Martial arts thread?

dont really know how this entire Veeky Forums thing works but are there any practitioners of martial arts on /fit?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=P7arqpKao0g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I box. I'm one of the few people here who don't lift at all and does nothing but cardio.

Taekwondo here. I'm far from having chicken legs but I have to lift to gain both strength and speed.

You used to get different sports training threads on fit, but now the only answers you'll get is how someones Krav will fuck you up and all other training is for pussys. I just come here for the high test threads now.

>Don't really know how this Veeky Forums thing works
Please lurk a little B4 posting then.

Oh well, at least he isn't shitposting. Dunno 'bout you but I'd much rather see friendly guys newbie or not rather than professional trolls.

Firstly, lurk moar faggot.

Secondly, there are a few martial arts threads every once in awhile, but Veeky Forums is mostly a weightlifting board.

Kyokushin here

Just started Taekwondo. How long until I stop getting blisters on my toes, and how long till I can actually kick high

forgot to add i do boxing myself and what the fuck is lurking

5 years in here. Count about a year or two of daily stretches to start throwing acceptables kicks at head level. Not goin' to lie tho, I'm still workin' on these blisters myself. From what I saw every guy's feets are either permanently 'blisterised', or covered by footgears.

That means lookin' at threads to see how they work, but I believe urban dictionary would do a better job at explaining than myself.

I used to Kickbox/Muay Thai,
Left 1 year ago.
Now I'm just a fatty.

Trying to go back on track tho.

I am trying bjj, am 2 months in. Hate it (i suck and am confronted with this also ibecause of autism) and love it because its fun.

I'm trying to be a Scott Adkins I practice Taekwondo, Box and Muay Thai

I know its not the point of boxing, but how good does your body look?

>Veeky Forums is mostly a weightlifting board

you must be new here.

form boxing you dont get swole but your pecs and abs get pretty ripped (not speaking from experience just from observation)

Out of curiosity, how well do you perform?

I like to bodybuild and/or powerlift.

>OH YEAH? WELL I COULD KICK YOUR ASS!!

why are you all like this?

>and does nothing but cardio
Karateka here boxbro why don't you add calisthenics/weights to your boxing or at least do when your out of the gym (If you don't already). I'm not big but I trained both in and out of the dojo. And I've not only gotten strong but look good

Judoka here, lifting vastly helps improve my performance

No one has said that.

11 years of Judo here, cardio and pushups/squat and other "home training".

Since when you practice judo? Belt?

Been training/coaching for 15 years now, currently Nidan, recently decided to start fighting for Sandan.

How about you?

Everytime a mmafag comes into any other thread it happens.

what other "home training"? i just started judo and would like to know what i can do additionally at home

Its alright . better than it looked before I started. The best compliment I've heard is " you don't look smaller" which is great because I've lost 17 pounds most of it in my stomach.

I'm doing swell. I spar a decent amount. I've done maybe 50 rounds this past October? I was in pretty bad shape before I started back in late June

I would lift but my trainers don't want me to yet they want me to get loose and relaxed in the ring. They'll add it eventually.

I'm this I'm nidan too, going for sandan in 2 years i guess

Those are mostly shit post.

And they probably could kick your ass.

Lots of stretching, pull-up, squat and sometimes I train on movements/techniques alone.
Seryoku zen-yo kokumitae no kata is good but not well known.

Do you coach too?

Favourite throws, combinations, transitions? I've had some spine problems the last 18 months, so I've been doing a shit load of ne waza during that time which has helped.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=P7arqpKao0g

Misspelled

Dont get me wrong, I'm glad you guys are making your own containment threads, I was just wondering why you are all like that.

>Seryoku zen-yo kokumitae no kata is good but not well known.

Patrician taste

my muay thai coach wants me to give up "powerlifting" says I'm too "big for my size" and "already strong enough"

not sure how to feel about this

Quoted the wrong post, meant for

iktf...

It's your life. Are you going to make it big in either sport? Are they both just hobbies?

Not yet, I'm attending the course for coaching.
I really like o-goshi and koshi techniques in general, I often link o-goshi with ushiro-goshi, at the moment I'm studying ura nage as a counter throw

Shito Karate , started doing bodyweight 2 times a week in addiction to once a week martial art. Anyone same here ?

Not all of us are like that. I'm not. I don't even go in the power lifting threads and shit. But I would imagine its the same reason why people come on this board and say women don't like muscles. Just to shit post.

so i have an option between a pretty decent muay thai school and a BJJ school. Which should i go with? Muay thai looks like something id have more fun doing but iv already taken kick boxing and taekwondo so i wanna learn ground game since I have none.

thoughts?

Bjj has a lot of ground game and it is pretty useful!

soon 9 years behind me and I still have the mobility of a crowbar. I suggest stretching. I can kick to head, but it's really clunky

I'm not even a powerlifter, never competed and I hate squatting. :/ I just like lifting. In Muay Thai I just walked in the door a few months ago everyone else has been there for years

could you list your stretching routine? if you had 11 years to figure it out it must be good

BJJ is ground game: the martial art

if you ever enjoyed wrestling with your buddies as a kid you'll love it

Then do what you want man. It's not like lifting is going to hurt your competitiveness in a sport you don't actively compete in, and it's not like muay thai is gonna fuck up your lifting.

Became the biggest muay thai fighter there is, go Sagat mode.

thanks for the kek my dude

At bjj bros: how does one deal with being both a clumsy uncoordinated mess physically and being a half autistic beginner white belt? Sometimes I find myself making excuses to not go to class fearing people see and judge me as I do myself. I want to get better at this but it also very intimidating sometimes.

Hey lads, how do I get into boxing?

Find a club, start training.

Train more. There is no secret.

Sound more like a challenge than a request... I just stretch my body from the head to the leg, don't really know how to describe it, I'm an eurofag and I don't know technical English.

i knew it sounds this way but im also eurofag so my english is autistic
thanks anyway

You sound like a fag desu senpai

BJJ here, do some coaching too. Used to do Muay Thai, but just focus on BJJ now. Might go back and do some eventually.

Anyway I do a lot of arm/shoulder stretching, waist torsion, rotate hips, stretch legs standing and sitting.
I also warm up my knee, wrist and ears before practicing.

In your experience what muscles are the most important? Besides the heart (good cardio)

not op but for me

Abs and lats for defense and stability.
delts and triceps for offense.

Legs muscles are really important for defense and offense too!

literally all of them imo even training your neck muscles can help you loads in a fight

25y old, can i still make it if i start boxing now ?

kudo and strength training

Just stay with it. Roll with blue and purple belts as well as white. Be humble and ask for tips and guidance after rolling. Fuck trying to win and tap out people - focus on getting good at the basics.

27y old, yes you can if you never ask that dumbass question again.

same

1 month in here