Can you enlighten me on intermittent fasting?

Can you enlighten me on intermittent fasting?

Instead of eating at a deficit, starve yourself for a whole day

Intermittent fasting!

that cant be healthy tho
that will rid you off your gainz

skip breakfast and lunch. drink caffeine instead
eat a midday snack like an apple or protein shake
eat a "big" dinner

lose weight because its impossible to stuff yourself with one big meal

It works because its hard to feed yourself a calorie surplus in just one meal or like 6 hours even. Also, it does some beneficial shit with your insulin levels. But I don't really understand what exactly.

>dont eat.
>window 2 - 8 hours where you can eat and do eat a couple meals as fuel
>lower insulin levels
>promote healing and rest in the body
>feels amazing when you get to enjoy food
>easy way to monitor what you eat
>helps you drink more water

>>could promote binging
>>could cause low blood sugar (supplement a chocolate bar or drink)
>>many people just cant do it cause it's unnatural*
>>could make you tired or irritable (also teaches you how to read moods and really learn yourself. a good mind cleanse )

>enlighten

Have a (You) for not using the word redpill. Tis an awesome thing to see.

It has multiple benefits I did it once a week for a month but now kinda forgot about it. Its good for losing weight and also if you have problems with over-eating fasting will kinda teach your brain to adapt to hunger. Thanks for reminding me about fasting I havent been doing it lately when I really should.
I like to start my fast 4 hours before bed and finnish it 24 hours later, tho most bodybuilders do it for just 6-10, research more into the subject. Fasting has been proven to have multiple benefits, most of Veeky Forums dont like fasting becouse they are too much of pussies to try it themselves.
Also when you are on a fast drink plenty of water and when you are having the first meal after a fast start very small since your stomach has decreased in size significantly while you where fasting.

last meme diet
helps on calory restriction and people believe that it is the magic of timing and circadian cycles
long term, it develops an elongated gut from feasting on one meal.
you also become antisocial because your lifestyle goes totally against any type of social eating, other than on binge hour
binge hour leads to carb coma, and having to nap
sumos use intermittent fasting to gain weight
also the mental clearness that many praise about during the fast days becomes a zombified state of mind: you feel good, but in reality you are droozy

tldr: it is a way of reducing body fat for a photoshoot, but it is not a healthy life style at all

oh i forget: fasting fags get salty when they hear the truth about their diet... it is a sad cult

Fasting is not a diet faggot, you can fast once a month or even less and still get benefits from it.

what the hell does that last one mean

>Fasting is not a diet
then what it is? a place? an state of mind? a pizza?

A meme. Fucking fitness memers are the most dogmatic motherfuckers on the earth. I'd rather live in Saudi Arabia than ketoburg.

IF is just another meme diet for people who can't figure out how to count calories and eat like a normal human being. And like every other meme diet it comes with magical powers.

You still eat the necessary amount of nutrients and food that you need you just fast for 12-16 hours a day an then eat it.

Really good diet when cutting. Saved me a shit ton of time wasting on constantly logging in to myfitnesspal.

Its literally not fucking eating for a set amount of time
Where you see diet in that fucking NEET??

Typically when I do It I go between like 12 pm to 6 pm

It's good cause it keeps you from eating at night and gives you a small window to get your cals in so you make sure they count

To me, the difference between intermittent fasting and regular calorie restriction is the same as that between having mindblowing sex at the end of the day and having blue balls all day long with no release.

It may sound counter-intuitive, but it's psychologically more tolerable than just eating slightly under my TDEE every day.

I actually do alternate day fasting, but I've done it intermittently with a 4-6 hour eating window and had great results. It's almost as effective as keto for me, but I get the benefit of enjoying some complex carbs without becoming a hungry mutant afterward. I also don't feel sick or get a headache if I'm eating dessert at a birthday party.

Check out stronglifts. His version is the most sane.

Everything you said does only apply fo faggots who tend to become overweight if they don't find tricks to keep themselves from stuffing their faces all day.

For normal people, there's no need to do intermittent fasting. Normal people have no problem with smaller portion size.

>>>many people just cant do it cause it's unnatural*

If by unnatural you mean the way humans naturally ate for 90% of their existence before agriculture, then yes.

but... that is a diet user

a meme one, by the way

intermitent fasting relies on avoiding the natural insulin cycle's peaks

but what is more interesting: insulin is need for energy uptake, so no insulin no fat, but also no muscle

who would benefit from the meme? juice heads or pretty swole guys on an insane suplement diet that maximizes protein absortion

>binge hour leads to carb coma, and having to nap
this is a good feel

I like IF because I enjoy eating to the point of feeling completely stuffed. I. And get rid of my fatty mindset so I'll just accommodate it using IF.

Also is it bad having my huge meal the morning?