Get under heavy bar

>get under heavy bar
>sense of impending doom
>feel like my life is in danger
Any other skellys like this?

It never goes away if you're constantly pushing yourself.
Fucking squats, I hate em

I never use a spot for bench and I'm pushing two plates so every time i unrack the weight i feel genuine fear for my life.

heavy presses are the worst

Yea press is by far the most grueling

I don't either, shits scary though I'm not even at 1pl8 yet

>benching
>have no friends so I lift alone without a spotter
>unrack
>wrist twitches for no fucking reason
>weight falls to my chest (still in my hands)
>think I'm gonna die from the weight falling on my chest
>animal instincts kick in and I push the weight up with ridiculous amount of ease
>absolutely amazed at how easy i benched that weight when I thought it was gonna kill me
>finished my set still shaken from the experience

welcome to the human body 101

>we can naturally squat 300+ lbs, but we wont because we're fucking stupid! -body

Adrenaline is a hell of a thing.

>tfw I have to take the barbell of the J-hooks one side at a time because of shit power rack
>tfw bent barbells
>tfw rolled over shoulder with a torn laburm
>tfw scoliosis too probably
>tfw bicep imbalance

Just fuck my shit up

>first time OHP
>lmao1pl8
>first set
>ezpz
>second set
>mfw
never again

Don't use clips then, you can dump the weights if you start struggling.

OFC look for a spotter though.

Absolutely not. I embrace that shit. It makes me feel manly as fuck that I can sustain and move all that weight around by bearing it on my shoulders.

Then I squat low until my hamstrings are stretched and my balls are just hanging over the floor, then I push that shit back up. Girls love to watch.

It feels good to cut a hole in the bottom of your shorts to let your nuts kiss the ground unimpeded at the bottom of the squat. Girls love to watch.

Sometimes having fine motor control is fucking gay. Limits muh lifts, we should be like great apes.

>first time ever OHP
>doing 1pl8

you deserved this

To all you fucks who are too spooked of lifting:

dump the bar x10, then you stop being spooked.

I actually blacked out for a microsecond when doing OHP once but was fine.

Bench is kinda spooky doe.

You sound overtrained,

Take a week off lifting.

Also get someone to spot for you.

>>first time OHP
>>lmao1pl8
>>first set
>>ezpz
youre lucky you didnt fuck your shit up

Now that im at 2x bodyweight deadlift I actually get afraid to lift the bar
I have to psyche myself up everytime now or ill pussy out

I am scared of bench press as well

I started lifting 1 month ago and the key for me at least was to go slow with weights

a couple of weeks after I had my first roll of shame on 35 kg 3x10 and I bruised the shit out of my abs in the beginning I thought I had hernia.

yesterday I did 2x10 on 40 kg and the last set I only did 5 repetitions because I could fill the roll of shame coming on the sixth.

just do dumbbell presses, they're a better exercise anyway

>beginner
>sets of 10

SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE ISN'T DOING A BEGINNER ROUTINE ENJOY YOUR SLOW GAINS

this is what my instructor gave me for the first couple of months, I have no idea what I am doing which is why I am going to follow his routine, for now at least.

>first time OHPing 1pl8

i kek'd

I unironically say a quiet little prayer to good old JC to prevent injuries when I deadlift near my max.

>not being addicted to that pre-pr surge of test/adrenaline/hot blood/whatever

Literally the only reason I lift consistently.

1 ticket to snap city please

>35kg x 10

Are you a girl?

we are great apes you hyper retard.

FUCK YOU
I'm a grown man and I can only bench 10kg+bar

>used to be a pretty good bencher (very close to 3 plate)
>fuck up my shoulder due to shitty bench
>deload a fuckton and work back up to near 3 plate
>start being scared of fucking up my shoulder
>slowly regress to 2,5 plate max due inability to push like I used to

WHEW

I've learned to enjoy squats but I still get the sense of impending doom. Just do more of them and more varieties.

okay :^) don't say we didn't warn you when your gains are slow as shit and it takes you 2 years to get 1/2/3/4

also read the sticky if you haven't already

do SS

you would be surprised, this is pretty much everyone in my gym. Ive been there for 1 month and already bench more than 90% of them (lmao1pl8).

there are just a couple of curlbros who bench like 1.5 pl8 for 3 reps, then their buddy spotting them lifts half of the weight for the subsequent reps.

and i have never seen anyone bench 2pl8, even one guy who is clearly on roids and looks big and bloated as hell. that guy also does 1.5 pl8 but effortlessly, he moves it ridiculously fast. i guess he could do 2 pl8 if he wanted.

bodybuilding isn't the reason why I started working out but improve my 5k running time

now I have a general routine that addresses most of the muscles every other day.

I might switch to bodybuilding in a couple of months and get a more serious routine that includes both deadlift and squats.

I am 25 years old and yes I do bench 3x10 40kg, but I am getting gains and that's what most important to me. I am fairly confident I will hit a plate by the end of this year.

This is a race against myself basically, I know there are stronger people out there, but I don't really see why that should discourage me.

Yeah. At the start of every set of squats I'm terrified im gonna die or snap my back but by the end I'm feeling great.

Why not just start a serious routine right now? Are you afraid of getting stronger and better looking? There is nothing stopping you.

>do 1 set of squats
>180bpm heartrate

This is a feel I know all too well. Its not so much that I'm even worried for my safety, it's just that as soon as I touch that bar, it feels like something is wrong. I'm about to go squat in 12 minutes, wish me luck boys.

I have been thinking about it, I might do it sooner. I like the feeling of lifting hard weights as much as I like breaking my 5K PR. But I have been reading a lot of contradictory stuff about strength + cardio, like one can cancel the other etc, so I am not completely sure yet.

>tfw that heavy feeling when you unrack the bar for squats
>tfw feels like your spine is going to collapse under the sheer weight
>take in a big deep breath and go down into the hole and then push back up
>suddenly the weight on my back doesn't feel as heavy and it feels like i can stand there all day

Weird feel, after that first rep it's all easy.

Squats and deathlifts get me sweating like nothing else, I love it.

The lift I get the most dread on is OHP though. I can smash out the first set fairly easily, then on the second set I get up to three and can't get it up past halfway. I find it impossible to go hard on this fucking lift.

I'm only at 0.5pl8 for fucks sake.

I've tried deloading, squeezing my arse and tensing my core, really focusing on my form, nothing seems to help.

First of all, read the sticky. It has everything you need to know and doesn't overcomplicate things. Many beginner lifters suffer from a constipation of the mind. What I mean is that they try to figure how to do everything perfectly and end up frozen because there is so much contradictory info out there that it is difficult to tell what is right or wrong.

The fact of the matter is that as long as you have a solid diet and a solid program, you will make gains. All of this information, everything you need, can be found in the sticky.

And about the cardio cancelling out strength, this won't happen as long as you don't do too much of each in one day, and as long as you get the calories to compensate for the running.

There is no reason to wait, you are only going to kick yourself for not starting earlier.

Opposite for me, weird

Go for run

Once I've done the first rep, I'll usually do the rest. Sometimes it feels like you just described, but the rest of the time it's like an escalation of commitment effect. Feels like I've wasted everyone's time if I've warmed up to do a heavy set of five and then only managed one or two.

thanks user I will

You could always try doing ramping sets, ascending or descending. I know it's not "the program" but any extra volume is going to induce growth and strength gains with OHP.

t. someone who nearly killed themselves trying to get to a 2pl8 OHP

Use machines, safety bars, comfortable weight, and spotters if available.

Problem solved. Now go get some gains bro.

>takes forever to psyche myself up to squat
>finally unrack the bar and see that slight bend
>mind clears for a moment as squatting the weight is the only thing that exists
>do 3-4 reps and feel impending sense of doom
>do the last rep barely with huge efforts
>rack and wait for the lightheadedness and feeling of nausea to go away
>2 more sets to go

>implying you don't like the feeling of lifting the weight or dying to to crushing

I rolled 88kg off me a couple of days ago, and people have rolled far heavier weights. I don't think you're in danger for a hernia at 35 kg m8.

I was using the pussy pad for my squats and that felt great. But I was spending too much time adjusting the pad and making sure it was centered, so I stopped using it. The raw pole digging into my skinny ass back is a good reminder to eat more.

I like squats, hate deadlift

Same

Let me guess: you don't squat more than 150 kg or something.

I lift 120kg atg for reps, why?

It literally doesn't matter how much weight I lift, I always feel like dying after 5 reps. Whether it's 1 or 2 plate. My 1rm is probably way higher than calculated just because I wouldn't run out of air.

Does anybody get excruciating soreness right after they squat? I hit 12 reps on my final set today (Greyskull LP), and afterwards, it felt like my quads were crash. Sometimes this gets so bad that I will throw up after my workouts. Is there any way to fix this?

>when you've done 4 reps and are shaking standing up
>guaranteed to fail 5th rep
>take couple breaths, steel your core
>try it anyways
>get 80% out of the hole
>legs.exe has crashed
>throw/lower weight on safety bars with clang
>whole gym now staring
the worst

>get ready for chinup
>no way this works, no fucking way
>hanging
>absolutely no fucking way, how is this even possible
>easy as fuck
i dont know why, but it just feels like chinups shouldnt be possible to me. doesnt matter that ive been doing them for 6 months now.

Yea, cause that's not a douche bag thing to do in a gym. If you're in a home gym, go ahead and let the weights slide off either side. If you're in a public gym, stop being a fucking faggot and ask for a spot.

No. I have no fear of death. I am not afraid to die!

Do some cardio.

Once you get past about 1.5 pl8 the bar actually starts noticeably bending around your back (just like in this rare pepe)
Me feeling stable while that bar bends around me is probably the most motivating feeling I get

>paying for a trainer
never gonna make it

Torn labrum can be caused by improper bench form, look up how to bench while "tucking your sternum" (there's a good 30 sec youtube video with a black bodybuilder explaining this) basically if you're not fully shrugged every time you bench you risk FUCKING your shoulders

T. Labrum repair surgery 8 months ago

you need to make heart gains, user.

Lol no it doesn't. A 45lb bar bends at like 4 plates

Who shrugs? You pull your shoulder blades back and push up on the bench with your legs

yfw snapcity is around the corner

I have social anxiety already as it is, but man I spaghetti out earlier at the campus gym.
I broke my collarbone earlier this year and all my lifts went to shit.
I did 3x10 with 25lbs on each side but managed to only do 8/9/7.
>too scared to do heavy lifting because people might laugh at me for trying.
I just wanna get back to lmao1pl8 again senpai

>deathlifts

>3 months doing SS
>struggling with 1pl8 squat
>lol guise i reached 8/9/10/11 in 2 weeks ;)
I fucking hate you
And myself for being born in Auschwitz

Your cardiovascular health is beyond shit. Fix it.

It's very hard to progress on OHP unless you get the technique down - the kinetic chain is so long and the margins so small that bleeding energy is going to fuck it all up.

I yo-yoed between 40-47.5kg for two months, after reevaluating and correcting my technique it shot to 60kg in less than a month.

Things I also found helpful: do lateral raises every workout, always use the same bar (plates, too, if possible) - the large variance in low-quality/used-up weights will knock your progression off, never push-press or cheat during your sets - actually use your fucking shoulders, do 3X8 rather than 3X5 etc. - the extra volume does wonders.

should I do SS? I started lifting one week ago but my trainer gave me a bunch of curl exercises which I have started to despise because they make me look like an idiot

tfw I now have a home gym and use spotter bars for bench

tfw finally safe to actually push myself on bench

feels good man

>I started lifting one week ago but my trainer gave me a bunch of curl exercises

Yes. Or do GSLP - I think it's a bit better - but the difference very small.

this happened to me when i didnt squat for over two weeks and went straight to the max weight and squatted as if I was nothing.

You should also check out what you ate the night before and the morning of, squats are a demanding exercise and if you don't have many calories in your body then you're just not gonna have as much energy

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

>following instructors
>not just doing what 4chin says
Not gonna make it brah.

use that fear for your life to become a super sayan and destroy that heavy bar

bench in the power rack if you are this autistic

My lower body days are the bees knees. It doesn't matter how I feel, once I get under the bar to squat, my entire body fires up and I get in the zone (havent had a drop of caffeine/energy drink for 6 months). If you want some preworkout, just squat. Then again I've been lifting for almost 3 years and I'm more in tune with my body than a noob would be

80% is better than giving up. Proud of u anyway

Heavy partial squats from pins in a power rack can fix that

Agree. Much more intimidating than loading a barbell on your back. These two actually lift ITT

>tfw only 80 ohp
This is the first time someone has told me I lift, thanks user

My ohp is pretty high at this point, and when I was doing 180 for a set of 5 last week I was pretty freaked out. That's almost my bodyweight and if I dropped that on my head I'd fucking die.

For that reason, I just lift with machines.

>tfw my routine was to do 5x8 for every lift for the first two weeks
>5x8 OHP
>5x8 deadlift
fucking kill me

>needs to roll of shame 77lbs
>bruises his shit up

Tfw too weak to support petite dwatf qt3.14 rolling off your body post coitus. Tfw too weak for sex.

Dwarf

>if I dropped that on my head I'd fucking die.
I doubt anyone ever managed to do this, it seems impossible short of doing it on purpose.

>Any other skellys like this?

Sorry to break it to you user, but it only gets harder, you also get stronger, though.