QTDDOT

QTDDOT: cutting edition

last thread died Anyone notice some negative effects from cutting. I was driving the other day and i was losing focus quite easily. Also i feel my arms tingling a bit, is that normal on cut?

Other urls found in this thread:

fitmencook.com/dont-ever-stretch-your-hamstrings-unless-you-read-this/)
iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wtf does CBT mean, and why ate there always 2threads at any given time

>Wtf does CBT mean
Current Body Thread. How meme tier are resistance bands?

Bands are good for stretching and warm ups. And that's it

not very, they're actually pretty useful. You can do negative pull-up/chin-ups without a gay ass machine and it mimics the movement of pull ups a lot better. Also almost every powerlifter and weightlifter uses them to warm up.

When should i work in rotator cuff work.

how many warm-up sets you all do for heavy compounds?
how to tell when your warm-up sets are efficient?

From prev thread
Rippletits told me not doing SS exactly to the letter will kill my gainz
Does this mean adding chinups will kill my gainz?

SS has chin-ups. stop saying "gainz" it makes me want to punch you in the teeth.

Huh desu I never looked that far ahead. So I should just wait until I get to that point? Is there a detriment to just doing chinups now?

Is it bad to do 5x5 deadlifts as a noob? more volume is good but there must be a reason why programs tell you to only do 1x5 right?

i do 3x15 deadlifts. its alot better for my traps and lower back.

Is it bad to do HIIT (100m sprints) before working out?

It's usually an hour and a half to two hours before I go to the gym.

At what age did your chest hair became noticeable?

I'm 20 years old now and i still have no chest hair. Am i low test? What do?

Are dumbbell flyes worth it? I heard they are unsafe and that using cables is better, but I workout at home and dont got any cables. SHould I just stick to bench press ?

How much time do you spend to do deadlifts or squats? Including warmup.

You can get more chest hair through your whole life. but you are just low body hair gene. Some girls prefer it anyway

Bamp I also want to know
I've heard you should cardio after lifting so you don't have dangerously fatigued form during lifting
But I get too sore after lifting to run anywhere near what you need for HIIT

My gym has one of these, or similar. Are the inner bars in between the pullup grips the same as a chin up essentially? I can't do a pullup, but I can do a couple of those if I give myself a boost with a hop up (6'1" not a manlet, just DYEL)

If I am having trouble doing 5 for ohp at 60 lbs, should I deload to 55 and do it for 8 reps on ss instead of getting fractional plates?

chest hair is determined by your genes, dont worry about your test levels.
Most men shave it anyway so you are lucky

This guy (fitmencook.com/dont-ever-stretch-your-hamstrings-unless-you-read-this/) says not to stretch hamstrings even on off days unless using a foam roller. Is it true? Do hamstring stretches not improve mobility for back squats/deadlifts?

worked out for 8 months a couple years ago and didnt get much, probably because i didnt and dont generally eat much.

i know the obvious answer is to just eat more food, but would protein powders help? would they at least help improve my appetite?

putting aside the cost of eating the amount of calories each day aside

>inner bars
That's a neutral grip pull-up. It's just easier on your muscles if you have a hard time doing standard pull or chin ups.

How do I increase my trap size without deadlifting?

Looking for a pair of unbranded (or at least minimal), single color gym shorts in the 6-8" range. Anyone have recs?

heavy shrugs

Skimming his clickbait article, the main point seems to be to avoid static stretches without warming up - which is true. Stretch after a small jog or post workout.

Help plz

yes

It is easier to consume calories via drinking than eating. it wont increase your appetite really.
If you are having trouble hitting your calorie goals, i certainly recommend using protein powder shakes and some peanut butter to help spike your calorie count.

I would leave any intense cardio for off-days, doing light cardio on lifting days.
you can try it if you wish, but i wouldnt.

Depends, warmup and 4 set of actual weight probably takes me about 10 minutes total. I am not much of one for long breaks between sets though.

Which sport is the best for working out most your body? I heard swimming is the best for this but, I dunno.

recommendations on protein then? will it help muscle development or is it just a scam/meme?

i have to import or buy online because you dont typically see that shit sold here (japan) and they dont have much in the way of protein outside of fish. and id rather drink pure protein than eat fish

Bump for this

How do Natural limits work?

There's a limit to how big you can get naturally, I know this. But how long does it take to reach that? If you start late (I'm 30) can you never reach that limit unless you had started many years ago? Or could I just lift for 10 years and by the time I'm 40 I'll have all the muscle I can possibly gain?

>warm-up sets
not gonna make it

Swimming is good
Rock climbing is also pretty good

It won't make you suddenly ripped or anything.
You should be aiming for 1g of protein per pound of *lean body mass* (this is not your weight), which should be relatively achievable via somewhat planned eating.
If you are having trouble getting to that amount, or having trouble getting to the calorie goal that is where protein powder comes into play.
Gold Standard is a good brand.
Doesn't Japan like chicken a decent amount? chicken is good amounts of protein.

I think they are fine, but it certainly is an exercise that you should not try to show off on. So what if you are using 10-15lb weights? make sure you are getting full ROM and can complete the sets without having to drop the weight

Because of lowered natural hormones (not as much T) you will probably never get to the largest you could have been natty, but you can certainly get to the natural limit of your current body if you train hard for 5+ years

I do a 1x5 warmup set before all my compounds to get any cracks out.

5'8 Skinny fat, only have fat in belly.
Went to TDEEcalculator said I have to eat 2,983 calorie for maintenance and to cut is -500. How accurate is this? That is a lot of calories man, and I also need 248gProtein, wouldn't that fuck up my liver?

When should I be moving away from machines and on to free weights? Been going to the gym for a couple of months now and made decent progress with both how much cardio I can do and how much weight I can move on the machines.

I don't have a clue what to do with free weights, but I keep seeing here that they are better.

Once I read that limit, is it not possible to gain anymore muscle, even at a slow rate of like a pound of lean mass a year?

I miss her, lads I miss her so much

She doesn't miss you.

Just keep working out until you nail down form or it feels easy. Free weights are basically the same movements as machines minus the ability to break form outside of squirming in the seat or completely misusuing it.

Look up free weight or compound lifts and start with 3x8 of compounds and 3-4 other lifts

That seems pretty high for maintenance, how active are you? I have seen guys on here with higher though.
Where are you getting the 248g from? thats definitely not right.
its supposed to be 1g per pound of lean body mass, not total weight.

yes, just significantly slower but as you continue to age, your natural test continues to drop, the decay/gain would probably balance out till your 50s and then youd start to lose more than you gain unless you start on TRT.

Right away.
Form is very important to not hurt yourself. consider asking a trainer at the gym to check your form, watch videos online about it, use sticks/pvc/ empty bars to get form down first.

Idle hands are the devils workshop. busy yourself, busy your mind, leave thoughts of her behind.

gymnastics, mma

>That seems pretty high for maintenance, how active are you? I have seen guys on here with higher though.
>Where are you getting the 248g from? thats definitely not right.
>its supposed to be 1g per pound of lean body mass, not total weight.
Getting that from TDEECALCULATOR.NET.

I put in 3-5 days moderate exercise, those are the days I go to the gym to do compound lifts 3 days, the other days I am just laying around being a lazy kunt, maybe do cardio for 30 minutes but that's it.

try this one instead
iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

Doing SL5x5, but my barbell row is lacking. I feel like I'm using momentum to pull the bar up and then not using my back properly, but the only way to really focus on using my back is to use pitifully low weights. Should I switch to dumbbell row?

Gave me nearly the same amount of calories, but no info on protein/fats/carbs like tdeecalculator.

Can i bulk on burek?

>pitifully low weights
the gym is not a place for your self-esteem to rule over the right way to do things.
if you need to do low weight to do it properly, then do low weight.

Well if two sites confirmed that as your TDEE I would trust it. If you feel thats a little too high, you can do a -600 cut.
I will maintain that 248g is way too high.

>Well if two sites confirmed that as your TDEE I would trust it. If you feel thats a little too high, you can do a -600 cut.
Yeh I might just do that, thanks.

>I will maintain that 248g is way too high.
But will my kidneys make it, senpai?

I dont believe you will have any issues with youe kidneys, but you should check in with some other calculators on that amount because it aint right.

protein should be 1g per pound of lean body mass, you dont need 248g unless you are like 280lb, 5%

So, I did something wrong while doing squats.
Most probably sticking my ass too far out on one session.

Now my right knee is tingly. And it has been like this for a week and a half.
I stopped squatting three or four days after my knee started complaining, but continued doing other exercises (deadlifts included).

What exercises are safe for me to do while my knee gets well?

My usual routine is Reg Parks aka squats, deads, OHP, rows, bench and some accessories.

>right knee is still tingly after a week and a half
consider checking with a doctor if it makes it to two weeks.

Alright, gonna do some more research.

I've been going to the gym for only 3 weeks now. The other day I did squats and OHP, asked the gym's PT to check my form and he said it was fine, but now I'm getting some pain on my upper back, and when I jog it feels like it hurts in my stomach or something.

I can still squat and such but it hurts the most when I jog for some reason.

I did lift in the past years ago and I can recognise bad form pains since they were usually lower back, so Im confused at these.

i did 110kg bench presses on monday, since yesterday my right shoulder has felt a bit funny, it doesn't hurt, but it doesn't feel right either, my form probably wasn't on point

anyone got an idea what it could be? can i lift today or should i stay off it until it goes back to feeling normal?

Lol at age 16 I had chest hair you pussy

I get excessively bad doms the first couple of weeks back to working out after stopping for a while, it could simply be that.
If the pain continues, consider seeing a doctor.

Probably just soreness, but I would refrain from aggravating it. You can lift, just stay away from shoulder related lifts.

I know you can't target fat loss, but you can target muscle groups

So, here's my issue. I got love handles. Been losing weight. Still haven't lose those bad boys yet though, so what can I do to tone up my lower back and maybe get some more muscle there to fill them out with some firm less jiggly shit?

>love handles
I have cut down to 145 at 5'11, my love handles never left...
If you thicken your core and and do a lot of upper back work it will probably help with more a V shape and make them less noticeable.
Not much to do besides that and continue cutting though.

mirin

As someone who has lost and put on weight more than once I can tell ya love handles will only go away with weight loss.

Just keep on losing weight and sooner than you know it, they'll be gone.

You can make them less noticeable in the meantime by training your upper back but you should be doing that either way.

>Probably just soreness, but I would refrain from aggravating it. You can lift, just stay away from shoulder related lifts.

i'm reckoning soreness as well, today is supposed to be OHP, pendlay's and deadlifts, guess it's cardio day for me huh?

Been lifting, got a painful small standalone lump in my left shoulder area, kind of above the blade but not quite with the neck line.

Should I stop lifting until this goes away?

It's not an ego thing, I just feel like I'm not making any progress with the barbell. I don't feel like I'm engaging properly, but can't seem to get it down.

Some lifts are harder to progress for some people.
My incline bench has always been pitiful and nogains.
Feel free to try other exercises that target that area for a while and then come back to barbell and see if it helped.

weight is 140lb
ohp 90
bench 165
bor 125
squat 195
dl 225

i started doing strength training a couple month ago. i think my stats are decent but i still look dyel. how do i start lifting for aesthetics? from what ive been reading do i really just lower weights, go for reps and isolation? pls respond

1) I'm looking to increase my cardio fitness for creative sex gains, what's the best way to do that without killing aesthetic gains, and/or to supplement my strength? Running and cycling bore me and contribute to my rippletits trex mode. Is there anything I can do that will supplement my shoulder and bicep strength? Would burpees work?

2) I'm currently 20 pounds out from flat benching sets of 5. What kind of weight should I be curling to look balanced? Right now it's 3x5 at 50 per arm and I feel like My biceps look small, and my pull-ups are lagging and I think my biceps are the reason.

Whoops, 20 pounds out from flat benching lmao2pl8 in sets

normalno da moze

personally i'd recommend building a solid base of strength first before focusing on aesthetics and mass

to that end, Phrak's Greyskull has been a lot more efficient for me than SS

alternating bench press and OHP has really skyrocketed my strength in both exercises

my personal goal is to reach 1/2/3/4 (1pl8 ohp, 2pl8 bench, 3pl8 squat and 4pl8 deadlift) before i shift focus towards mass and aesthetics training, ofc, depending on body weight this goal is harder to reach for some than others

1. cardio is not going to kill your gains, just make sure to account for the calories lost to it. If you dont want to run/cycle consider swimming or HIIT.

2. You should curl what you can, if you feel its too low do more.

This basically, get your lifts higher first

How the fuck do I make my lats grow fit? Should I focus on volume instead of strength for size?

Fala user :)

Skeleton here: tried to deadlift 95kg today (BW 70kg) the first rep was fairly easy, my back glutes and legs lifted the weight well. But by the third my grip had failed

Should i switch to mixed grip? Hook grip? Should i just deload and work on my grip strength until i can double overhand my work sets?

I don't want muscular imbalances or weak hands, but I feel like im limiting my deadlift

never been a huge fan of mixed grip because of the risk of bicep injury and balance issues

hook grip is great if you can get used to the feeling of your thumb ripping off (i'm serious, hook grip is great, it just hurts a lot starting out)

at 95kg your natural grip strength with regular overhand grip still has a lot of room to grow, start holding the bar static for a few extra seconds when you're at the top of your deadlift, between each rep

incorporate hook grip when it starts getting too heavy, don't let your grip strength impede your deadlift progress

there's always straps or Versa Gripps if you can't get used to hook grip

liquid magnesium also helps a lot with grip strength and is allowed in most gyms (even if they don't allow regular chalk), just ask at the front desk

Anyone recommend any decent runners to buy?

My Asics GEL-Nimbus 18s just kicked the bucket. Decent running shoe but just wondered if anyone else had a better suggestion for this time?

Have any of you guys made gains on PPLx2 or is it a meme

>Should I focus on volume instead of strength for size?

The answer to this is always yes

I do a little at the beginning of every workout.

What type of lifting shoes should I buy?
I don't do power cleans.

Is this stuff a scam? I picked some up but I expect it to have nothing more than a placebo effect.

It's probably bullshit. Actual testosterone needs to be prescribed or in other ways... It may boost your T in a minuscule way, but not anything noticeable.

Is fake it till you make it legit?

Just want a gf again tbqhwy

Might not give you a new gf
For me it did not but it did make me feel better and realize i dont need a gf, its an overrated experience

youre just horny senpai

I'm getting sick. What do I do If I miss a workout? Do I try and make it up when I'm better or do I just stick to the regular schedule?

'bout to pig out at a buffet today for my birthday.

How does Veeky Forums approach buffets? I'm in a dirty cut phase.

Should I get lifting straps if my DL is 290lbs? I feel like even with over under grip I won't be able to lift much more.

How do i make sure i dont fuck up my diddlies without a mirror or a buddy?
I often work out when the gym is empty

What exactly is wrong with simple carbs like sugar?

They're cheaper and very calorie dense so its easier to eat enough for skinny people like me.

i see no downsides as opposed to eating complex carbs, specially if you also eat enough dietary fiber.

How do I reverse grip bench press without hurting my wrists like fuck?

Best upper chest burn in my life, but it's murder on my wrists

Take it as an excuse to make sickening gains for a day and continue cutting later on.

I do 5/3/1 for some time now and making good gains on my Squat and Deadlift.

My Bench and OHP on the other hand star to plateau pretty bad. I still get one rep on the 3rd week but not one rep more.

So i was thinking, would it be smart to start doing bbb only on my upper body days?

I'm 180lbs 6 foot 2, 18%-20% BF.

Should I be cutting or bulking? I've just been eating at to maintain. But I feel like I should be working towards a weight.

Goal body is 190lbs 10% BF

If you feel too sick to workout, don't. Overexerting yourself will just keep you sick for longer.

What are some comfortable joggers that I can wear to the gym that you guys recommend?

>dirty cut

never gonna make it

I am starting a routine that has two curl movements week. Right now I do straight bar and hammer curls. In this new program should I do ez curl, straight bar or mix it up with hammer curls and other curl variations as well?

>thinking cutting is hard
>thinking bulking is hard
Just eat less or eat more...

I worked out this morning. I want to go work out again, should I?