Foam Rollers

Are they worth it? What size/type to get?

Other urls found in this thread:

gaiam.com/product/restore-18-inch-muscle-therapy-foam-roller/05-58272.html#start=1
amazon.com/AmazonBasics-High-Density-Round-Foam-Roller/dp/B00XM2MXK8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1478321607&sr=8-3&keywords=foam roller
youtube.com/watch?v=Vthkcq_1D1M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Works great for me.
I use them after my 2nd warm-up set in squats.
I also use them on just about everything on Sundays... (provided I'm off work, or late shift).

If you don't weigh more than 200 lbs, you should get the green one from a company called GAIAM. Affordable and effective.

If you're closer to 250 lbs, check out the blue RumbleRoller.

>feels good when it's over

yes, but also get a thicc PVC pipe because foam rollers are dope but if you want to get that beast mode muscle smashing, you need

>the pipe

pvc pipe + grippy tape
infinitely better than shitty soft foam

Thanks. I'm ~170, so is this the one you meant: gaiam.com/product/restore-18-inch-muscle-therapy-foam-roller/05-58272.html#start=1 ?

I am tryna get the pipe

Is PVC pipe better than high density foam like this: amazon.com/AmazonBasics-High-Density-Round-Foam-Roller/dp/B00XM2MXK8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1478321607&sr=8-3&keywords=foam roller

Tennis balls

Medicine ball, tennis ball, plastic water bottle (Filled up and then freeze it, won't explode), baseball (If you're really masochistic), you can use the edge of a counter or table if you can relax your weight to press your back into it, a LOT of objects work for SMR.

You have no choice in diameter, they're all the same in that, just length.

Sounds like a great way to bruise the living shit out of already stressed muscles and fuck your shit up for a week and not be able to train -- or even move around.

The problem with pretty much all of these rollers is you have no choice in the outside diameter. Unless you're a skinny little cardio bunny, they're all too small a diameter and it places too much pressure on too small a cross-section, which can actually fuck your shit up worse.

How so you even use them? My gym got them, but I've never seen anyone use them.

foam rollers are a meme. I broke my leg and learned to walk again. Never did this gay shit in physical therapy, stretching is more important

Yeh self-myofascial release has zero evidence behind it. I am still unconvinced that they're not a meme.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vthkcq_1D1M
here's a good video on it, jist of it is that it temporarily reduces pain allowing for ranges of motion you may not be able to do due to pain, and is only really useful shortly before doing an exercise with the muscle you're rolling. The whole 30m foam rolling shit to get every single muscle is basically pointless because by the time you're done everything the muscles you started with have lost their benefit from rolling.

I prefer getting a massage, but a roller also works. It's cheap, go get one.

Oi ladz what is the most painful area to roll when sore?

I reckon its the spot between the glutes and hammies

lol use a golf ball for beast mode rubs
hurts like a cunt but the relief after is just.. just the best

Have to go to a functional fitness gym to see a lot of people using them instead of working out.

they feel better than sex

obliques

Or maybe, you don't foam roll a broken leg you like

>I never fucked my cat when I broke my leg so it must be pointless

Try this one op, pretty much only one you'll need, great for inner glutes

I bought one of the amazonbasics rollers and it sat around forever, but when I finally tried it, it did make a difference, so I do it a bit everyday

I found that rolling around on tennis balls really helps how my back feels the next day, too.

Are you saying that fucking cats isn't pointless?

it isnt if u like it?

Lacrosse ball/theracane masterrace reporting in.. learn 2 myofascial release plebs

It works great for relieving sore muscles. When I first started training my lower back I'd roll with a lacrosse ball and soreness disappeared noticibly quicker.

>plastic water bottle (Filled up and then freeze it, won't explode)
wtf?