What are Veeky Forums's fav calf exercises?

what are Veeky Forums's fav calf exercises?

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/standing-dumbbell-calf-raise
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Being obese for a prolonged period of time then cutting 1xf

aren't calf raises pretty much the only calf exercise?

Genetics

Skipping them

this is why i asked, i was wondering wtf i can actually do to bulk them up

You need to take some biology classes or something

Ex-fatty here, I like leg press calf raises since I can do 240kgs for 10 reps, after only 1 year. Or you can jump rope

Heavy seated calves rasies 3x a week, for 3x6-8
Hill sprints and incline walking pretty frequently.

What do you do for calves? Walking?

/thread

bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/standing-dumbbell-calf-raise

do trail running on a mountain and some heavy calf raises

Hill runs.

cycling

not doing them and pretending no one will notice

I think the trick is to do high volume, like at least 20 reps per set

Running is the best exercise you can do for your calves. Otherwise, calf raises on the smith machine.

Seconding running. Something else would be to do 30-50 reps whenever you have nothing to do during the day.

I do 3 x 15 calf raises in the leg press (with my toes on the edge so the balls of my feet go below the floor plate), currently at 300.

Made them go from 11 inches to 13 since April, plus I have that nice heart shape now.

Still sad specimens, but chicks comment on how nice they are.

An addendum to that. Don't bother primarily running on level routes of you want calf gains. Uphillls and uneven surfaces are where you should go for that

>being sad 3xf
>wearing pants 1xdaily
>reading what people with better genetics have done for growth 2-3xweekly

I do a lot of walking on the treadmill at max incline and stairmill on my toes. I do have great calf genetics tho.

>do weighted calf raises
>gains are minimal
>start hiking regularly
>calfs become juicy as fuark

I go two miles on a treadmill at a 15pt incline while focusing on stepping off my toes for calf gains. it works. I hate calf raises.

I hop nigga

The gastrocnemius is a mix of fast and slow twitch fibres m8, and the soleus is mostly slow.
Doing only heavy, straight legged calf work won't get you that far by itself unless you genetically have a higher proportion of of gastroc fast twitch muscle, so you're definitely on the right track with activities like hiking, cycling or running on soft sand would also be very useful to round out your lower leg training.

THANK YOU BASED FIT THIS IS WHY I KEEP COMING BACK CAUSE YOU FUCK ME AND TREAT ME RIGHT I LUV U BBY

do you realise that there are 1000s of calf gurus out there with their own special methods of getting big calves? Maybe in a year when you see almost no growth (assuming you have shit calf genetics) you'll be more cynical of this.

deadlifts

/thread

>Orangutan

treadmill, max incline, fastest walking speed i can do

and calf raises

Pretty much this.

You know that machine where you do seated calf raises, when I was fat, I used to do 4 plates on it. I had to add/remove those plates when I was working out with my gym buddy who could only do 1.5 plates

or you could skip the dirty bulk and just get a weighted vest and go hiking for 10 miles a day with 30kg on you

idk whats its called so i drew it

my gym has one of these things, its the goat

not really the rule of hypertrophy tho, i'd just do the same thing you do to bulk any other muscle group. go as heavy as you can between 8-12reps and keep upping it, work it more than once a week

Standing calf raises
I'm going hiking tomorrow since it'll be unseasonably warm, will a weighted vest kill my legs and count as conditioning?

I don't understand the pic user. Care to clarify?

it's a massage chair that targets your calves

4 times a week. You need to incorporate both seated raises and standing raises. Also on standing go heavy as fuck, seated do them heavy but for way more reps. If they don't grow then you're lying.

If you haven't hiked in a while your ass will be sore af the next day, especially with added weight. I went yesterday on a fairly uphill trail and getting through my squats today was tough.

single leg calf raise and stair stepper.

This shit is the reason why most of pussies on Veeky Forums believes that it doesn't grow. lazy excuses.

Don't add too much weight at once if you haven't been hiking recently unless you want to pull your hamstrings.

Genetics? yes for high and low insertions.
As for size? just fucking play rugby or go hiking.
All my rugby mates have good calves.

This shit. Walked home every day 2 miles with 30 pounds of books at a fat shit. Tfw 15.5 inch calves forever

play badminton. your legs will turn into tree trunks. just try not to catch yellow fever

uphill walking. focus on calves by specifically targeting them ie walking on toes

>cutting xf

i mean i know the sentiment that you were going for but this is literally starving to death

bullshit

try being a runner for a decade. then start lifting. squats will be enough to get your calves jacked.

>i like to do x because its easier to push less weight
have fun being average

i got that genetics and shit senpai. literally do plyo for calves. has the benefit of making you athletic rather than just having useless bulk

>be fat
>just calf raises
>have good genes
>leg press calf raises
>walking
>memebuilding dot com
>trail running
>cyclcing
>high volume
>low volume
>hiking
>weighted hiking
>running in sand
>incline treadmill
>stair stepper
>fucking badmiton
>be a runner for a decade then squat
>literally just do plyo

HMMM really got my neurons firing. Its almost like everyone with good to average genetics does whatever and they grow. HMMM.
>sure bro do do """"INSERT RANDOM SHIT""""" and they'll grow. DON'T complain if you haven't tried my secret method hue hue
>remember DEDICATION and HARD WORK XDDD
Fucking neck your self cheekie you ugly cunt you probably are the smallest, weakest and ugliest here

cardio :^)

this familia.
high frequency + high volume.
every day you're in the gym, do a few sets.
Try different variations, like different feet angles. standing, seated, leg press, barbell, ...
Do fast pumping at the top of the ROM for many (30+) reps
Do slow reps and squeeze and hold at the top (heavy, fewer reps, 15-20)
Do slow controlled reps through the whole range of motion, 2sec up, 2sec squeeze, 2sec down, 2sec stretch.

I usually do 3 sets, one of each of the above. And alternate seated/standing each day.

>skeleton since birth
>start lifting
>them noob gains
>nice upper body
>decent quads
>calves still skeletal mode
>tfw I fell for the SS meme hard

I have really good natural proportions, gain muscle (and fat) stunningly easily and I got a good basic musculature from non-lifting sports escercises, but even despite being fat for most of my life I always had chicken calves. I blamed genetics for it, then I started weight training and they started to grow and get stronger like everything else. I did MA for 5 years and my kicks got sooo much stronger after 3 weeks of gymgoing that I barely believed it.

Squat

Well, if you do all three calf raises, toes in out and parallel. Theres also running on the middle of your foot, not the heel nor the toes but where you land toe but also the heel touches ground. And sprinting backwards, if you sprint backwards the heel can't touch the ground or you land on your ass fast.