/PLG/ Powerlifting General

BBC

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=drive_web
instagram.com/p/BLH0CtlD24g/
ktvq.com/story/33299198/montana-man-documents-moments-after-grizzly-bear-attack
forum.deathaddict.com/showthread.php?3911-Shocking-Rival-Gang-Member-Flayed-Tortured-and-Throat-Slit
instagram.com/p/BLBlczJgW6-/?taken-by=poutineandtheipf
youtu.be/plu9fweTxG4
youtu.be/jYcC0gSFmPY
youtu.be/7QNzDodmJRU
youtu.be/vzyzuoXHvGk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

don't know if this one or is more shitposty desu

In for no traps

full sized

Less shitposts, less traps, better plg

>Less shitposts

>when lith gets quads

helo is ths rel thred?

quick start posting relevant discussion

Can I justify Sheiko 4-day with 365/240/425 @ 183? It looks a little more balanced than the 3-days, which seem to have kind of a weird volume distribution over the twelve weeks.

fucking lith everytime

I love Li___ Caval_____

t. P___

According to r/powerlifting, 4-day is better at all levels because

>It looks a little more balanced than the 3-days, which seem to have kind of a weird volume distribution over the twelve weeks.

go for it breh.

>inb4 "reddit"

ok i wil poast

Living cavalierly

t. powerlifting general poster

Its meant for people in a higher classification than you and the testing is a bit less frequent but boris insists that 4day/week is better for technique development. So yeah run it

>Its meant for people in a higher classification than you
I know, that's my main reservation. Like where do I go from there?

and the testing is a bit less frequent but boris insists that 4day/week is better for technique development.
I've read that as well. And I'd probably drop the first block because I don't really do forward collapse when I squat.

So yeah run it
Probably gonna.

I sometimes train with a dude I know from r/powerlifting.

Where can I find this 4-day, I only found the 3 day on google drive

I don't have a smartphone

Sub SSB for front squats and run the prep. Honest i would do 3 day int small, then med then large and then do four day. Like you said, where would you go after that? You would be pushing your MRV at too low intensities on 4day and not push adaptation

afaik they removed the downloads from the sheiko site to get more people to buy the app

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=drive_web

Which, while a strong Jew move, is also still worth the 12 shekels.

Why are you trying to justify working harder than you have to? Have you run sheiko in the way that fits your classification and not made gains? If not, why not try that first? If you have, is there really nothing (food, rest, stress, injury, etc) that can explain the lack of progress besides the programming?

Not trolling, I just want to better understand the motivation behind things like this. In my mind Sheiko probably knows better than reddit.

Yes but I literally don't have a smartphone user and under no circumstance plan to get one

Bruh being "that guy without a phone" stopped being cool c. 2008.

I'd to the lower volume one, I'm not ready to go full Fil. But as has been said, Boris says four days is better, and just looking at it it seems like a more balanced program vs just doing a million pulls to the knees and hoping my deadlift goes up. Also, bench variants are fun and I like fun.

No it is not. The notes is useless, the assistance exercises are programmed incorrectly in the app (ie goodmorning 4x8 at 65% of deadlift max). All of the spreadsheets are online, just use google and save your shekels

I don't need or want one, therefore I don't have one. My phone can send and receive text messages and I can call my mom, that's all I need.

Some user even kindly found the spreadsheets for me.
Thanks lad

>and I can call my mom

Threadly reminder to call your mum because she loves you and misses you dearly.

also you could use more bench volume

There is a proven correlation between Big bench totals and lifters who on occasion, call their Ma.

What if i still live with my mother and she constantly calls you fat and too big.

>not having a mom/bro group chat filled with PG13 memes and family news

Did you lads see that Montana bear attack guy? Fucking nutso.

Call you fat, or me fat?

either or desu

Well if she's calling me fat I'm gonna stop dropping in on Thursdays.

This dick ain't too fat.

Think I'm gonna watch mean girls lads, It's October 3rd.

On October third he asked me what day it is.

how many of you guys actually do stretches? how often?

Not often enough

Hip flexors, pecs, hams, I would like to say five times a week but honestly two or three. Takes five minutes, my whole life is better when I do it, still can't be fucked half the time.

nn plg, remember to do your volume tomorrow

before every session

>tomorrow

You mean 5-6 days per week, right?

I'm the person who asked and I try to do it every day but not always. it takes me 6 minutes per muscle group and i do hip flexors, calves, and quads. I do 3 sets of 60 seconds and each side. I know it's longer than most people do it but it's what my physical therapist had me do about 5 years ago
but dont you know the stretching makes you weaker meme?

Before every session

That webm made me sad.

dynamic stretches increase strength by 6 bodorios

static stretches reduce strength by 4.5 isleys

AFTER EVERY SESSION

i do static stretching after lifting and on days off, that's fine/good r-right?

here have another feels trip

ok now nn for real

>tfw set 2 deadlift PRs today but still not satisfied that I didn't set 3

I mean I'm happy I guess it's just I don't know why I have to be like this

>less traps
Lmao not on my watch

this guy?

Fucker got lucky, mauled twice in one day by the same bear and he survived with minimal serious damage.

PLZ do it, im only a couple pounds behind your maxes and still easily progressing weekly, another fuckwit overcomplicating his beginner intermediate gains gives me a comparative advantage.

EZ instagram.com/p/BLH0CtlD24g/

good job Blaine

plz go on discord if you have time if you're busy it's ok

>google image search
>see some blown up face
>find myself in a forum dedicated to gore
shit

ktvq.com/story/33299198/montana-man-documents-moments-after-grizzly-bear-attack

forum.deathaddict.com/showthread.php?3911-Shocking-Rival-Gang-Member-Flayed-Tortured-and-Throat-Slit

I like this one

>deathaddict.com

huh. People are complex.

nop

>click your picture
>kinda creepy
>see .gif

Never have I been more terrified to see a file extension in my life

saw that video on reddit. wew.

lith how do you both squat and deadlift 4 plates

if you can squat 4 plates why not just deadlift more than that? a deadlift is just like a half squat except you also get to use your back muscles to help you.

Ask him why he could squat 4 and couldn't deadlift more than 3 :^)

>also get to use your back muscles to help you.

>Not using your back muscles in the squat

instagram.com/p/BLBlczJgW6-/?taken-by=poutineandtheipf

Because I'm a little bitch

I go on youtube and find videos of people snapping their back up from deadlift, then I go on reddit and find people saying "never get a back injury, it'll haunt you for life", then I go to Veeky Forums and see a "injury thread". After all that I go to see my dad who has a l4-l5 injury and i see how that affects him.

Of course it's selection bias but it seriously disturbs me when I have an odd soreness in my lower back after deadlifting.

Solution: Gonna swap to sumo

to be fair I'm almost as bad

my e1rm squat is 375 and my e1rm deadlift is like 395 to 405 ish

It's so disgustingly beautiful

>Swap to sumo
Atta boy

>Tfw just as bad but in the opposite way as Lith
Probably could squat 330-340, but my sumo is 430 lmao

sumo is good fuck conventional desu

I see what you're saying I'm a hypochondriac also. What's helped me is just prehabbing and stuff, and also realize that it's not even that big a deal to herniated or bulge a disc. Blaine Sumner had fucked discs and look at him squat. I know a guy at my gym who, 6 months after injuring his disc badly, was back to pulling 365 for reps and rack pulling nearly 5 plates. To be fair he did re-injure himself minorly last week but he's gonna get back to it next week

moral of the story is be safe but don't be scared

literally fix your form and you'll out squat me nigger reeee

just do a bazillion bodyweight squats all the time trust me it helps. Try adding in extra ultra low intensity volume (40-50%) and practice form with that. deload your squat also and fix form and your squat will shoot the fuck up

>moral of the story is be safe but don't be scared

Yeah nothing worse than analysis paralysis. I actually tried sumo once and hit my conventional 1rm in a single session. Should of stayed with it desu

>tfw you start training and the other guys tell you that you have good genetics
t-t-thanks

>It's so disgustingly beautiful

I'm praying the box squat gods will fix my shit.

yeah man I have OCD I know your feels

I once spent an entire week researching herniated discs and shit. turns out I needed to stretch more or something. i get the same pain in my leg once in a while but I just stretch and do core work till it goes away, and try not to obsess

and herniated disc recovery is pretty ez if you're not retarded. core work, spinal decompression, hamstring and hip stretches, and ultra light as fuck deadlifts to strengthen lower back

Currently working on it. Not sure if I should bother with deloading, I'm just gonna do my sets as usual and just cut them short as soon as I start to squat morning. Then progress when I finally get all reps in all sets without squat morning it.

I believe in you Poutine

>poutine has 9/10 face and a higher squat than you

JUST

Thanks lad

just deload. it'll be easier to progress. you'll have more reps with which to practice form. the weigjt will be lighter so it won't be hard, and you can do extra sets after amrap if you want more practice. you won't be as likely to get injured. and it's just smarter, yanno.

deload senpai, and once you fix form, increase by getting +10 or +15 on your amraps

>9/10 face

Oh you

How much? 30 lbs? And this is my change in form, first link is prior to attempting to fix it, and the second is my attempt to fix it.
youtu.be/plu9fweTxG4
youtu.be/jYcC0gSFmPY

Tbf you are quite the qt, just have to work on untwinkifying yourself.

have you tried not tipping over during the squat?

>untwinkifying

detwinkifying

Remember I used to look like this

Holy fuck wait, I'm not collapsed at all in that photo....

Oh jesus fuck what they say about leverages is true isn't it?

Yes. See >Dat belly

If your first time doing sumo is within 95% of your conventional max, then you are likely gonna beat your conventional with sumo within a training cycle.

>implying he's not

>270x9

I could not do this

wow your squat actually looks good now

uh you know what I'd say probably just like 10 pounds or so and work your way back up after a week. A tiny bit of good morning on harder reps is ok imo. squat lookin pretty sexy desu

but idk if you realize this but you're talking to your very weak friend from discord who got bullied off this general so you don't have to take advice from me because I'm literally retarded

Fuck me that was beltless too

Well lads, there you have it: being a twink fucks up your form.

no joke getting chubby(er) fixed my squat.

That was after 2x8 too
youtu.be/7QNzDodmJRU
youtu.be/vzyzuoXHvGk

>Looking good
>Sexy
Oh you!

>Weak friend
You're fine lad, don't worry about it. Shitposting between paragraphs atm kek

Posting memes, considering just doing my wednesday workout now probably make uni work tomorrow easier.

ok well nn lad I need to sleep now cause I have to do good on bench presses tomorrow

sweet dreams I guess

Compare to:

make sure you're under the bar when you unrack lad.

Fuck. I got lots to think about. Why can't squats be as simple as Deadlift or Bench?

nn lads

>deadlift
>simple

delete.

Nn senpai. I know that feel too well.

Compared to squat it's ez as shit. Commit to switching to sumo and you'll see how much better it feels.

>bench
>simple
how tho

>deadlifts
>complicated
kek just grab the par and like pick it up

>tfw didn't get a nn in return from you
;-; why live

>How tho
Arch hard, put feet as far back as you can, unrack (or have the spotter give you a lift off), brace, lower bar to chest, press, rack. Ezpz.

Nn famalam