Deadlifts = Push Exercise?

So I'm starting PPL and I can't understand why Deadlifts aren't on Push Day.

For example, with a Press(tm) you PUSH with your shoulders and then PUSH your head through the invisible window.

With Deadlifts you PUSH your feet through the ground and PUSH your hips forward to lock out.

In what way is this supposed to be a Pull exercise?

Are you all just meme'ing me?
It's obviously PUSH.

Push/ Pull is a bit of a misnomer. It's actually whether you move the weight away from you (Push) or move it towards you (Pull). Deadlift is on Pull day because you move the weight towards your body

What's a squat then?

Legs you dip. Why does it matter if you do ppl

A push. You're moving the bar away from you on the way up. The fact that you follow he bar up doesn't change this fact.

What criteria for "push" and "pull" are you using?

Also, the point of PPL is to put similar lifts together so that you can smash those muscle groups with a lot of volume, and then leave them alone to recover until the next day you train them specifically. Putting deadlift on push is the most retarded place you could possible put it.

I don't, was genuinely curious lol
Thanks. So would a tricep pull down be a push since you're pushing it away from your body?

Nope you are wrong.

Deadlifts is a push exercise.

We place it on Pull day because it works with our Rows (pull movement) and Pull-ups (pull movement that brings you CLOSER to the bar).

However the Deadlift is still unequivocally, undeniably, 100% PUSH movement.

>you aren't lifting the weight up with your arms you fucking idiots, you are pushing through your heels and pushing your hips to lock out
>inb4 i was being retarded on purpose

You are really stupid

You are pulling it up with your posterior chain. Its not a squat you dip

Yeah puslldowns are also push ironically. Pretty sure all tricep excercises are push push.

Its push because pull downs are just the pussy version of skull crushers and skull crushers are obviously push

The mechanics behind the deadlift make it a pull. Those who say otherwise do not have proper form when deadlifting. Case closed

Yeah if you wanna go to snap city you fucking idiot.

The reason you keep a straight lower back is so you can use leverage from PUSHING with your feet than transferring the load to your hips by PUSHING your hips forward until lockout.

There is LITERALLY no PULLING involved.
You don't use your biceps, your shoulders, your lats.

You are truly a fucking nu-male tier imbecile.

>wanna know how i know you've NEVER deadlifted before

By this logic literally everything is a push movement

Then who was spinal erectors

At most you're pulling with your posterior chain to keep your back static.

Seems to me that if you push with one part, and it moves; and you pull with another part and it doesn't move, it's a push exercise

Your erectors are isometrically contracting you dip

>confirmed DYELs
>implying ACTUAL pull movements like ROWS, BICEP CURLS and SKULLCRUSHERS arent completely SEPERATE from PUSH movements like DEADLIFTS, BENCH PRESS, SQUATS, and RACK PULLS.

AHAHAHAHAHHA FUCKING DYEL FAGGOTS OMG SO MUCH OBVIOUS BAIT

>inb4 i was being retarded on purpose

You're all using the wrong definitions for Push vs Pull. It's not about the movement or where you're moving it. IMO, it's about the starting position and where maximum tension is produced.

In a push, the 1st movement is eccentric, and the concentric movement follows. In a pull, the concentric movement is the initial movement, and the eccentric follows.

In a bench press, you're starting with the eccentric movement. It's a push.

In a squat, you start with the eccentric, it's a push.

In a deadlift, you're starting with the concentric.

The only case where this wouldnt apply would be over the shoulder presses where it seems contradictory. An OHP clearly isn't a pull as you're pushing it up. But it applies to everything else, including curls and accessory work.

You faggots really will argue about anything

>implying OHP is a PULL movement

Your logic is SHIT.

If you PULL the weight it is a PULL movement.

If you PUSH the weight it is a PUSH movement.

For example, Bench Pressing requires you to PUSH the weight away from your chest, making it a PUSH movement.

The same reason your "contradictory" OHP is a PUSH movement, because you use your shoulders to PUSH the weight above your head.

With ROWS your use your upper back to PULL the movement into your body.

With BICEP CURLS you are PULLING the weight up with your biceps.

Hence, DEADLIFTs are a PUSH MOVEMENT!

Its basically a SQUAT MOVEMENT with the PUSHING of your legs to begin the lift and then the load is transferred to your HIPS which you PUSH forward and lock out.

DEADLIFTS are PUSH.

>pic related its you

Well I'm convinced

I thought it was a mix of both? Push with the legs, and pull with the lower back.

Everyday is pull day.

But you're pulling the weight from the ground, closer to the main join producing the movement.

curve ball

>HURR DURR I USE MY ARMS TO PULL 4 PLATES FROM THE FLOOR

sure thing there faggot
>confirmed for never having lifted

i put deads/squats on leg day. alternate 1 wk squats, next week deads. repeat.

>Is it a pull or push
all muscles do is pull on your bones, they don't engorge and push your bones around

on a mechanical level, every movement is more of a pull movement, as they all focus on developing the contraction(pull) strength of muscles.

personally, I'd put deads and squats on leg day and have a variant of the off lift.
Heavy squats+deadlift variant
alternate with
heavy deadlift+ light squats/squat variant

PPL is a meme for retards who think training more days per week equals more gains

with 9 hours of sleep and 3000+ cals/day, it does.

Some weightlifting movements (Squats, Bench Press) are made up of an eccentric (lowering of the weight) followed by a concentric (lifting of the weight). Others, like the Deadlift, Press, and Pull-up work in the opposite manner with a strong concentric lift followed by an eccentric lowering.

Generally its all preference as too what to catagorize it as. I say do it on pull day. wouldnt want it detracting any energy for squats.

it doesn't fucking matter

>who think training more days per week equals more gains
It does. Period.

it doesn't fucking matter, you can make a case to put it on either push pull or leg day.

just get it done and stop worrying about negligible shit like this...

It doesn't fucking matter. Just do the dam lifts and get stronger/bigger. Ffs, this board sometimes.

>my program tells me to lift a heavy weight off the ground
>my autism won't be satisfied until I decide if I'm moving it by pushing my feet into the ground or pulling it off the ground

How fucking autistic can you honestly be?

>How fucking autistic can you honestly be?
>forgetting you're on >>

>you dont use lats when deadlifting
Excuse me?
They arent the main muscle when deadlifting, but if you think they arent used at all or that you shouldnt, you are fucking retarded and have no idea of what you are talking about

Not everyone here is a autistic sperg bro. I'm just here to talk about lifting and have a laugh. I can even talk to girls. This shit is just fucking stupid though, just do the lift.

If it feels better mentally to think of it as a push then fine. If you feel like it's a pull that's cool too. As long as the weight comes off the ground and you don't snap your shit up its all good.

Ever try doing bench on the same day as deadlifts? Give it a go and tell us your results.

You r 1 stupid cunt m8

Good post

>this many people responding to the bait

Sure is new in here