STRAP IN BOYS AND GIRLS

ANYONE WHO DOESNT LOVE STRAPS FITE ME NOW

Straps on olympic lifts are a thing of beauty.

>The simplicity and usefulness
>the feeling when you are strapped into the bar and are just about ready to pull that weight
>the fact that you can get a good pair for $10

Fuck chalkfags. Bunch of Kevin Garnett wannabees.

So, uh, link to good pair for $10? Grip is limiting me from passing 305 lb for reps cuz I'm gay

Jesus man, you'll be forever depended on those things.
Not to mention you'll be that guy that pulls 305 with straps

Something wrong with versa grips?

I can pull 305 for 4 but it wastes a lot of my grip strength for the remainder of my workout so I figured wraps would help me improve that

>Straps on olympic lifts are a thing of beauty
Also not allowed in competitions so...

It's just a strap it is just a matter of whether you want leather or nylon. And if nylon what color. White nylon if you are an old school lifter who squats in a pair of overalls but most choose black.

Leather ones are nice because they have a bit of give to them both in the hang and in your grip.

The traditional loop ones are better than the hook straps

I'll remember that when I quit my job and decide to pull iron full time against 360 lb Armenians and Turks

Bare hands master race.

Pads are mini kek race.

Straps are pussy race.

Gloves are top kek race.

Chalk are Pajeets smearing their shit everywhere.

straps are great for high volume deadlifts

I can get like 15000lbs total tonnage all quality reps without my hands holding me back

hey everyone we found the butthead who makes the bar all grey and gross with his palm skin

man, you are weak af. don't bother using straps until you're close to 500.

>2016
>Having a weak grip

ISHYGDDT

fifty bucks says you have five chins and are here for the bear daddy pics

nobody who actually lifted 500 would put down someone looking to get better

I pull 550, and I think it's retarded for somebody that pulls less than 3 plate to start strapping in for their main heavy sets. I use straps occasionally, they can be useful for getting volume without fucking up your hands further. However, 305x4 is basically still beginner territory. Use chalk, mix your grip, use hook grip, do more static holds. The solution at this point in time is not "lol time for straps".

you don't get better by failing to develop your grip while pulling beginner-level weights.

I was referring more to your attitude about people who lift less than you. That's a shit attitude. I'll be nice and take you on your word that you internet lift 550...

Obviously he should work on grip strength but working on grips and forearms while using straps is fine for him to do. If he is skipping lifts because of fatigue he should strap in. Plus he will have less wrist pain in the long run.

Unless you are competing there's no reason to use alternating or hook grip. No need to risk tearing a bicep and there's no reason to experience the pain of hook grip just for fun.

And stop bullshiting. Unless you're a fat fuck there's no way you're pulling 550 before needing straps or using another grip.

>using straps
>using belts
>using mixed grip

Kek

Straps are only needed for snatch grip exercises. Most oly lifters train with this style and only use hook grip for competitions.

you can get strapped TO Deeze NUUUUUUUUUUUUTs Ahahahaha got you nigga hahahahha AAAAyyyyeee

How does being fat correlate to grip strength you retard?

weight goes up weight goes down it's all just small potatoes how your meathooks hold onto the bar.

But for my 2c I'll take some straps.

Hey faggot, I would prefer to use chalk if my gym didn't ban it. Literally nobody uses it because the huge signs by the racks that threaten to revoke your membership if you do. Oh here comes the part where you tell me to go to a real gym. Go be a fat powerlifter somewhere else

>Fuck chalkfags. Bunch of Kevin Garnett wannabees.

OP can't even tell the difference between KG and Lebron James, we're done here.
Also if you can't pull at least 3 pl8 without straps/chalk/pussy assist then you need to work on grip strength rather than taking shortcuts to lift big numbers.

>OP can't even tell the difference between KG and Lebron James, we're done here.

Hey everyone laugh at the millennial who doesn't remember KG doing it for a decades in Minnesota and Boston

I'm not that guy that commented earlier. I just agree with the idea that this dude doesn't need to worry about straps. He has fundamentally weak grip.

I use mixed grip for my 550. I've pulled 440 double overhand though. Not super lean, but I'm not fat. 190 lbs this morning at 5' 11".

Get liquid chalk, use it discreetly. Every gym I've ever lifted in didn't allow chalk (except my current). I used chalk in all of them, and nobody said a fucking word to me. Be discreet, just rub a little on your hands, don't walk around slapping your hands together making dust clouds, and just wipe off the bar and plates when you're done.

Or use liquid chalk, it creates pretty much zero mess.

idiot, KG is known for headbutting the stanchion. Who the fuck thinks of KG when hearing about a chalk toss in the NBA?
Lastly if you want to be nitpicky about it, MJ was actually one of the first on record to do it.

>Who the fuck thinks of KG when hearing about a chalk toss in the NBA?

someone who watched basketball before 2010?

head over to if youre really want to go full circlejerk about this

>thinking you need to be obese to pull only 550
Why is Veeky Forums full of such dyel shits who think being strong is only reserved for fatties?

sir yes sir

one more vote for traditional loop style straps

what are weight classes

Don't use straps under 200kg, work on your grip instead.

What's pussy assist? Mixed grip? It just slips from my hands dude, what else can I do?

you shouldn't listen to fags on Veeky Forums that's what you should do

most people itt can't even pull 5plate.

my advice is don't use straps below 200kg, buy some liquid chalk like an user suggested above and work on your grip

Just get some tape for your thumbs and learn hook grip.

This is the right approach.

All suck it, I use straps for 315. BOOOM

kek hook grip pain?

i hook grip all my lifts fgt fite me irl

it literally stops hurting after the third deadlift session using it. the only time i hurt myself was fucking up my form in a PR 480 using hook grip and letting the bar run in my hands, resulting in a skin tear in the thumb, but my own fucking fault

no he's right. You need more grip strength. The only way you develop that grip strength is by actually doing more fucking reps

You cunts are ridiculous. I don't even close my fucking hand on less than 250kg.

>tfw actual fisherman tho.

honestly people here need to stop being such pussies. I respect that most of you are trying to get into lifting to get off the couch, but you can't go crazy over a little discomfort. Hook grip isn't bad for you. Straps will take away from your grip strength in the long run. Don't cheat yourselves

I'm from a fishing village, about an hour and a half away from the nearest Wal Mart. rural folks, or manual laborers, are far less pampered than your average suburb/city dweller. Or even just people who live in a decent sized town with easily accessible resources

I pull 600 for 5 rep and I started 4 months ago, don't even bother to lift I you can't pull 400 after 6 months.

You got juicy as fuck forearms kalastaja?

I feel bad because my forearms are bigger than my twig calves :(

I worked with a guy who used to be a fisherman, he did it for like 10 years and his forearms were insanely huge. Like cords of steel. And he was a pretty fat guy all he did was eat burgs and drink beers and work.

I guess so. My biggest asset is that I'm not a fucking pussy

I laugh at men with desk jobs. You can keep your extra money, I'd prefer to live while I work, thanks.

>my advice is don't use straps below 200kg,
in the real world, 99% of ppl hitting gym for 10+ years can't deadlift 100kg for 10 reps without failing grip (if they use a pronated grip)

besides, deadlift is not a grip exercise and being puritan on grip is plain inane

>can't even pull 5 plate
I'd love to see your skinny body

>liquid chalk
ffs, do that in your own home gym

go to hardware store
buy 1-1/2" webbing
cut to length
get a sharpie out to put cool designs on or cry because it doesn't have a logo on it

>not even looping them
At least get a sturdy needle and some nylon string and sow it together to make a loop otherwise you're just making it unnecessary difficult to set up your grip.

>99% of ppl hitting gym for 10+ years can't deadlift 100kg for 10 reps
Nobody's buying that bs. I'm literally the poojeet you all make fun of and even I can do that.

100kg is 2pl8 for anyone who didn't know

>99% of ppl hitting gym for 10+ years can't deadlift 100kg for 10 reps without failing grip
Bull fucking shit. I've been going to the gym for like 5 months now and I can double overhand (no hook grip) 120kg for 5 reps. I've never tried 10 reps with 100kg but I'm pretty sure I'd get it and if I didn't, I'm pretty sure I could get it in less than 9.5 years.
Now if by 99% of gym goers you mean normies who never understood how to set up their nutrition, sleep and routine, then yes. I believe at least 90% of those people don't even deadlift, because it's "dangerous". Everyone who's serious about training and the gym, will be able to do it in a relatively short amount of time.

Bet you do slam lifts instead of deadlifts as well

kek

Yes, total fucking retard. He also posted a Screamin' Smith pic.

>>Who thinks of KG doing a chalk toss?

Literally anyone over the age of 12.

>Jordan did it first.

No, MJ did not throw the chalk up in the air like KG and Lebron. He would just clap his hands with it at the table.

Back to 8th grade PE little guy.

>LOL wut hook grip pain? It stops hurting.

Pretty contradictory there hookgrip fag.

I can do 5 plate 1RM

Chalk > Straps. Do supinated unassisted for as much as you can. Use chalk until grip fails again, then mixed no chalk until fail, then mixed + chalk.

Straps are for babbies and women.

>dont use hook grip
>dont use the equipment you were literally born with
u fukin wot m8?

kek you got me im a hookshill

Train forearms, don't make the problem worse

>You'll never improve your grip.

Internet gym warriors always forget that forearms can be worked out quite easily.

>you'll be forever dependent on them.

Big difference between not wanting horribly callused shit kicking farmer hands v. need them to perform lift.

>Be the guy who lifts x amount of weight.

Shit argument. Only egotists actually think people are looking at them at the gym. Also much better to be that guy than the one who stops lifting because their hands are hurting or who uses an insane amount of chalk and leaves it everywhere.

Yeah, they're $60 and don't work as well as traditional ones that cost $10.

>315lbs 5x5

fuck my grip sucked last gym sesh. seems as though sometimes my grip is there and sometimes it's not.

I was super tired fighting sleep at work. popped 2 caffine pills.

could be an issue on sleep tho. usually im fine

hook grip is literally using your thumb as a strap

B-b-but aren't you worried that you'll be disqualified in the mid north central atlantic crossfit competitions?

How the fuck will you ever get a stronger grip? Train forearms? What madness.

Better to put fucking glue on your hands or be the asshole who leaves the area looking like a Charlie Sheen coke party.

I don't lift under 500 kg with anything but my penis.

>y'all are pussies.
>I respek you bros
>Nobody actually likes lifting except me.

Internet lifting champion in your own mind.