Recovering Fatties

Didn't see on in the catalog so here we go.

Started at 200 last January and made it down to 152 back in June. Anyone else have experience with alien bod? My pecs have gotten better, but my midsection is tough.

Also, do the roll marks go away?

Come on I know there are some former big boys here

Nice job.

Lost 45lbs in 6 months while doing shitty brosplits. Restarts gym a month ago and doing ss now. Haven't loss fat but I think it's because I made noob gainz and it replaced the weight lost by fat loss.

>Tfw was too insecure for progress pics

Hey that's pretty good dude. And don't be insecure about progress pics man; everybody starts somewhere.

What's your height? I'm 5'10 and can't wait for abs. My specs are starting to gain a semblance of definition

5'8"

I'm hoping a good diet and my wrestling season will ease me along

Which routine?

Started on stronglifts, currently on a 4 day routine until the season stars. I still pretty much focus on the big compound lifts

Check it bro. I just kinda got a little fat on my stomach still.

It's something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Holy canoli you guys look a lot better!

Keep going bro.

Thx. Pure hatred of one's self will drive you to change.

really nice
im 19 and started lifting like 2 years ago.
wasnt fat at all, ca 15% bodyfat like this typicall endomorph bullshit.
managed to biuild enough muscles but im struggling to get shredded.

is it possible for everyone to get shredded?

Stats, height and routine plz. Need motivation for the last 10 kgs

Nice progress, timeframe?

If you want it bad enough, it's definitely possible amigo. That's where a lot of people tend to fail.

Lemme get home. I'll tell ya then.

6 / 7 months

Started the year at 357.2, weighed in at 244.4 this morning.

Definitely weird, noticed a few things that people don't mention about losing weight. Your leg muscles will be fucking jacked from cardio/carrying around that much weight, and the fat around your dick will shrink, meaning your dick technically gets bigger (just more usable, available dick). Its awesome.

Went clothes shopping this weekend, bought a whole new wardrobe. Can finally fit into nice clothes, shit fits properly and isn't baggy. Depression, loathing, all of that shit has disappeared.

The only regret is that I'm 31, wish I had started this process sooner.

Good for you man, don't feel bad about starting late, some people never even start

Hey man, you've got my respect right now. It's better to have saved your life now then let it go from the start.

It's amazing how all that negativity goes away with the weight. Mind if I ask your height? And how long did it take you?

Thanks user

5'11"
Started on January 18, so 8.5 months so far

well done my dude; you're gonna make it

I still feel fat, the feeling just wont go away. I started at 90kg in march this year. I'm 178cm tall. I can't do much cardio yet (it's too cold outside, and I don't have proper clothes nor money), and I can't do lift heavy (my collar bone hurts, and my doctor said I should not lift heavy). But as soon as I have money I plan to join a gym and ignore doctors advice. I'm sick of being a blob of a man. ;_;

i dont want to lie; youre still fat. start dieting, and listen to your doctor. take it slow.

Thanks senpai. Should I go the lowest I can with weight? 59kg is the bottom line for my height, after that it's anorexia. How low should I go?

whats that app?

lift something

Fat fuck here. Please berate me.
>6'4"
>was 453lbs at max
>currently 330lbs

I got as low as 280lbs on a crash diet of no more than 300 calories a day and a physically active job. I relapsed, yo-yoed. Everyday I wanna shoot myself for fucking up. I only had 40lbs to goal. Now I'm 70lbs to goal.

I hate to ask but do any other anons depression eat? How did you separate yourself and emotions from food?

>130lbs at 178cm is anorexia

No it's not. That being said, you probably won't make it that low before you start having problems. Right now, you're at 152, yet look much heavier. Start lifting and continue to eat at a calorie deficit until AT LEAST 60kgs.

Myfitnesspal. I dont log my stuff on there, i have a google sheet for that, but I do use it for my weight/calorie estimations for exercise. In that regard its not bad

As with most things it habitual. Associating other activities with a depressed mood and shying away from food will eventually bring fruit to your labor.

It looks like you didn't miss the meeting, but you forgot all your papers m8. Learning how to eat properly is every bit about healthy habit forming as it is reaching goals. Arguably, you took a path much harder to your current weight than neccessary, just remember that you have it in you (that and a doughnut or two) and remember, lsd before liquer fractal thingymajigger

I sit down and stare at the food that I used to eat a lot and think about the feeling that I'm trying to escape from or cover up by eating I bring it up in my head over and over again with each bite.

I now associate eating with that painful emotion and only eat now when I'm hungry or when it's "time" to eat.

I've been intermittent fasting and I've lost all taste for sodas and snacks and like.
Even the feeling of being very full is unpleasent.

And if you're going to go on a crash diet then I suggest reading the rapid fat loss handbook and visiting the bodyrecomposition website.
It will help you through the crash diet.

BUT that will mean fucking nothing if you only think you need to crash diet over and over again to lose weight and don't change your relationship with food and learn how to eat better and eat around the inevitable(but apparently needed)bad eating choices

Look at it this way: at least youre 70 lbs to goal as opposed to bring over 400 lbs again. You already have a massive advantage.

Crash dieting produces results, but it doesn't teach you the discipline, restraint, commitment, and accountability that truly successful diets/exercise instill. I cant tell you how to diet in a way that helps you best, but don't deny the mental and emotional gains in pursuit of the physical. Needs to be balanced sempai

>made it to the meeting but forgot papers
You're spot on. I know what needs doing. I know how I can go about doing these things, I just get frozen into inaction.
I figured crash dieting was my penance for the years of over eating. The stomach pains, headaches, dizziness etc were all reminders of my failures. The more pain the better. Then one day it just made me...snap I suppose.

I'm just so tired of failing already. I hate to take from a meme, but the quote from the"just do it!" Video keeps sticking with me. "If you're sick of starting over, stop giving up".

thank you. I can only lift 5kg for now, cuz of my collar bone, it hurts like hell if i try heavier

Yes. Your relationship with food is 99% psychological, and actual physiological needs play very little into it. If you're willing to put in the effort and dedication you can redefine your relationship with food however you want. It'll be hard as fuck though. Unlike working out, which requires a few minutes of willpower each day, changing your diet is a constant strain on your willpower where even a tiny slip can set you back weeks. It'll be hard, but it's possible and it's worth it.

Also
>2016
>non-ironically buying the endomorph meme
It's like you don't want to make it.

Still waiting bro

Try some HIIT for now.

I think its more of adding things to your mind to distract you. Fill your time with things to do. A mind that is preoccupied with negative thoughts and only basic tasks like eating sleeping and working will stay depressed. You need to improve the 3 main essentials of the individual: 1. Physical Health – Eat/drink right, sleep right, and Workout right. Even if you have no friends, no wealth, nothing, you still have your own body. 2. Social Life - Get out and talk to people. Find any social activities that remotely interest you and get out there and talk to people. Make friends. Keep your mental health in check and realize everyone is the same deep down, we all have the same problems in some form or another. 3. If you don’t have a creative hobby, find one. Something you can pour your remaining energy and creativity into. And keep it separate from your work life. I know this isn’t entirely a Veeky Forums post, but a happy mental state involves more than eating and going to the gym.
Stay fit, stay smart, learn to love life.

Been making steady improvements on my body, but my face looks worse now, anyone else have this problem?

Former 280lbs guy here
Now 162lbs after 2 years. 5' 10"
I still have an alien belly, I want it to go away too. No pics cause no access atm.

220>175ish want to get to around 165

I've never gotten any congratulations pages like that.. Maybe it didn't consider my loss worth congratulating.

Im not sure how it determines that desu. It throws it up for me pretty randomly.

Looking better man, just keep lifting though.

Midsection goes last, roll marks go away depending on if there's loose skin there or you fill it with muscle. Just keep going. You will look better and better with time

189 to 158, 5'11

How can you be 158 @ 5'11" and look that big? 158 is nearly auschwitz mode.

dontcompute.jpg

158 is Auschwitzif you have zero muscle

>158 is Auschwitzif you have zero muscle

...and zero fat. So the point remains.

Gee thanks for the heads up man. You've got the goal body right there desu.

10% is not "zero fat"
The most you could weigh at 5%, 5'11 is ~170lbs. Unless you're 6'2+ you're not coming close to 200 lbs at 10%.

i'm less fat, though still a wide hipped chinlet

Your chin is fine you idiot

Lift some weights

Good work so far!

You look like a cunt. Good job on losing the weight though, cunt.

lel you sound like a cunt

Lets fuck.

>240 right now, trying to get to 150
I was 250 a month ago and I've never felt better. I'm heading to the gym later today

but if you've got the type of skin that don't bounce back from weight loss and you're prone to edema you're basically fucked.

If you have that bodytype (don't ask, if you're reading this you already know if this is you) get ready to tear your fucking heart out and pay a near-insurmountable toll of emotions and fatigue and pain to get there.

I've lost 40 since March, haven't hit up a gym in a month and a half due to moving to a new town and just getting out of a job that had me secluded from civilization, but anyone here ever sperg out from getting mires in public? I need to stop.

Lost 77lbs so far, so Im sure the last 40 or so should be a breeze. I feel better than I've ever felt in my life, and am absolutely ecstatic about it.

Still look life shit though.

hit the weights asap amigo. You can fill out pretty easily as you lose weight so you don't look like melting shit

Started lifting back in April. It's going pretty well, I hit lmao3pl8 diddy last week.

Holy Canoli i take that back lol. I can barely push past my 200 plateau boi. Well done

So true
>tfw former fatty
>have calf muscles manlets, skellies, and neverfats can only dream of

I used to be a manlet fatty, but now I'm just a manlet. Although, I have taken down bigger people in fights and I am slowly developing creases in what little remains in my fat and I'm buffing out lightly. I think I may actually soon become a strong manlet if I try harder!

Trying to clean bulk, but I'm a spic and oh god rice and enchiladas murder me on some days with the family.

>Hiding that qt face

shameful

247 down to 162 (167 in the pic). I'm 5'11". Currently at about 14% BF, and I've got plenty of loose stomach skin (it's not very visible in this pic, though). Top abs are visible, but I doubt I'll ever see the bottom ones because my skin just droops over my waistband. Cutting to 10%, but I don't think that will make much of a difference. Only got 7 lbs to go and I'm still not pleased with how I look... Really frustrating to lose all that fat and still have a bunch of saggy skin that looks just as bad.

I'm nearing 265, I'll update the pic when I get there.

good work. My friend looks like the left for 6 years and still won't even try and complains about getting no girls

>I'm still not pleased with how I look

I hope you at least know you look amazing by yourself, let alone compared to what you used to look like. In less than a year you've completely transformed, and that's something to be proud of.

I don't have a before pic with my fat stomach on display. Been meaning to start up a bulk but I get anxious about it.

Thanks. Luckily, I'm married to a qt3.14 who loved me even when I was heavy. I just made the changes for myself, so that I'd be happy with my own appearance.

I appreciate the kind words. However, there's a special kind of disappointment that comes from busting your ass to make these big changes and realizing that no matter how much you lift, how well you eat, and how low your body fat gets, you'll never get rid of the handfuls of loose skin that are just as embarrassing as the fat rolls used to be. I'm happy to be "fit," but I still hate the way my body looks. If I were to post a picture of my stomach when I'm sitting down or bending over, you'd never in a million years think it was someone at 14% body fat. I'm still continuing on, but it's hard to put into words sometimes how pissed off I am that I'll always have this constant reminder that I was fat (unless I get surgery). I literally feel no happier about the way I look than I did when I was 247.

my brother in law just got tribals over all the loose skin and stretch marks. Also if you increase the muscle itll fill in the gap a little bit.

I have never understood why people say this about loose skin in the stomach area, as it is the one place on a man's body that will not get substantially bigger with increased fitness/muscle growth (unless I develop an HGH gut). I could understand if you were talking about the pecs, quads, or biceps, but my abs are not going to get big enough to "fill in" loose skin...

How do you keep going despite how you feel? I'm in your situation with loose skin, but I'm worse from once being over 100 lbs heavier than you. I've been losing my mojo because of these negative feelings and focusing on how I'm really not happier at all even though I've lost over 150 lbs so far. I'd almost go as far as saying I feel worse...At least mentally.

Here's a picture I just took with my waistband sitting lower. This is 14% body fat (based on DEXA scans).

And for those who think I'm overreacting, here's another glamour shot of the 14% body fat that I should be so proud of...

Yeah, there's still fat to be lost underneath the loose skin, but losing it will only make things saggier. I just don't understand how I'm supposed to be pleased with my "amazing new body" when it looks like this... Does this seem like 14% in the low 160's to you?

I'd say lift hard, get hype and get your skin cut.

6'3" and started off as a lmaomegafatty

I don't have any new progress pics though, been too busy to take the time out to snap some. Maybe one day I'll be able to eat again...

God damn dude, miring hard. Great work!

I keep going because I don't really see how giving up would make me any happier. If I just give up and get fat again, I'll hate my body even more than I do now. Does it suck to put in the work (I eat 1,500 calories a day and lift for 1.5-2 hours each weekday) and feel constantly disappointed by the results? Sure. Would I feel any better if I quit and just let everything turn to shit? Nope.

Holy shit man, what was your diet and routine? I went from 265 to 179 currently, still have a gut and manboobs, not looking too promising on the saggy skin front either.

Here's another shot I just took. 5'11", 162 lbs, 14% body fat. 7 lbs away from 10%. Wouldn't you feel great if you got to look down at this as a reward for all the work you put in?

One more to really show off the drapery. Muscle is surely going to fill this shit in, right? Just a few more crunches and I'll be set...

>Nope

Sorry, guys. I know this thread is probably supposed to be a source of encouragement and hope for everyone that's in the middle of a cut. I probably just sound like a super negative whiny bitch, but sometimes I just get so fucking angry about the situation and I need to vent... Everyone in my life just keeps telling me how happy I should be because of all the progress I've made. I appreciate their compliments, but the truth is that I still hate the way I look just as much because it feels like my body is simply unappealing in a different way now. I traded fat rolls for saggy skin that hangs off my body and will never go away. Why should I be satisfied with that? And whenever I try to articulate my displeasure to anyone around me, it's like they can't (or refuse to) comprehend it. They just stubbornly try to force this shitty optimism on me, and even though I know they mean well, it just fills me with rage and frustration. So, with all that being said, thanks for hearing me out...

cuuute

>unappealing
>lifting for other people
That's where you go wrong.
Loose skin isn't going to put you in an early grave.
Unless you drink bleach.

I'm too lazy to read all that shit nigga

But I'm assuming you lost the weight recently/are still going through weight loss

The skin will tighten up eventually, but it will take time

It will also help fill out when you start adding muscle mass to the area

I refer you to this comment that I made earlier:

>I just made the changes for myself, so that I'd be happy with my own appearance

When I said that I think my body is unappealing, I meant that it's unappealing to ME. I never once talked about lifting "for other people," and I think the fact that I disagree with people who compliment my weight loss is evidence of the fact that I'm not in it for their praise or recognition.

Yeah, but dude, are you saying you want an appealing body to look at so that you don't regret fucking yourself later or...

Started at 278 in January. I'm down to 236 as of last week.

Pretty terrible progress (I'm 5'7 too).

I can tell you didn't read any of my posts, because you would have seen the part where I said it was ridiculous to think that someone could gain enough ab "mass" to "fill in" the extra skin from when they were fat.

Also, I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that you have not dealt with loose skin of your own. I have never heard of any person who has lost a significant amount of weight and had their loose/saggy skin magically revert to its previously taut state. I have, however, heard from plenty of guys who lost a bunch of weight, kept it off, and still had the same amount of loose skin many years later. In my experience, the only people who think that loose skin just "tightens back up" with time are people who have no direct experience with it and are simply parroting what they've read or heard.

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to be pleased with the way your body looks in the mirror.

That's not terrible progress, man. That's 42 lbs! Huge accomplishment! Congrats

nice, routine?