Row row row the boat

are those machines any good?

i tried this yesterday and it was pretty enjoyable experience. Can i do HIIT on this by just going apeshit as hard as i can?

>tfw noob liften diddly is 125kg with no grip issues but every other lift is super weak

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zQ82RYIFLN8
youtube.com/watch?v=8USP6GJAvMk
youtube.com/watch?v=2hAfHG2bpwE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did a lot of rowing since the other machines at the gym were constantly hogged by large groups of kebabs.

I'd probably make a good galley slave now

If your form is good, you can do HIIT with it just fine.

But almost everyone fucks it up to start with.

Absolutely, but I HIGHLY recommend doing the following first:

Watch this and follow it to the T
youtube.com/watch?v=zQ82RYIFLN8
This one is optional but very helpful
youtube.com/watch?v=8USP6GJAvMk
Row 2000m (2k) AS FAST AS YOU CAN, note your finishing time and average 500m split (will probably be in the ball park of 1:48 to 2:15, lower is better).
Take your average race split, back off 10-15 seconds, and try to match that number when you go ON, light rowing (not just sitting there) when you go OFF.

For HIIT, I would recommend 45 on, 15 off, or 1:00 on, 30 off, or whatever you want. When I was training we did these every couple of weeks as a short but intense work out, they were called dirty dozens.

T. ex-rower. I rowed in high school and college for 8 years.

Thanks ladimir

I enjoy it more than lets say jogging.
And want to build massive back
If i feel rowing in my traps then its fine?
Im not sure if that was result of rowing itself or heavy diddly i did prior to rowing

Of course i felt it in my entire body, glutes quads shoulders etc but the traps activation was kinda unexpected

When people made these faggy comics, did they genuinely like them or was it ironic?

they genuinely liked them but most of the people making and sharing them we're 15 or younger

I always crank it up to highest resistance and do 500 m as my warm-up.

Wrong. Dont crank it all the way up. 4-6 is better. Former collegiate rower and current coach of a rowing class.

Wrong for a rower you mean

They are great.

It takes a bit to get the coordination down.

>24 hour gym
>hyped for some rows
>machine is turned off
>don't know how to turn it on
>awkwardly leave before anybody sees me struggling with it
>didn't work
>go home
>cry

JUST PRESS THE BUTTON

WHAT BUTTON

I PRESSED SOME BUTTONS AND NOTHING HAPPENED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

lmfao nerd just sit on it and start rowing

Start rowing and it will turn on.

Rage comics are at least 7 years old.
People making them now are all 15 and don't know any better.

Op here, exact same machine at my gym
This will give me sicc back gains?
T. Dyel

Rowing activates every muscle group except the ones you use for bench press. My leg press and low cable row numbers are huge (for someone that never lifted), but my bench is pathetic. I can push 6 plate on the leg press easy, and started at 160 cable rows. I struggle with 170 bench.

Honestly a medium effort 2k is great warm-up, just supplement with some light chest work before benching

Size yes. Raw strength not so much. It's basically doing a light warm up set about 800-1000 times

kg?

rowing cardio for back is like running for legs.

i also do starting strength

i want to do rowing as an side acessory or on off days

>i tried this yesterday and it was pretty enjoyable experience.
ho boy
Watch this one afterwards youtube.com/watch?v=2hAfHG2bpwE

i mean, i know if you push your limits it will get fucking painfull, i learned it through running anmd pushing my limits in 5k runs

feels like fucking death
but yesterday i did rather "medium" intensity for like 10 minutes so thats nothing.

theres this hall of fame thing in my gym with records for 500m and top result is like 1:49 or some shit i dont remember

lol it starts when you start rowing brah