When to take creatine?

I remember someone saying it doesn't matter, it's just always in your blood, and it takes a few days to build up, etc just take it anyone daily.

Is that true? And also why does pre-workout have creatine if can be taken anytime?

Also, this study claims it's best to take it post-workout?
jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-10-36

Please share your broscience with me

never unless you want new hairstyle

never really if you want to keep your hair.

It is stored in your muscles and partially reabsorbed after it is released. Your body doesn't use 100% of it when you're fatigued in any case.

It's in preworkout because it's a very inexpensive way to bulk up the mix without looking out of place on the ingredients list.

Basically doesn't matter. If you're concerned about having enough, it is better to take ALA to increase its availability rather than upping the dose of creatine (assuming you're at 5-7gm or so per day).

>Also, this study claims it's best to take it post-workout?
It's stored using insulin, which you get a spike of post-workout. However, 5g at any time will max out the amount you can store for days

no it does not matter when you take it. you constantly have it in your body at saturation when you take creatine. before or , after workout has no effect because you can't go beyond this saturation.
it also does however increase DHT in your body, which rapidly increases male pattern baldness if you are genetically predisposed to it sometime down the line. essentially you're gambling a very insignificant amount of gains with a receding hair line in a year or 2 or usage.
that's the creatine red pill

baffles my mind why people want to use this shit as it has zero effect on performance unless you are at elite level of lifting or any other sport

Holy shit, I am balding, and I didn't realise creatine increases DHT. I've been taking it for like 2 years.

Is it too late for me or can I just stop taking it to get my hair back?

Should I stop using preworkouts with creatine?

hair loss from creatine is permanent unfortunately. you can't reverse it once it has started, stopping creatine now will only decelerate the balding

I feel sorry for you m8. you could've enjoyed at least 10 more years of a full head of hair if you researched what you put in your body

That's literally wrong though. It enhances power output at every level of competitiveness.

ketoconazole and finasteride. minoxidil as last resort only

Yep, made me slightly bald. Although, it is growing back slowly, it's just really thin.

None of my grandfathers or even my dad are balding. Wtf?

it does but only if you are working at 95+ of your 1RM. if you can do 2 reps in that range, after creatine you can do 3. is it worth it? yeah, if you are competing.

most of the people here are curlfags who work at ~70 range and those who lift weights are usually at 80-85 range for those 5 reps.

it helps with recovery some but it's your call really. risking balding to get such minor benefits as a casual lifter is not worth it, at least in my eyes.

i rather keep my hair than start going bald in 20s.

Reminder that there is no study showing creatine accelerates MPB, just a bunch of speculation based on one study showing a bump in DHT. That study has also never been replicated.

The evidence for creatine = hair loss is extremely weak at best.

if you call countless testimonies by people who've used creatine and lost their hair weak then you need to reevaluate your definition of evidence.

should we ignore thousands of reports from real people just because studies haven't been conducted or finished yet?

people are fucking stupid and will believe anything. if you can blame something wrong with you on something else 9 times out of 10 you're going to do it

Yeah, probably. Just like I ignore people that think MSG gives them migraines (legally no evidence), vaccines gave their kids autism (literally no evidence), or homeopathy cured their cancer (no evidence). We should put as much faith in the notion as any other bogey man bullshit people believe. Just because sons faggots with receding hairlines noticed the spirit of Jude Law creeping into their scalps after they took some creatine doesn't mean it causes or accelerates baldness.

You can find loads of testimony of retards saying all kinds of shit. Doesn't mean you should believe it.

this guy gets it

Used it for 6 months, cant tell if any good so I stopped using it.

So many supplements being sold just for "muh gainz".

>it does but only if you are working at 95+ of your 1RM

But that's not true either. It improves performance in all kinds of anaerobic activity, not just 95%+ 1rm lifting.

Dude, just shut the fuck up if you don't really know what you're talking about.

>people notice excessive hair loss after using creatine for a while
>people are stupid and don't know their body

i'm going to gym with a friend who was on creatine and he started losing hair really fast after few months on creatine.

every time he ran his hand through the top of his head or wash his head he would have tons of hair on it.

is it just random luck or was it creatine? he doesn't know, but judging from others who used it and had the exact same problem i'd say it's a pretty big fucking change it's creatine.

Veeky Forums I've been taking creatine daily for a little over a year and haven't noticed any hair loss. My dad's hair didn't start going noticeably thin until he was in his late 50's though I'm not so sure about other further back relatives or anything. Am I safe?

You were losing your hair anyway, genius.

>random luck
nah the guy just got fucked with bad genetics

placebo

if you aren't working at max you won't see the difference

Yeah, people are stupid and don't know jack shit about their bodies. Congrats, you have a nice n=1 anecdote with no control. AKA "nothing of value".

My hair looks thicker after taking creatine and I notice less of it on the pillow and in the comb. What now bitch? Creatine MUST accelerate hair growth, or at least prevent hair loss.

it also makes my dick look bigger

my teeth are whiter now

Ah yes, the dozens of studies showing improvements in 1rm, power output, sprinting performance, increases in lean mass, etc were all placebo. Because increased ATP availability has no effect on performance until the bar is loaded with your 2rm.

Don't give advice, moron.

In my case, it comes from my mother.

My dad and grandfather both still have hair

I like this guy.

>choosing hair loss rumors over gains
>making it, ever

pls pick only one.

>Daily
>For a year

Are you retarded? You're supposed to cycle it you fucking mong.

says who

low daily dose my friendo

hope this is b8

I really hope you're not that same know-nothing faggot that keeps posting stupid shit.

This is the same for EVERYONE.

Hair genetics (male pattern baldness specifically) comes from your MOTHERS FATHER.

Not from your father or his.