Stretchmarks

When I was 17 I gained 40 pounds in 1-2 months,
cause I had severe depression at that point
and food was the only thing distracting me from wanting to die.

Now that I turned 18 and have my whole adult life to look forward to...
I have to fight a new problem: stretchmarks that are covering my whole right hip.
(pic is related but my stretch marks are thicker, redder and I have more of them in the same place)
Am i doomed to never achieve 10/10 aesthetics,
just because I ate too much during a dark period of my life?

I went swimming with my class the other day and all the girls were staring at my body in disgust.
It was only for a split second, but I could see their eyes widden in terror.
Why live, Veeky Forums?

You can ask your mom since i stretched her ass out real good last night so there are bound to be marks
Maybe she knows how to get rid of them

Nobody actually cares, work on yourself and your body. I know that sounds easier than it is, but not caring what others think about you and focusing on your own progress is the first step to getting 'mires.

I've heard cocoa butter helps with it a little.

Bio Oil is the only thing which will actually show any results.

Other than that? Time. They will fade away with age, I know because I have a ton as well and have been through it.

I had a bunch of stretch marks in my late teens.
I had knee surgery after an injury and had to give up basketball.
Ended up eating my way out of depression. Witch resulted in stretchmarks.
When i was done with collage i decided to take my life back. started running working out etc.
Lost weight. But the marks where still purple and visible.

Ended up putting Panthenol creams and taking some vitamin C and E supplements. Started hitting the beach and getting a tan as much as i could.
And in about a year or two the mars where barely visible. I can still feel them on my skin and if you look real close you can see them but i feel a lot better about myself.
Hand in there user it gets better but only if you work at it.

Don't worry about the redness, stretchmarks heal and turn lighter over time and become significantly less noticeable.

They never go away completely and you can't do anything about them at this point. The skin is torn and will form scar tissue, which is what you see in the picture you posted.

I thought cocoa butter and bio oil were just memes
propagated by middleaged women on facebook ...
I went to a dermatologist the day before yesterday and he just looked at me
with pity in his eyes and told me there was nothing he could do ...

I feel like my youth is permanently damaged. I look like I was raped by edward scissorhands
my body is a turn off for most girls my age, it looks like I just gave birth to Dwayne The Rock Johnson

and since my stretch marks are as thick as my finger, the scars will always be clearly visible
I wish I could get a new body, a new chance.
tfw never able to be hot

Stop being dramatic. You will look back on this moment 10 years from now and wonder how you were ever such a whiny insecure bitch.

I have visited two dermatologists because of my stretchmarks.

They both agree: Nothing helps except time. The only thing that may have some results is a laser treatment. In both cases however, visibility is only reduced, it never fades.

And keep in mind that those were german docs, they wouldn't have hesitated to grab money from the insurance even if the thing they prescribed was an ointment with a 1% success rate.

ok so what exactly is the healing process.
Will this shit just get whiter and wrinklier or will it actually change texture
and blend in with the rest of my skin?
Will they get thinner too?
How long will this shit take to heal completely?
Thanks for giving me hope btw ... ;(

new poster here with a fuckton of stretch marks. mine have changed from a purple color to a much more natural tone over time. don't think they've gotten thinner, but desu i avoided having pictures taken so don't have photo or anything for comparison

The don't get thiner. The outline sorta fades away and they begin tho blend in. Truth be told i cant seem to grow any body hair in the canyons on the marks.
After i get a tan and my skin peels away they seem a shade lighter.
The texture kinda changes as you loose weight they become less bumpy and seem more even but again i apply oils to mine so the skin at least feels softer.
I don't know if the creams are snake oil or not. But they are like 10 bucks and they make me feel (and smell?) better so I use them.

Even as a former fatty myself I can't understand this. It took me five years to put on that much weight.

>they don't get thinner
good-bye cruel world

Let me explain.
At the time I was 100% sure that I was gonna
kill myself in the near future.
This idea kinda put me into this attitude, where I
would do the most hedonistic, dumb and damaging
shit possible, just to make my last few months as
pleasant as possible.
The problem is, however, that I have regained
my desire to live recently. Bad mistake.
Now I'm stuck as an overweight, ugly mess, who lost all
his friends and his academic career.
Well atleast I'm still alive.

Pretty much my exact situation, started to cope my depression with food and gained so much weight, ended up weighing 127kg and stretch marks started to appear on many places like my arms and especially my belly. Now i lost 37kg and i feel great in my body, those marks faint a bit but they will stay there, you just got to accept your body because nobody will give a shit about them really.

yeah no one will give a fuck when you're Veeky Forums

If they are still red, Mederma scar cream, Strivectin and silicone scar sheets can help, are all clinically proven to minimize them but nothing eliminates them completely. Multiple daily applications over 6 months are required.

Once they turn lighter like your pic shown, little can be done.

HOW THE FUCK DID U GET THOSE MASSIVE GAINS ???? SHARE YOUR FOOD PLAN!!!?

I have these really fucking annoying stretch marks on my upper arms right above my biceps and on my hips. I try not to think about them or just think of them of "battle scars".

Just use them as a reminder of how far you have come and use that to keep yourself motivated.

Pic not related at all but I like this album

I'm in my early 30s but was a fat loser back in my late teens and early 20s. I'd say it took about 10 years for my stretch marks to fade, you can still see it under lights though.

>10 years
enough is enough
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They become your natural skin color over time and then the only way people will notice them is if they're touching you.

No one gives a fuck about stretch marks
Goddamn it teenagers stop being so insecure
Little skin imperfections are only really noticeable in pictures, in real life no one will give a shit

>I went swimming with my class the other day and all the girls were staring at my body in disgust.
>It was only for a split second, but I could see their eyes widden in terror.
that did not happen

Get a tattoo, doesn't have to be some shitty animal or anything, a geometric pattern can work. Just make it big enough to cover the area, and if you're already getting it in one place, then think of expanding it. Have a wicked piece of art going up the the right side of your body that looks great and means something to you. Just vet the tattoo shop thoroughly, make sure they can draw and use a clean needle.

There are some solid laser therapies you could look into, but they're $$$

You guys are all going to dermatologists, which makes sense, but in reality you should be seeing a plastic surgeon.

This will be expensive as shit. They will do a bunch of fringe pseudoscience shit that makes the medical community cringe. They can get real and dramatic results. I just want to reiterate that this is expensive as shit, usually painful, and takes at least a year minimum (usually more) to erase a mark.

Don't waste your time on overpriced laser therapy, it's about as effective as your average stay at home mom facebook advice.

my last bf had a fuckton of stretch marks and i literally did not even care. it's a pretty normal thing to have and in some circumstances i can even find them attractive.

Dude 99% of the time people are seeing you in clothing anyway and can't see the marks.

>I went swimming with my class the other day and all the girls were staring at my body in disgust.
>It was only for a split second, but I could see their eyes widden in terror.

Unless they are blondie cunts like the hoes in college movies, they didn't mean it like that.
It's probably curiosity, maybe concern or they didn't see stretch marks before.
Happened to me, just ignore stares or explain if they ask. If you won't care, then why should others?
It's not like you're leprous

I'd like to trace those stretch marks with my tongue desu

teens gtfo

>Want to lose weight
>Such a fat fuck that I'll have loose skin like a geriatric and stretch marks like Freddy Krueger's face even if I get sick gains

Only 10 bucks try it

>this desperate to be edgy
are you even trying m9? go lift, it'll help get that kiddy angst out

I don't think you know what edgy means.

Stretchmarks aren't even that bad.
By your class do you mean high school?

lmao wait till half those stupid cunts gain 50lbs when they reach their 20s.

Protip: No one cares about stretchmarks unless they're REALLY bad. And I doubt yours are like some of the worse ones I've seen. Most likely yours will fade and you wont even notice.

Even slim people can get stretch marks if their body grows too fast. Tons of people I know have stretch marks all around their armpit/waist

>tfw GP put me on antidepressants and all they did was give me a huge appetite and stretch marks

I sure feel less depressed now I have more reasons to be depressed

>have stretch marks
>lost weight have loose skin
>girls ask what they are
>explain it
>its a conversation
>thats about it
>still go to the beach
>still deal with my personal shit
>they literally faded after i got a tan

Veeky Forums girly edition desu

Most adults develop stretch marks. Some people gain them naturally from puberty growth being quick, some gain from weight/muscle gain, and others due to pregnancy.

It's completely normal and the color fades with time. Teenagers are just superficial with anyone that isn't perfect.

My bro got stretch marks on his back after a growth spurt. After you leave highschool land just say you had a growth spurt. Shit happens

I have hectic stretch marks from when i went through puberty and ballooned in size and weight.
literally no one gives a shit. even if people notice, which they never do, they don't give a shit. plus they fade.
i'm 27 now and you can barely see them.
honestly, stop tormenting yourself. it's nothing.

no one cars about stretchmarks and scars if you look okay i guess. if you really aim to achieve a 10/10 body, do it and the marks will just be a reminder for that dark period in your youth.