Never tried excercise before. 90kg/178cm. Thinking about getting into Crossfit

Never tried excercise before. 90kg/178cm. Thinking about getting into Crossfit.
What am I in for?
Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

kctv5.com/story/33273648/kansas-city-man-successfully-sues-crossfit-after-getting-injured
t-nation.com/training/crossfit-the-good-bad-and-the-ugly
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>what am I in for

I'm serious. Gotta lose my weight before I become one of those landwhales.

Hes serious too. Crossfit is a great way to snap your shit up. Read sticky.

Really? How?

Because it's an expensive, retarded "sport" not focused on any specific goal like strength, accuracy or endurance but rather just cranking out a bunch of chaotic movements with little regard for form.

"Rob Sullivan, who represents the man who sued the gym, said he couldn't do the lifting exercise the rest of the class was doing, so he was given another.

According to the lawsuit, the weight went up more than 300 pounds. The man attempted to lift it, felt something in his back and collapsed.

Then, something went wrong, Sullivan said.

"At some point, the coach came over and tried to roll out his back on lacrosse balls, which is something they use in Crossfit to roll out muscles, which is not a good idea. My client was saying he couldn't feel his legs," Sullivan said."
kctv5.com/story/33273648/kansas-city-man-successfully-sues-crossfit-after-getting-injured

High intensity timed workouts with heavy fuck weights and little attention to form, "trainers" are untrained faggots who can get a license to train after almost no training themselves, injuries are looked at as a mark of honour rather than what they are (something to be avoided), jock pressure culture bullshit when you aren't even training to compete in any sport, just trying to "get healthy".
Rhabdomyolysis is treated as a joke, when 50% of patients with kidney failure will never recover full kidney function. A subset will go to permanent hemodialysis.

Worth a read: t-nation.com/training/crossfit-the-good-bad-and-the-ugly

Do Starting Strength. I mean it.

Do SS (Starting Strength) but don't fall for the GOMAD meme.

do starting strength or stronglifts, they're basically interchangeable
definitely read the starting strength book though, it helps give beginner retards what they need to plan out exercises in a way that helps you work towards your goals
crossfit is a great way to fuck up your back and joints as well as look like a pompous twatwaffle

You MUST fix your diet first and foremost.

You CAN actually lose weight without exercising. But you CAN'T out exercise a shitty diet.

>definitely read the starting strength book though
This tbqh, whether you want to do SS program or anything else using barbells. Just take Rippetoe's dietary advice with a grain of salt.

You really should be eating a lot on that program. 4,000 calories a day really. You can't get big and strong being under 200lbs

>guy drops to the floor after being paralyzed from the waist down
>Tries to roll out his back with a lacrose ball

Jesus christ, it's like those nurses who bring you hot towels when you're dying

>Thinking about getting into Crossfit.
You're like a guy who doesn't even own a drivers license and says he's thinking about getting into drift racing.

You need to have a basic fitness level to be able to do the movements needed for crossfit.
You can't even do an overhead squat witha broomstick.

I'm 178cm and had 90kg in march. Now i'm at 68kg. Best way and fastest way to lose mass is diet. Caloric restriction. But if your joints are't fucked up you must do exercises too. You can't lose a lot through exercise, but you can keep your muscle mass.

Don't fall for crosfit meme. Hit the gym three times a week and do cardio 5-7days in a week. Maintain healthy diet (no sweets, no mayo, etc) count every calorie! (Use cronometer for that)

a shoulder injury

>cossfit
Have you bought your lifting heels yet? Can't make gains without them.

oh god no.

crossfit -
pros
>great cardio
>moderate strength gainz
>fuckton of calories burnt per session
>fun
>social
cons
>serious risk of injury
>toxic ego pumping
>workouts not built for progression
>muscle growth slow as fuck
>can't work out alone in peace

Starting strength -
pros
>fastest strength gainz physically possible
>fast muscle growth
>serious amount of calories burnt (thought not as much as in cf)
>slim risk of injury
cons
>zero cardio
>kinda boring

to sum it up - training doesn't really matter, focus on your diet.

>implying lifting up increasing amounts of weight and putting it back down is boring
>implying you can't do cardio on SS
>implying 40 airsquats and 20 kipping pullups burn as many calories as 3pl8 skwats

This is a good post, but as for the lack of cardio done during SS, just ran or jog at least two days the week whilst being able to leave one rest day.

you're in for this

the guy covered in christmas lights looks like he's having a fun time desu

i love this webm so much

Play Yakety Sax in the background

play yakety sax while you watch this.

>what is height

yes that's more or less what i'm implying. OP claims to be a total noob. most noobs i've trained with quit because 3X8 wasn't as engaging as actual sports.
you can do cardio on SS, very few do. again, OP's a noob.
i'm implying wrecking your ass with 3X8 squats will burn less energy than achieving the same amount of wreckage (actual muscle damage that will need healing) through 3Xf air squats.
thanks mein. personally I do SS and run barefoot on my off days for calve gainz, but I bet it's nice for crossfags to get it all done in one workout.

>Yakety Sax
holy shit i've been kinda humming it without noticing the whole time

that car rope running one is fucking 10/10