Whey flavors

Why are all the whey flavors sweet? I don't even like sweet. I'm sure many of you who have cut out sugary bullshit have lost their sweet tooth as well.

I mean, they don't taste bad, but sweet just doesn't go with meals. I've heard unflavored whey tastes like ass. Not that I can get my hands on any.

I love milk. Ideally I'd have a whey with no taste at all and just get all the milky goodness in.

What's your input on this, user?

I love the chocolate malt

there are plenty of brands offering unflavored whey

>Double Rich

Unflavored master race

Oh wow, you're right. I must've overlooked it.

Is there really no taste at all?

What do you want? BBQ flavored? Idon't think there is much of a market for that. Sweet is easy to do, so that's what they go with. There are seriously like 50 unflavored options out there: slightly sweet tasting for whey but nothing like these flavors

>BBQ flavored

That sounds awesome.

In theory, a zesty cheddar whey shake should work.

It does have a taste, just no flavoring added. It's good because you can make it taste how you want.

Sucralose is bad for you. Go natural unflavoured. Never go back

I make my own powders so fucking root bear float

I would also love to find an unflavored whey protein that is not twice as expensive per gram of protein as ON Gold Standard. The only reason to use whey at all is because it's cheap, but all of the "natural" whey proteins are so expensive that you may as well just eat a lot of steak. Wouldn't it be cheaper for ON to sell me the same product that I buy now, but without the Splenda and chocolate powder? That's all I want.

The only recommendation in this thread so far is this one , and it does not seem to be available in the U.S.

Sprouts sells bulk unflavored whey isolate try there.

What Brands do you use Veeky Forums

MyProtein will ship to the USA. They make unflavored whey isolate and often have sales that bring it down cheaper than ON.

>not making your own whey
Confirmed never going to make it

Scratch that. A bit of googling reveals that it is available in the U.S, just not via Amazon, and it's not terribly expensive.

I had looked at it before, but found it to be too expensive. Today it is not bad. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Friendly reminder that all whey protein is exactly the same and that you only pay for flavouring and marketing

myprotein had a sale earlier, don't know if its still going or not, but I bought 11 lbs of whey for ~$60.

Jarrow unflavored. I get it for less than 19$ on amazon.

I buy a fuck ton of unflavoured powder in bulk and blend it into homemade soups.

>chicken and spinach protein soup FTW

Living the dream.

>there will never be an alfredo flavored whey protein.