You can only post in this thread if you've done either squats or deadlifts within the past 24 hours

You can only post in this thread if you've done either squats or deadlifts within the past 24 hours.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I squatted 30 mins ago

i did my diddlies earlier today. working on my form and putting my butt closer to the ground when i start

Prove that I haven't.

your glutes are small and weak... your quads clearly have no pump, and your hamstrings are a detriment to your legs

Reporting in, despite diarrhea.

Goddamit this sickness makes me weak overall.

should I squat til my back rolls or try and keep it straight?

ay yo what up, this thread is for me
keep it straight as much as possible

I can keep it straight below parallel but it fucking hurts though and hard to come up. am I being a bitch?

>tfw you lose tightness when squatting and are now squatmorning-ing the bar

Fuck.

Yaas! I squatted last night 4 sets of 20 reps. This is my second week lifting.

still too scared to deadlift. but i did squat

i dont get how you dont lift with your back on deadlift

you do lift with you back, you just keep your back straight, its one of the best exercises for building strength and a strong back

yeah im planning on doing it next workout day, ill make sure to keep my back as straight as I can

If I fucked my form and my hips buckled, i should count that as a failure and not increase the weight next time, right?

Way too much volume, increase the weight my man.

I did a few power cleans. Does that count? It has a deadlift in it.

I've been lifting for around 2 years and i have never deadlifted

yes. get stronger bitch. if you roll your back that is a fucking one way ticket to snap city

sometimes a good squat feels like a fucking back workout tbqh

sit back into the squat (or at least imagine that you are)

Yes, not completing the full rep and/or using poor form is a failure.

Either attempt the same weight again next time or reduce it by 10%

I used to before I went to snap city
Now I only do trap bar dradlifts and heavy leg press.
Can I still post?

I never diddy because it's an injury waiting to happen

I really like a good deadlifting session. Only just recently started feel squats mostly in my quads though, so it might just be because I understand how to use my body to pick an object off the ground better still.

For people who deadlift. Do you guys do full range of motion or just drop it at the top?

I drop at the top for higher weight because I feel like I like the explosive lift then drop feeling. But I feel like full range of motion is the better workout.

i'm split
when i diddly i usually go full range of motion, but its far more tiring and occasionally leads me to arch my back
i always hold my last rep for as long as possible, though thats getting more difficult, really need to work on grip strength

watch alan thrall vids on yt

he explains it in simple manner

Did squats 21 hours ago. 285x5. Just 30 more to go before 3pl8s for reps.

Reporting for duty.
Beat my PR a couple of hours ago, feels good.

I deadlifted 25 hours ago catch me if you can

just postin since i do both today auuuu

Did both. I got up to 255 for reps on diddly, confirmed my 1 rep max at 3pl8s yesterday. Squatted 195 for 5x5 today, feeling like I could go to 205. Been lifting for 3 1/2 months, but am fat fuck.

I much prefer diddlylifts, only because I enjoy lifting large objects.

Just finish deadlifting an hour ago, feels good

I had finished skwetting earlier, my guy. 75% felt fucking heavy today, but then again I am cutting.

Feels bad m8s

Don't do that. Jesus. You're lifting with your back, not your legs.

Is it okay if I can't squat with a normal bar and have to use a machine because I can't load the weight I need without hurting my neck? Either way, I deadlifted today, closing in on 4 plates.

So long as you're doing the motion right and getting all the muscles activated then yes

Squats 22 hours ago

TFW squats and DLs finally click and you feel like you aren't fucking your shit up while still getting stronger.

Have you tried lowbar or front squats?

Just did back squats

Any lanklets here with a decent squat?

Im around 6'5" ... and struggle with 65kg

Its sad. I find them REALLY hard. Can i blame it on being tall or do i just keep eating and squatting and do my best

How long you been squatting and how often do you squat?

what if I did both?

About 13 hours ago give or take I PR'd with 4plate.

How long have you been squatting?
Could be the height as I am only 5'4" and I do more after 1 month of lifting, maybe being manlet makes it easier.

20 minutes ago as part of a conditioning routine. Going back Wednesday for the real deal.

Maybe your just weak?

Squatted at the beginning and end of my workout tonight, with my push workout in the middle

Depends how long youve been at it, I'm 6'3 and have definitely had a harder time with squats than anything else, been lifting for like a year and just hit 100kg for 5 the other day

I've found this video helpful for understanding stance and posture and recommend it to you lads.

youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk

squatted 80kg 4x8 two hours ago.

That was really informative, thanks

I've deadlifted for the first time 11 hours ago. I have back muscles hurting that I never knew that existed.

Squats yesterday

Both today

Fuck me and my gains

twice a week, 1 is strength day at 3x6 and the other is hypertrophy day 4x8

yes i did squats 3x8 120kg thank bye

front squat master race

I finally did 3pl8 diddlies for reps last night
Felt pretty good man

>working on form
>making form worse

loving every kek

>not doing squats and deadlift during every training session

>20 reps

do you just lift the fucking bar ?
put on a lot more weight. When you can do more than 4x6, you don't have enough weight on that bar.

what does Veeky Forums consider 1 pl8 ? (i mean the weight in lbs or kg)

60kg, as a 20kg bar, with one 20kg plate either side, hence 20kg. Every plate after that adds 40kg to the weight, so 2 plate is 100kg, 3 plate is 140kg etc.

Good lads, does anyone have the meme pic of a man getting punched in the stomach?

alright. That does make sense. THing was in my gym the biggest plates are 25 kg, so it was a bit confusing.
I squat 1,5 pl8 3x5.
I deadlift 2 pl8 4x5.

This is literally false. You lift the deadlift with your hamstrings, glutes and quads.

Squatted yesterday.

>tfw missed a 5pl8 squat PR attempt about 20 hours ago

You're both idiots. He's probably doing something closer to SLDL or Romanian deadlifts than normal deadlifts, which is why he needs to lower his ass.

Did them both early last night holla

But question: I go to a powerlifting gym and I'm like the smallest dude there. I pretty much only do the SS movements less the cleans. I squat just under or around 225 and dl just around 245 and ohp 100.

Even though I'm pretty sure my form is decent, I'm really pulling my heaviest lifts right now and I have this fear of lifting heavier because I fear I'll hurt myself. I don't have a spotter or anything. I was considering buying a lifting belt but idk if it'll help me or if it is nesecary at my weight lifting level? Or if the rest of the guys will laugh at me for using a belt @ lmao2pl8 ;_;

I poured my heart out to you Veeky Forums. What do?

Other than warm up sets, how do you guys prep for squats? Is static stretching and foam rolling right before a bad idea?

why would I want to though. this thread sucks

I think chinup supplementation is crucial for SL5x5.
Upper back and arm pull movements are the only ones in SL that are not exercised every session.

I've literally never used a spotter. I'm currently only benching 260lbs, and squatting 340lbs, but I'm not a powerlifter. Aren't there safety bars in the power racks? Not to mention you don't need a spotter for deadlifting.

If you go to a powerlifting gym man, most guys will respect you for lifting heavy, whatever that means for you. They'll be able to see it. You could get a belt if you want seeing as you'll probably have to at some point anyway.

As far as squatting your heaviest weights at only 225, you can always deload and work back up. Also diet, sleep etc.

100 SQAUTS CMON

Is there a formula for determining a single rep max from your repxset stats?

Yeah thanks I just restarted going back to the gym maybe a month and a half ago (that that I was huge like Mike before) so I'm starting to eat more and my sleep is fine - get around 7h a day

I just look pretty dyel is all. 5'11 @ 165

as for the spotter, almost all squat racks have a safety bar for you to bail. and power racks have safety bars too. so squat in one of those two ans youre good.

the belt on the other hand is for stabilization of the core muscles and gives your abs and spinal erectors something to push and stabilize against. personally i dont use them because of dem dere core gains, but people will lift heavier weights with the belt.

Yes, it's called, "Testing your 1rm"

pl doods care more about what you can lift, not what you look like you can lift. go hard son and you'll get big in due course.

Alright thanks fellas. Maybe it's my autism, but I don't like to squat in the power racks - feel constructed or something, so I almost always squat in the squat rack, and when I do, I actually step back so I'm out of the rack, because again, I like the freedom and feel less constricted. My back up would be to drop the bar behind me in any case if emergency (it has never happened yet when I've been close to this point). But anyway the belt would really be for protecting my lower back. I don't have any back issues, and actually lifting, I feel has helped my posture and lower back so far, as I think I'm doing the movements with correct form. But there's this existential fear that I may enter snap city at some point if I fuck something up or lose focus for even a second

the belt isnt for safety like i said, it's for stabilization of your core. if you have shit form, belt or no belt, you will fuck your back up.

and always squat above safety bars senpai. ive learned that lesson the hard way.

I did front squats yesterday. Doing back squats and diddlies today

Guten tag

Nigga get on a begginer program u 70kg squatting scrub.

I deadlifted 3pl8 for 5 reps for the first time last night. Felt amazing. Next: 4!

>tfw diddly day
>tfw mentally exhausted and stressed

deload if you cannot keep your back straight.

squarts

>tfw lower back pain after squatting
Never any pain while squatting. It must be the butt wink. Fug. I'll work through it I guess...

just hit my new diddly PR: 155 lbs

2pl8 here I come

Did squats yesterday.

Nice. Hit my 3pl8 last week.
>tfw 2pl8 bench, 1 pl8 ohP, 1.5 pl8 squat and 3 pl8 DL
Not gonna make it desu

I used to like deadlifts so much that I did them twice a week, while squats were more like a chore. I was just addicted to the feeling of moving so much weight. My max was a little over 2.5 times my bodyweight. Nearly passed out doing it and felt like nothing could stop me afterwards.

These days I love both pretty much equally.

Diddied yesterday does it count?

I can 2pl8 on diddlys, did them today. But the callouses on my hands aren't developed enough yet. So it feels like I'm just grabbing a saw by the teeth. Could only do two sets before my hands were rubbed raw.

I really wish they had chalk at my gym....

ayyyy

Just did squat recently but I'm not sure I'm maximizing my muscle engagement there.

I'm not very flexible in my hips. I get a little below parallel but I don't feel any muscle tightness afterwards which seems wrong.

Form appears to be on point but I need an expert to critique one of these days.

Did 170kgs for a set of 5 with highbar + Olympic shoes (stronger in flats). I was spooped but I did it