Program for newbies

hey guys, would you recommend any good lifting programs?

SS
SL
GSLP

Read the fucking sticky

also sage in all fields

>SS
Yes

>SL
No

>GSLP
Yes

5x5 a shit, and so is starting with just an empty bar.

Clarification: There's nothing inherently bad about the 5x5 rep scheme itself, but doing all your compounds in 5x5, espescially when you're squatting 3 times per week, is unsustainable.

S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y

It's sustainable for the 4-5 months, which is all a beginner routine should last.

Okay, it works, but you stall more often and progress will be slower.

A program with progressive overload lad, do starting strength with the first month focused on form and flexibility. After the first months add in compound accessory work (dips, pullups, seated rows)

And don't fall into the powershitter meme of squatting low bar, unless you want to compete in PL eventually.

No, a beginner program lasts until you've exhausted linear progression, which varies from individual to individual. With 5x5 that is significantly more volume than 3x5. You will reach a point where you cannot sustain progress with 5x5 sooner than with 3x5.

Further, that much volume is entirely unnecessary for a beginner and is not optimal. By starting out with that much volume you.are forcing your body to adapt to it earlier. This makes making progress down the road harder without allowing your body to become detrained, which also puts a halt on progress.

5x5 is shit for beginners.

>squatting 3 times a week is unsustainable

Don't listen to this broscience OP, it's horseshit.

Linear progression should stop at 4-5 months. Most average normal-T guys will have a 2 plate squat and 3 plate diddy by then.

But let me guess, you're another low-t failure who thinks 'b..b...but I didn't stop linear progression until 1 year becuase I eat like a pigeon and have the test levels of a 12yp girl'.

No, I never said squatting 3 times a week is unsustainable. I said squatting 3 times a week at 5x5 while constantly training at an increasing 85-90% 1RM is unsustainable. How dense are you?

You can squat every day if you want, there's nothing wrong with high frequency, but all the other variables like volume and intensity has to be accounted for if you do so.

My linear progression didn't stop until 8 months in when I had a 205 bench, 355 squat and 435 deadlift, and I did it with volume comparable to SS. Nice projection there little guy.

>le projection meme

Good one bro. Find that insult you're first time here yesterday?

What if I just switch to 3x5 after my first stall?

What was your post if not a projection? I bet you still can't even squat 3pl8. If you actually think that the majority of healthy adult males can't hit 3pl8+ squats or 4pl8+ deadlifts with linear progression, then you are projecting your own weakness.

Stay weak and stay mad small fry.

Alright then. Post pic faggot, wanna see how you stack up.

>get BTFO
>post somebody else's photo with the face cropped out

Never change, weakfag.

Do whatever you want. No one gives a fuck. I don't get the obsession over 5x5 when it's made by a fucking marketing guy who knows nothing about training. Yes, he stole the program, but in the original one it was also 3x5, the other 2x5 were warmup sets. He didn't even copy it properly.

>this oblivious to obvious bait and trolling

I used to like Veeky Forums before you leddit fgts came. Pls go.

>"I-I was only pretending to be retarded!"

Not retarded, shitposting.

I dont even know why I bother. I feel old. Been here since 2010.

See all you newfags browse a few threads and suddenly think you're in on all the memes. It's like you're oblivious to how obviously new you are. Everyone can see it bro.

>le leddit newfag boogeyman maymay
>actually revealing how long you've been here and it isn't even that long

Weakfag pls go

Anyone pre-zyzz death era is old for Veeky Forums fgt. Guarantee you've been here for a year tops.

I've literally been visiting Veeky Forums for 10 years.

Get on my level newfag.

And I've been on Veeky Forums for 9, what's you're point? We're talking about Veeky Forums here. Or is your brain too small to have a basic reading comprehension?

your post stinks of trappychan
the idea that you can "use up your gains" by doing slightly higher volume early on is retarded

Pick one program from the sticky/in this thread, see if you like it/if it gives result. If it does, good. If it doesn't, switch.

I tried loooaaads of different programs and the only way of training I could be consistent with was a bodypart split.

>muh proteen synthusus

Both pathetic as fuck.

I time travelled back to the paleothichicihcichic era and invented my own computer from stone and used fossilised dinosaur dung to power it, then made a server, created Veeky Forums, created Veeky Forums and posted here WAY BACK THEN.

fuckin newfags

faggot before we created the big bang in the pre-time era I was browsing Veeky Forums before matter and light were even created on the SA anime forums where our simulated reality is running on