youtube.com/watch?v=XQvSmqChm6M
youtube.com/watch?v=qnjYyfkcaNI
youtube.com/watch?v=JRfWyuhiqWs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GOMAD and SS

Plausible idea, non-scientific method.

Cross shit

this tb h
I like the idea of generalist fitness for non-specific purposes as well as the idea that training better serves you when you have a performance goal, but crossfit's specific methodology is more geared toward seeming hardcore and giving people something to post about on facebook
that being said, it has gotten a lot more people acquainted/comfortable with the idea of difficult training using barbells, so that's good too

can be good but too many idiots practice it

I'm intrigued. Please continue...

(Not being a cunt. I'm genuinely interested, because I've often thought the same thing but have no where near the knowledge to actually back that up)

It's good in theory, but horribly executed. Maybe 5% of crossfitters are good looking and actually athletic, and that's because they do strength/oly lifting first and meme-WODs second

wat

yea exactly, I used to do it and found it really fun, especially for cardio. But the whole weekend warrior toxic bad ass circle jerk was too much. Overall I'd recomend it.

advanced lifts taught to beginners by coaches with a 2 week c&j / snatch seminar who doesn't master the lifts themselves.
Also performing these lifts at the rate of which crossfitters do, damage is imminent. C&J and the snatch are usually kept under 5 repetitions per set for a reason.

TLDR; crossfit is snapcity famalam

youtu.be/Jp7-5gbtfOY?t=90

I have questions.

Not even once.

that's impressive. he did as many pullups as i did sitting on my ass watching him

I get that the goal is waking him up, but why not just leave out the handy??

It's fucking gay.

It can be good for short durations for athletic people. Terrible for long durations or for non athletic people.

Personally I'm not comfortable doing compound, heavy lifts for time. Doing power cleans and deadlifts shouldn't be part of your cardio routine, and is inviting injury.

I've got a couple dozen friends who've done crossfit at one time or another and I'd say 90% have had injuries ranging from minor to serious muscle injuries that will hurt them for years.

give it a try.
the less people doing CrossFit, the better.

you can't really injure yourself if you don't do it with max weight unless you do some unorthodox shit. doing cleans or diddys with bitch weight is basically cardio.

but yeah, most of the CF people have zero idea about proper form so they are most likely going to injure themselves

I like the idea of functional strength but football players and mma fighters have had this for years. There's no need to do dumbshit dangerous lifts to achieve functional strength.

I disagree. Even 50% of 1rm of deadlift can fuck your back up bad if you're fatigued and trying to squeeze out an extra couple of reps for time and sacrifice form.

the emphasis on intensity is GOOD
the ignorance on form is BAD

Excellent program for beginners as well as advanced lifters looking to expand beyond the meagre results typical programs can provide. Most Olympic weightlifters train CrossFit in the off season, but they keep it a secret so their competitors don't hop on too. No other regimen comes close to the raw strength and aesthetic gains of CrossFit. This is all backed up by solid science- if you aren't doing CrossFit you just simply don't know shit about fitness.

I think the guy lost on purpose just to get a handy.

>tfw no gf

Did he die?

He went to heaven.

I'm jelly of how they managed to get so many pretty girls to actually lift weights. The weight room at my gym is almost exclusively males, the few girls that go are lifting babbyweights with their bodybuilder boyfriends

if that girl is your idea of pretty then i wouldn't want to see what you would call ugly

i'm sorry you can't handle a real woman user.
You can keep your twiggy women and leave the godesses to me

just saying that she doesn't look very appealing in that picture. looks more like a crossfit guy (get it?) than a woman

They got a lot of pretty girls to start looking like dudes. Typical advanced crossfit woman is:
>big arms
>round delts
>big pecs and small tits
>strong jaw ???
>no ass, but somehow massive quads

I'm sorry bro, if you're into this you're probably a closeted fag.

I'm sorry but if you wouldn't lick her butthole then you are probably a closeted fag

The answer, no matter what your question was, is this: niggers.

his*

/r/ing the webm of a ridiculous series of people badly doing crossfit

this one?

Can someone explain what exactly crossfit is? I do a lot of conditioning work with kettlebells and strongman-style training. Am I inadvertently doing crossfit, or does crossfit have a more specific definition?

y u no like sexy ladies user?

yes, thank you so much

>Can someone explain what exactly crossfit is?
imagine exercises done with proper form, then subtract form

youtube.com/watch?v=XQvSmqChm6M

There's got to be more to it than that. Is it about doing exercises as quickly as possible, and that's why form is usually bad?

pls explain

It's a cult that pushes stupid people who need to belong to something and or lose a few pounds to do unbelievably stupid fucking shit while lifting weight or doing something vaguely athletic for positive affirmation from a group.

That it's not been shut down or sued into the fucking ground is an outright fucking miracle.

I train for Crossfit (like actual crossfit competitions) with strength work, gymnastics and conditioning separately

I also lift with good form

Am I not a crossfitter then?

>absolute garbage form leading to injuries and false sense of pride
>mostly retarded exercises

Give me your weekly routine brah,how do you fit in all the elements?

>weighs 139lbs
how tall is this guy? im a 5'8 (manlet) recovering skelly and im at 146

Rn cause work reasons I only train five times a weeks

On paper it looks like this:

A:
Mobility (includes general and specific mobility)
Strength (C&J and front squats)
Conditioning (Long distance row/bike for time
Conditioning (two element circuit one being a row/bike)
Optional BB work

B:
Mobility
Skill (Gymnastics, usually a movement I'm weak at, currently working on iron cross)
Strength (usually a strength cycle on weighted strict pullups or dips)
Conditioning (something that usually focuses on bodyweight movements, strict or kipping with one or many components for time)

And so on, on some days if I feel fatigued I skip an element. I always kind of take the week end off and take my boat to row on the Thames, clears my mind off.

Forgot to mention for strength work, I have three sessions
A: C&J + front Squats
B: Snatches + Back Squats
C: OHP + Deadlifts

>$.15 has been deposited into your account

Thanks man, I'm at a decent level of strength so now looking to become more of an "all round athlete".

Looks like John barrowman.

i'm not the one liking women who look like men

youtube.com/watch?v=qnjYyfkcaNI

>I'm jelly of how they managed to get so many pretty girls to actually lift weights.

Marketing, plain and simple. Selling the fight against the "girls aren't supposed to lift weights" meme to women almost too old to be part of the facebook generation desperately looking for a way to remain relevant.

they're DYEL feglords who can't handle dating someone more athletic than their non-lifting ass

you have good taste, pay them no attention.

>pretty girls lifting weights

Ever seen the chicks at the crossfit games and gyms? The ones that aren't two test shots away from being dudes are absolute fucking retards who barely crack 5/10 in looks.

The pretty girls doing crossfit isn't due to marketing, the actual marketing is that pretty girls are doing crossfit.
They are not.

Basically, your body adapts to specific stresses.

Because randomness is such a big part of CrossFit, you aren't really exposing your body to a specific training stress (e.g. slowly adding weight to the bar over time to develop a strength adaptation or doing sprints with decreased intervals to develop a conditioning adaptation over several weeks/months.) You're just tiring yourself out.

This is more or less why rabdo (basically exhaustion-enduced muscle tissue atrophy, a condition almost unheard of in the western world outside of the context of certain very stupid crossfit affiliates pushing people way too far) is as common as it is in CF. They're applying a stress to the body it simply can't adapt to because of its erratic and overwhelming nature.

That said, a lot of CF gyms don't take 'constant variation' to a workout-to-workout level extreme and actually make their members fitter. However, they're more or less doing it by ignoring the 'model' that CF promotes.

It's essentially a rebranded form of circuit training that incorporates the olympic lifts and strongman style exercises.

It (rightly) gets flak for making complete novices do retarded shit like 60 snatches for time or whatever, or popularising the retardation that is the kipping pullup (a gymnastics exercise that not only has no carryover to a strict pullup, but can actually cause joint damage in untrained individuals.)

However, if it wasn't for CrossFit, lifting would be about 1% as popular as it is now. Weightlifting would be fucking dead in English speaking countries (as opposed to just moribund) and powerlifting would probably have continued skullfucking itself to death. So it has had a positive impact in some ways.

Crossfit could be viable for advanced lifters who are looking to become more athletic, but the main issue is it teaches dumb normie dyels incorrect form, stupid lifts, and "shortcuts" for lifts that could result in snapping your shit up. Also the whole cult status it has going on is stupid, plus the idea of paying obscene amounts of money for an adult PE class is retarded.

The cutest fat girls do it so I pretend to be into crossfit for easy pussy during dry spells

Other than that, it's a meme workout. Only normies who listen to trap do it and cant explain why they do it

Apparently they think erecting the penis wakes people up faster who have been KO'd

>quick waterboard him while he is sleeping!

There are an indefinite amount of idiots that practice any "sport".

wow. He's got to be under 5'5 for sure.

anybody that doesn't look DYEL under 160 is SHORT -- 5'9, 152lbs here.

Can someone explain this crossfit shit to me? I really don't get it. Wouldn't he be better off doing an actual pull up?

>What is strongman
>What is Gpp

>Source
Crossfitâ„¢ is a company

It's the best way to get in great shape really quickly, but like anything that gets you in great shape really quickly there's a very high risk of injury

Strongman training is the GOAT weight training. That's what women want.

He's training specifically for crossfit competition. Crossfit comps generally (though not always) allow kipping pullups to count. So there's a distinct advantage to being able to efficiently do kipping pullups.

It's kind of like jerking vs pressing. If you're trying to build your shoulders, you'd press every time. If you were trying to compete under rules that allow the jerk, you'd bloody well better learn the jerk.

Crossfit is really abstract and sort of based on the branch. Some branches have owners that do a good job, some are a mess that just hurt people more than help. Sort of like Planet Fitness, it's more of a commercial chain than an actual method.

However, the overall issue with Crossfit is they try to stand out by doing weird things and introducing weird specialized equipment that's more gimmick than anything else. In other words, it's like taking something positive, like push ups, and then adding a shake weight to them for some reason :/.

Thats not the issue with Crossfit at all though.

Im willing ot bet you have no idea what youre talking about nor have ever tried it.

I personally am not a fan of crossfit, but I understand where its weaknesses are. Its weaknesses are in an inability to create an overall athlete. The games itself lack sagitall motions, and or the most part all its main events are frontal plane movements. It lacks stability training the most, and because of that leads to incredible amounts of compensations and has something like an 80% rate of injury.

Source: Exercise physiologist working with Olympic athletes.

Is there any source that confirms, denies, or otherwise talks about this? I was talking to a friend about it and he says it makes sense, but when I ask him to explain the logic behind it he just gives me self-contradictory nonsense.

Yes and no. I've seen their high rep count box jumps, which is what you're referring to, and that's an issue. Though it's also what I was hoping to get across in terms of gimmick.

More so, I've seen their self defense class stuff, which has an ok foundation that you should avoid conflict and some very basic things, but then proceeds to go off the rails with things like fighting off multiple attackers on your own, which is just crazy for a basic course. There are also things like the frog which are unnecessary equipment that is more for show than utility.

keked

I have questions.

Doesn't that pregnant woman drop the bar on her stomach after her set?

Nah, they only teased him a bit, I don't think he actually came.

>pretend to be unconscious until you finish

Not him, but i'll cover possible points just from pure speculation.

Aroused people have a faster heart rate, this could pump blood to the brain faster and allow them to gain consciousness more effectively.

However, you're also pumping more blood and therefore oxygen away from the brain because there's an extra muscle (effectively) in use. Think about holding your breath underwater swimming vs holding it underwater while being still.

Likelihood is it won't make a difference at all, there are still African tribes that hunt with spears and live in mud huts, after all. This is not a civilized, intelligent people that we're discussing.

He's unconcious, so they had to activate bloodflow to his head

youtube.com/watch?v=JRfWyuhiqWs

best and especially fastest way to get Veeky Forums and aquire functinal strength

Gets people active, which is good.
Not a great way to actually train though. just exercise.

>1:02
Literally Veeky Forums's wet dream

lol, but also kinda sad

srsly there is only one legit reason for doing crossfit. Its when you want to bang a crossfit-girl

>reebok nano 2's
wore meme shoes before they were actually any good, 2/10 wnb

It's a social club for women who don't want to go to a commercial gym because men hit on them there.

I think it's just more extreme

he's probably trained for it at this point, look how he fell

These people all know how to train. This is not an accurate representation of crossfit.

>C&J and the snatch are usually kept under 5 repetitions per set for a reason.
Bull fucking shit. Olympic weightlifters do a ton of clean and jerks and snatches during a training session. Ever seen the Chinese, Russians and Kazakhs train?

those people have perfected their form. 99% CF people have no idea about form

I didn't defend crossshit, I just said your statement was thoroughly and completely false. If they actually wanted to learn how to do the lifts correctly, they'd still have to do them dozens of times in a training session but with smaller weights, so they could focus on perfecting form. Doing them only 5 times per training session will do fuck all to learn the technique.

He said 5 reps per set not 5 reps per session you illiterate dumbass.