run without wheezing and with leftover stamina while I felt like lying down after the first.

Thanks, guys.

>start running in the rain to prepare for half-marathon
>be sweating really hard
>starts raining
>sweat starts going into eyes
>eyes start burning
Hence why I started running with a hat.

Question for those more experienced than I am. I have wide feet with a low arch and find that taking out the liner when trying on shoes makes them more comfortable for my feet. Will this cause any foot injures? Or will I be ok to run without the liner.

Ran in the rain for the first time last weekend
felt amazing desu senpai
I wish it would rain more

would def wear a hat next time because of water in my eyes.. fuck.... that shit is rough