Thoughts?

thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_PdXfTvxOF0ZXIy3hlVGmo0GeMdRDEz1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, you suck

Didn't dedicate to dieting properly, lifted maybe 3x a week. Imo he fucked around too much

>lifted maybe 3x a week

My fucking sides. Can't believe you actually thought posting this shit was a good idea. Please let this be bait.

Retarded question incoming:

Is there any truth in his "if you're a skinnyfat piece of shit, you need to do basic bodyweight work before you can actually get anywhere with an actual gym routine?"
I'm sick of being an out of shape pear-looking faggot and want to get more healthy - should I jump right into one of the 5x5 things from the sticky or should I focus on being able to do a pullup first?

>all these newfags

he would have look so much better if would have gotten lean then just bulk slowly

literally nothing wrong with full body 3x/week, and just because you do it you don't have to do SS and no accessories

Fuck off edge lord

watch this
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_PdXfTvxOF0ZXIy3hlVGmo0GeMdRDEz1

Bodyweight stuff is harder than lifting, how many lifters can do something as basic as holding a handstand for 5s?

it took you 2 years to realise SS is just a meme?

I think he meant more like push ups and pull ups and shit

Yeah, this.
I'm retarded and don't know what the right terminology is - sorry.

Just do 5x5. It's made for beginners to learn the movements while constantly making progress. After a few weeks do your research and pick a real program that fits your goals.

after a longer break from lifting weights (was a beginner anyway, didnt do it for long yet) I had similar thoughts. Back then I made the observation that even if i progress on the lifts, e.g benchpress more then 60gk after some time, i was not able to do proper pushups.

for my restart i therefore decied to start with bodyweight training first up to a decent level. meaning being able to do proper push ups for a reasonable amount of reps as well as pull ups.

handstand requires very little strength. it's basically 90% balancing act. hs pushups are a different story though. they require both.

source: can hold 30s+ free handstands and free hs pushups (proper ones, not some elbows flared out bullshit)

You never once thought that you could train pushups and bench at the same time? You just fucking quit lifting because you didn't practice pushups and therefore couldn't do them?

Thanks bros.
I think I'm going to do a 5x5 and just add in pullups.

Also, what's a "real program" and do I need one if all I'm looking for is not being a fat fuck. I don't want to be a Veeky Forums freak and develop BDD. Would kind of defeat the purpose of why I'm doing this in the first place.

Watch the playlist I linked.

You gotta eat big to get big!

No. Balance is seperate from strentgh. The lifters' limiting factor is thus balance in that movement. Different ways of training are different.

So liftfag can learn it if he wants.

Speaking as someone who was a skinnyfat piece of trash, I had a lot of problems making gains early on because I basically didn't have stabilizers at all. If you're starting then 5x5 is definitely fine but you've got to remember not to take it too fast and to stress FORM over WEIGHT every single fucking time. Do not get greedy and start adding more weight just because you're eager for gains, it'll come back to bite you in the ass later. Things like your hamstrings, your spinal erectors, your triceps, your core in general are all lacking massively so remember that.

Once you make sure you have your form down, you should hop on Greyskull LP. It is the best, hands-down, beginner program. But I say you should learn your form first, because on the program, you will be going to near failure, and you need to make sure you won't injure yourself via form breaking down.

Yeah, I don't know how much sense this makes, but I was going to follow the stronglift recommendation and use just the bar for a week (except for deadlift because apparently that doesn't work with just the bar?) and add like 5lbs every session after that until it gets really difficult.

Would doing a 5x5 like stronglift then transitioning to the other one after a few months work?