and squats if you're a beginner trying to gain SIZE? idgaf about strength

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xTDapcklnV8
bretcontreras.com/squats-versus-hip-thrusts-emg-activity/
youtube.com/watch?v=xB6EHn4H5LY
youtube.com/watch?v=S1_FN1MaI5k
youtube.com/watch?v=xMb18BuCEhE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you get bigger by getting stronger and eating food.

3x5 linear progression for squats

deadlift you can start 3x5, however as the weight you lift gets higher you are going to want to do 1x5 (with a lot of warm up sets)

once you finish linear progression, then you can start playing around with different rep ranges.

i would recommend 3x8-20 squat for a while and 2x6-8 dead (after you finish LP) not that it matters at all, and you should vary your rep ranges anyways

Doesn't matter. Get stronger, do more over time, get better at the movement.

but for rdl i got advice for 1x5 and squat 5x5 so why the discrepancy

What about for glute bridge/hip thrusts for a newbie? again idc about strength, size!

>What about for glute bridge/hip thrusts for a newbie?
unnecessary.

5x5 traditionally transitions to 3x5 when the weight gets to heavy.

i said 3x5 for squat and 1x5 for dead.

where is the discrepancy?

you can start out 5x5 instead of 3x5.. you really won't get any more gains, rather you will stall earlier (at which point you transition to 3x5, until you stall again, at which point you deload)

that advice is essentially the same as mine

hip thrust are amazing, and i do them as a replacement for squat.
..as far as glute bridge, i literally get zero ROM with it, and i feel it entirely in my legs, rather than glutes.

perhaps i am doing it wrong. either way hip thrust is the same movement only infinitely superior

and again, 3x5 linear progression (you can start 5x5)

if you really want to get pedantic, squats aren't """""""necessary""""""

..that doesn't mean you shouldn't do them.

i did hip thrust from day one, and now i hip thrust more than anyone at my gym comes close to deadlifting

no ragrets

squats are necessary for optimal progress and that's why you should do them. hip trusts are not necessary for anyone, ever.

Yes
Unless you're a woman that wants childbearing hips, stay off the hip thrusts.
If squats are too much, do incline leg press. Ideally fit both in though, your quads will grow and you'll have a strong man donk that'll impress the ladies.

P.S.
youtube.com/watch?v=xTDapcklnV8

im female and i want a big butt

anyone please provide input
this is what i want to do for lower body day, can you please edit it so it's in the order of how i should do them and put setsxreps that make sense for a newbie. for size!! volume and intensity matter

Romanian deadlift 1x5
barbell glute bridge 4x8
sumo squats 3x5 (alt: wide stance leg press 3x10)
cable kickbacks 3x10
lying leg curl 3x10
seated calf raises 3x10

im trying to build an ass and get thick, not be a bodybuilder
i know 3x10 makes no sense pls help

squats and hip thrusts have literally equal importance
bretcontreras.com/squats-versus-hip-thrusts-emg-activity/
>In the end, what I can already say with MUCH confidence is that athletes should perform both squats and hip thrusts. Squats appear to outperform hip thrusts in certain very important outcomes and hip thrusts appear to outperform squats in certain very important outcomes. Most of you reading this are probably nodding your heads like, “no shit,” but there are indeed people that think you shouldn’t squat or shouldn’t hip thrust…hopefully their minds will be changed when they see my findings and future findings of others.
contrary to the name, hip thrusts don't work your "hips" they train your glutes.

the core remains almost entirely unengaged when performed correctly

glutes cannot get too large as a natty (except fatties)

>idgaf about strength
Yeah good luck gaining any SIZE squatting anything below lmao2plate bro

>squats and hip thrusts have literally equal importance
hahahahahahaha

waaaaay too much glute volume per training session.

just... retarded.
you lose.
good day sir.

no seriously let me attempt to make a halfway decent LP

A.
1x5 RDL
3x6-10 cable leg kickbacks
2-3x6-10 accessory of choice

B.
3x5 skwat
3x6-10 leg curl
3x6-15 calf raise

C.
3x5 hip thrust.
3x6-10 accessory of choice

even this is a huge volume for glutes..
try to add 5 pounds (not 10 guys, she is female, females stall quicker, also read greyskull for the argument for a slower progression scheme - i.e. less stalls) to the main lifts (dead, squat, thrust) every single training session.

if you stall, make sure your diet and sleep is on point.
if your diet and sleep is good, then do a deload.

if your lifts drop (not stall), you are overreaching, and this is either too much glute volume or glute frequency.

if your lifts stall and deloads don't work, you need more volume, time to train like an intermediate (Give it at least 6 months)

you are right.

hip thrusts are superior

i forgot.
AxBxCxx
where "x" is a non-training day (or if you are having issues stalling, a "rest" day)

im only training my butt/legs really and i wanted to do upper/lower so it has to be lower 2x a week
can you make it A and B only? what is an accessory?

accessory is a lighter isolation movement (like kickbacks)

also there is no reason not to do 3x a week.

that is pretty much the same glute training frequency of every single novice LP ever.

only they would do squat where i put hip thrust.

well i dont have time to be in the gym 5x a week, that's why i chose upper lower so can you please modify your plan to a 2x a week lower body plan? i need to hit all muscles each session

...why would you go to the gym 5x a week?

because i want to do 2 upper body days and you had A, B and C

Monday upper
Tuesday lower
Thursday upper
Friday lower

How heavy should i go in rdl? I see someone said 1x5, which implies heavy as. Im really only doing them to strengthen my hip flexors. Already go heavy as on regular deadlift.

tell me what you are doing for upper, and i will add them to the 3x

splits are more for advanced lifters

if you are using them as an accessory for conventional deadlift, then you could do 80% your working max, and perhaps add in a second work set.

>splits are more for advanced lifters
just a follow up on why all novices should do 3x a week fullbody...
youtube.com/watch?v=xB6EHn4H5LY
youtube.com/watch?v=S1_FN1MaI5k

A
Squats 5x5 heavier
Sumo deads 3x6-8 medium weight
Any glute/ham movement you want 3x8-10

B
Sumo dead 5x3 heavier
Squats 3x6-8 medium
Any glute/ham movement you like 3x8-10

Stop posting these threads and get in the fucking gym. You have analysis paralysis. Effort and consistency trump any set or rep scheme. You'll learn by doing. Different things work for different people. Don't reply to this post with a question.

Squats and diddly the same day ay

omg but 3x a week isnt enough.

bench press
barbell row
ohp
lat pull down

someone said i have to do barbell or dumbbell curls and tricep pull down bc i dont have anything directly targeting those muscles

>no hip thrusts as a main lift
>not indicating intensity with any modicum of clarity
>catering to inferior training frequency
spoonfeed all you want, just do it better.

I'd poo in her loo if you know what I mean. Also OP is she from Dallas? I think this Pajeeta lives in my neighborhood

>trump
Stopped reading here

3x frequency is literally MORE.

you go to the gym less often.. however you get more training frequency

please watch the links i provided. the top relevant experts in this field discuss this.

hitting every muscle 3x > hitting every muscle 2x

until you get to a more advanced level where you need more recovery.

A.
3x5 squat
3x5 bench
3x5 lat pulldown
3x6-10 leg curl or calf work

B.
1x5 RDL
3x5 OHP

C.
3x5 hip thrust.
3x5 row

i am a male who wants trained arms, and i only train my bicep through rows and pull ups/chin ups

i only train my tricep through ohp and bench

whoever told you to do curls is DYEL

okay thanks for your help
i just dont have anything to put in those accessory slots other than cable kickbacks

is there another glute isolation exercise?
also, what if i wanted to swap deep squat for wide stance leg press? how many setsxreps?

dont calves have to be more than 3x10 though?
also, are the exercises in the right order?

>reverse hyperextension
>hyperextension
>good morning
>single leg hip thrust or band hip thrust
>pendulum quadruped hip extension
>kneeling squat
you can find more on google i am sure, i like those, though.
you don't HAVE to do accessories there, i just left you the option to customize the routine if you want.

>what if i wanted to swap deep squat for wide stance leg press? how many setsxreps?
then do it.. same setsxreps.

some might get more glute activation on the leg press, others on the squat.

however if joint/hip health is a concern, you should squat regularly.

>dont calves have to be more than 3x10 though?
nope.
what does actually matter with calves is this:
youtube.com/watch?v=xMb18BuCEhE
I.E. actually lifting with your calf muscle, not your achilles tendon.

exercises are in the recommended order (heaviest/most fullbody exercises first, lighter, more isolated exercises last), however you can change the order if you want to prioritize a specific lift (i.e. if you want to drive your OHP up, you could do that first)

i highly recommend you do a 3-5 minute "warm up" of bodyweight glute exercises to kinda start up the neuromuscular connection to your glutes, and just slightly pre-fatigue them, ensuring they are working the hardest during your glute exercises

post glutes

im surprised... a helpful user. thanks so much :)

stop making your newfaggotry so blatant

nah im good

do you think i care? i just want a decent routine so I don't have to read "DO STARTING STRENGTH"

why do you not wanna do starting strength?

the routine i recommended you is essentially ss except no squat on deadlift day, and one of the squats is replaced with hip thrust

you totally should read it. it has tons of fantastic info

just ignore what mark says regarding nutrition and olympic lifts

am i misreading that in saying that if i am aiming to do cardio, there is no reason to go over 20 reps?

that seems... off.

i do cardio deadlifting 95 pounds as part of a complex, and that is WAAAAY lower than my 20rm.

still is great cardio.

surely that would still operate almost exclusively out of the glycolytic and atp/cp systems, right?
i find it hard to fathom that lifting .5pl8 for reps is oxidative.

I wanted a more butt and leg focused routine. I don't like generic programs too.

>tfw no Veeky Forums shitskin qt

Well you are retarded for having special snowflake syndrome

>ss
>not glute and leg-focused
Pick one

>idgaf about strength
Not gonna make it. You are not gonna get big by lifting pussy weights regardless of how many reps

I want a glute and leg focused routine. I'm going to do the ABC routine a person posted and add glute exercises to it.

Why do dumb fucks like you think you're going to be get big by moving bitch weight?

wait! why only lats 1x a week?

rdl is a accessorie squeezing out some contraction, id do it at higher rep ranges and more sets

why dont you go 7 days a week dyel